PDA

View Full Version : Alright guys, I need your help.

ray34iyf
06-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm several weeks into my cut, and up until now I've been doing fine as far as recovery, energy, etc...but I'm starting to hit a wall both mentally and physically and I think that refeeding once a week may help...problem is, I have no clue how to go about it because I'm not one of those that are on a low carb diet and need to load up on carbs for a day..I don't know, I know next to nothing about refeeding correctly and the search option didn't do me justice..

So..first, I'll lay out my cutting diet that I'm using every day along with the macros..if someone could tell me what to eat tomorrow for the refeed, that would be AWESOME.

Breakfast: 6AM
1 cup skim milk
3 hardboiled eggs

Lunch: 10AM
3 oz peanuts

Pre-W/O: 4PM
1.5 cup oats
1.5 cup skim milk
scoop Nitrean

Post-W/O: 6PM
3 cups h20
Creatine+dextrose
scoop Nitrean

Dinner: 7PM
1 cup skim milk
Clean meat/veggies

Bedtime:
.5 cup cottage cheese

CALORIES=2335
Protein:175.5g
Carbs: 194.5g
Fat: 95g

Supplements:
8 ETS
3 Nitor
Multivitamin
2 Vit. C
8 Fish Tabs
Creatine Mono-been taking for a week

So..what the heck should i do??? My cut has been very successful so far except for some losses on my deadlift, squat and I don't want it to tank.
Thanks guys.

Built
06-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Maybe a few more veggies, but your macros look great, nutrient timing is spot on ... you're like me, you undereat in the daytime so you can eat after you train.

How about trying it informally for now - eat normally all day, then post workout, go low fat, moderate protein, and carb-o-rama until bedtime? How long have you been dieting and how fast have you been dropping?

ray34iyf
06-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I've been cutting for about 6 or so weeks now and went from 174 to about 159...although I lost 7 lbs of water weight my first week...so I've been losing roughly 1.3lbs a week...and have dropped from roughly 17.5% BF to roughly 14%..so something like 6.5 fat to 1.5 muscle ratio of loss.

My main issues lately have been that my muscles(especially lower body and lower back) are always sore and I've been getting that cloudy dazed feeling alot more with greater than normal joint pain. I only have about 6-7 lbs of weight to drop assuming little muscle loss to get to my goal of 11%BF and I don't want to eff this up..
Thanks for the link, I'll read that good stuff up!

ArmandSV
07-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Ray

I'm in a similar situation, my cut and diet timing is about the same, but I stop at ~2000 calories a day. I have noticed the lasting sore feeling lately too. (without the cloudy and dazed.

I did cheat this weekend and eat way over my caloric limit on Friday and Sunday night, I ate healthy foods, just a lot of them, so I'm not sure if I caused to much diet damage, but I do feel like my muscles recovered a lot, and I attribute this to eating a lot extra this weekend. (is this called a refeed?, what is a refeed?)

Im not sure what the soreness means exactly in respect to muscles and diet, so if anyone has more info that would help us both.

BBB
07-30-2007, 07:37 AM
My first question would be what is your training like?