PDA

View Full Version : Powerclean technique

leveque
06-10-2007, 04:25 PM
I recently injured the outside of my wrist while doing a power clean. I'm thinking the weight was a bit too much, and my elbows were jetting out a bit too much.

My question is, how far out should elbows be when doing a power clean?

If someone has a link to a good power clean video, that would be great too.

Thanks.

Sleepy Guy
06-10-2007, 05:34 PM
They should be pulling straight up but the arms are not used to lift the weight rather get under it. The bar should be as close as possible to the body. I would imagine that either your grip is lacking, you are muscling the weight up, or catching it at the bottom (it is not really good to catch it but if you must you must).

lean-nakoa
06-14-2007, 03:19 PM
you can go on youtube and qwa.org and just watch the videos to see where your elbows must be. and the poster above has given some good advice. i also think it is because you are muscling the weight up as well, and also start using some wrist wraps (they will feel constrictive in the beginning, but in the long run your wrists will thank you)

Sleepy Guy
06-14-2007, 11:11 PM
You may also be lacking flexibility. When I first started I did not warm up as I normally did and ended up injuring it because of lack of flexibility. Racking the weight on the shoulders while holding it can be an issue for some.