PDA

View Full Version : Spotter/Training Partner Needed!!

lynnlynn7
06-11-2007, 10:41 AM
I will be at the University of Iowa in Iowa City for 4 weeks beginning June 17 and I'm looking for a training partner. I am a powerlifter usually lifting 3-4 days per week. Anyone interested?

Unholy
06-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Guido ci nie pomoze?

lynnlynn7
06-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Guido will not be with me. :(

Guido
06-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Nope, alas. Hence why she needs a knowledgable training partner for while she's away.

Clifford Gillmore
06-11-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm in the wrong country. I'd drive 2 hours to training partners if there was anyone around here :(.

lynnlynn7
06-13-2007, 10:23 PM
This is so sad. I know there are PL'ers in Iowa. Show me some love peeps!

vdizenzo
06-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Check out Bill Carpenters forum http://www.upa-iowa.com/? . He's a great guy. Tell him Vincent Dizenzo sent ya.

Guido
06-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Check out Bill Carpenters forum http://www.upa-iowa.com/? . He's a great guy. Tell him Vincent Dizenzo sent ya.I actually e-mailed Bill. He said he didn't know of any good PL gyms in Iowa City. He said she'd be welcome to train at his gym, but it's about 1.5 hours away!

Clifford Gillmore
06-14-2007, 07:58 AM
3 hours commute is well worth it to train down there once a month or fortnight!

Isaac Wilkins
06-14-2007, 07:59 AM
3 hours commute is well worth it to train down there once a month or fortnight!

It's further than that from where they live, Risk. She's traveling to Iowa City for a month, as I read it, and is looking for a place to work out/partners. So she'd be hitting several workouts per week for four weeks.

Clifford Gillmore
06-14-2007, 08:02 AM
It's further than that from where they live, Risk. She's traveling to Iowa City for a month, as I read it, and is looking for a place to work out/partners. So she'd be hitting several workouts per week for four weeks.

Anyone else see a big bald guy wearing a dunce hat?

*Sulks off*

vdizenzo
06-14-2007, 08:17 AM
An hour and a half is small price to pay for what will basically turn out to be a month of free seminars. Some people just don't get it. Even if it's just once a week, it's a start. I was commuting ten hours a week to train when I was climbing the ladder. Now it is common to have training partners drive an hour each way to train with me. Rhodes used to communte from MA. I have had guys come from as far as Maine.

*Shakes Head*

Clifford Gillmore
06-14-2007, 08:26 AM
An hour and a half is small price to pay for what will basically turn out to be a month of free seminars. Some people just don't get it. Even if it's just once a week, it's a start. I was commuting ten hours a week to train when I was climbing the ladder. Now it is common to have training partners drive an hour each way to train with me. Rhodes used to communte from MA. I have had guys come from as far as Maine.

*Shakes Head*

I'll all honesty Vin, if I had the cash (I'm a poor apprentice at the moment) I would be flying to seminars and gyms across the country and internationally atleast a few times a year.

vdizenzo
06-14-2007, 10:11 AM
I'll all honesty Vin, if I had the cash (I'm a poor apprentice at the moment) I would be flying to seminars and gyms across the country and internationally atleast a few times a year.

I was not talking about you. I'm just saying if someone is within an hour and a half of a great place to train they should be there. If you get to train with elite level lifters it often turns out to be like having your own personal seminar for free.

I never in my life paid to go to a seminar. I just used to call great lifters and ask if I could come train.

TwiloMike
06-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Guido ci nie pomoze?

Hehehe that was nice.

lynnlynn7
06-14-2007, 01:51 PM
I would love to train with Bill, however gas money and time are limiting factors here. They have us on a tight class schedule each day, so lifting on campus is really the only option.

Guido
06-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Exactly. And with gas over $3 a gallon, money is a limiting factor, as well.

waynedang
06-14-2007, 06:05 PM

That is why you guys need to car pool down to the lock up for some shirted bench some day! Only 70 miles away

lynnlynn7
06-15-2007, 07:27 AM
That is why you guys need to car pool down to the lock up for some shirted bench some day! Only 70 miles away

That sounds like a fun idea! Can we get pizza and some brew afterwards? I don't bench in a shirt, so I'll resume my position as the Vanna White of board holders.

deeder
06-15-2007, 08:47 AM
That sounds like a fun idea! Can we get pizza and some brew afterwards? I don't bench in a shirt, so I'll resume my position as the Vanna White of board holders.

Damnit... I want one at my gym ;)

Franco
06-15-2007, 08:54 AM

You'd really better not come to England then. For the equivalent we're paying around $6.70 a gallon/ 1.00 litre

waynedang
06-15-2007, 07:06 PM

Always pizza and beer after for our guests:alcoholic . We might not know everything but we do ok. I think it would be worth the trip for you guys. And we could use a Vanna board holder maybe we can teach you to coach Guido and what to yell and when.

Talking_God
06-16-2007, 12:31 AM
You'd really better not come to England then. For the equivalent we're paying around $6.70 a gallon/ 1.00 litre

Europe also has far more insane taxes on gasoline than the United States. Europe, whose countries are individually very small compared to the U.S. highly promotes mass transportation, such as the metros in France, or stereotypically ( I don't know how often they're really used there) the double-decker buses in London. Our country is far too large to have a convenient and inexpensive mass transit system that can take you to other cities.

All in all, I wish some elite lifters would come back to the gym I go to; I guess there used to be a few. If it wasn't for my new job working 10-12 hrs a day, I would love to go a little further away and train with some elite level people.

Guido
06-18-2007, 08:18 AM
You'd really better not come to England then. For the equivalent we're paying around $6.70 a gallon/ 1.00 litreYes, but England is small, so it's not like you have to drive that far to get anywhere, anyway.

Guido
06-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Always pizza and beer after for our guests:alcoholic . We might not know everything but we do ok. I think it would be worth the trip for you guys. And we could use a Vanna board holder maybe we can teach you to coach Guido and what to yell and when.Definitely Wayne. We'll definitely make an outing of it and come down someday soon.

waynedang
06-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Definitely Wayne. We'll definitely make an outing of it and come down someday soon.

Are you coming down to the strongman this year?

Guido
06-19-2007, 11:21 AM
It's the day that Lynn comes back from Iowa after 4 weeks of being gone, so probably not.

waynedang
06-22-2007, 07:40 PM
It's the day that Lynn comes back from Iowa after 4 weeks of being gone, so probably not.

Wise choice