PDA

View Full Version : My deadlift grip

Talking_God
06-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Today I was doing 315 for 5 reps, which I haven't done before, mostly because I was still experimenting w/ pulling sumo or conventional (chosen sumo, seems to work better for me). My question is, before I was using a double pronated grip, but just recently I tried using a left supinated & right pronated grip and I can pull more this way; the only problem (if it's a problem) is that I feel it more in my left shoulder now that it's supinated. Is it likely that this may be because I don't have my left shoulder pulled all the way back, or is it normal to feel it in you shoulder? Any answers would be appreciated guys, thanks.

Hazerboy
06-09-2007, 11:43 PM
This seems like something kind of specific; try videotaping yourself if you have a camera or a phone. Pull your traps together maybe, look up.

Oh, and don't forget to switch your grip up, either from set to set or if you're doing low reps you can quickly switch it rep after rep.

RedSpikeyThing
06-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Yes, using a mixrd grip affects your back and shoulders. Try switching around which is over/under and it'll be fine.

deeder
06-10-2007, 12:05 PM
I never switch my grip... Am I gonna die?

I say don't mess with a good thing. I can't get set up right when I switch my grip...

RedSpikeyThing
06-10-2007, 01:17 PM
I never switch my grip... Am I gonna die?

I say don't mess with a good thing. I can't get set up right when I switch my grip...

One way feels very unnatural to me too. I use the comfortable way for max attempts and either switch grips between sets, or pull double-overhand on lighter stuff.