PDA

View Full Version : which whey protein will work/taste best in my shake recipe...

booyah
06-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Hey all..My first whey protein was ON whey 100% rocky road flavored...I thought it was so great I went out and bought 2 more 5 lb tubs of the stuff. I'm half way into the 2nd tub and all I can say is UGH! I'm now sick of this stuff!!! It's the flavor, I shouldn't have gotten 2 more rocky roads...haha oh well live and learn.

anyways, I'm shake combo is like this right now:

frozen strawberries
banana
ice cream
orange juice

I want to ad my whey into these smoothies because they taste better and I absolutely HATE chocolate anything. what whey's have good results and would taste good in my shake?

thanks

BTW if anyone wants my other tub of rocky road 100% ON whey gold standard let me know. I'm basically looking to just get rid of it at this point!

getfit
06-10-2007, 12:46 PM
have you looked at Nitrean?

getfit
06-10-2007, 12:47 PM
http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=1

booyah
06-10-2007, 01:00 PM
woah jeez, that is some expensive stuff...

getfit
06-10-2007, 01:03 PM
This protein is amazing.It has excellent reviews.Alot of our memebers purchase Nitrean

booyah
06-10-2007, 01:07 PM
hmm...I'll keep that in mind, but I'd like to try something in the 25-30 dollar range or so.

dscarth
06-10-2007, 05:19 PM
hmm...I'll keep that in mind, but I'd like to try something in the 25-30 dollar range or so.

Umm... nitrean isn't cheap but its pretty competitively priced. For 25-30 dollars, I sure wouldn't want to know where that protein is coming from... maybe extracted from medical waste, or cadavers.

KingWilder
06-10-2007, 05:20 PM
25-30 bucks? Guess you aren't looking for quality even though that's what your thread title lead me to believe

dscarth
06-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Also look at the size of the product, haha. That was 4.5lb jug. Just plain whey alone in that size is going to cost $30.

Beast
06-10-2007, 05:46 PM
$28! (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=16)

devo
06-10-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm half way into the 2nd tub and all I can say is UGH! I'm now sick of this stuff!!! It's the flavor, I shouldn't have gotten 2 more rocky roads...haha oh well live and learn.

Yeah, I bought the Rocky Road flavour once. About 3 shakes into the tub I got really sick of the taste. For me it was the artificial taste of marshmallow that made me gag

just stick to the Double rich chocolate.. It's the best stuff I've ever had. I've never tried the Nitrean stuff before. I may look into getting a tub once this tub of ON is finished.

booyah
06-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Umm... nitrean isn't cheap but its pretty competitively priced. For 25-30 dollars, I sure wouldn't want to know where that protein is coming from... maybe extracted from medical waste, or cadavers.

Perhaps I've been disillusioned for quite sometime now then. I've been using ON whey which I had previously read good reviews about on this website. I got it for somewhere between 50-60 shipping included.

was ON whey a bad choice?

booyah
06-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I bought the Rocky Road flavour once. About 3 shakes into the tub I got really sick of the taste. For me it was the artificial taste of marshmallow that made me gag

just stick to the Double rich chocolate.. It's the best stuff I've ever had. I've never tried the Nitrean stuff before. I may look into getting a tub once this tub of ON is finished.

I would love to try the double rich chocolate, but as I said earlier I despise chocolate. has anyone tried any of their strawberry flavored?

leveque
06-11-2007, 05:31 AM
anyways, I'm shake combo is like this right now:

frozen strawberries
banana
ice cream
orange juice

I would say any vanilla powder would go good with this mix.