PDA

View Full Version : Water Intoxication?

beachmuscles
06-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Last night at 9pm I drank a crapLOAD of water before I went to my friends because I was in a rush, and I was thirsty...Maybe .33 galon...anyways I had a headache, and felt kinda weird...So i was freaking out googling water intoxication, and just kept pissing, and didn't drink anything til 1pm today.

Am I fine? I feel pretty good now...Is there anyway to know if I have any problem? Should I keep drinking water normally now? If something was really wrong it would have happened already, right?

Also I made sure to eat my cottage cheese with alot of sodium, and had some other sodium filled foods (canned salmon) etc.

getfit
06-11-2007, 01:04 PM
If you feel pretty good,I'd say you're fine.

beachmuscles
06-11-2007, 01:10 PM
If you feel pretty good,I'd say you're fine.

I'm a nervous nelly, all last night I kept thinking I'm going to die lol

I kept thinking about that Wii contest, but like I didn't want to go to the hospital and look like a joke (I've done it a few times for various reasons)

I think I just get paranoid too fast. The thing is I went to bed really really thirsty, and just started drinking water again now, so I guess I'm fine.

getfit
06-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Don't worry about.I used to be anxious all the time,I've learnt to calm down.You're fine :)

DARKKNIGHT
06-11-2007, 01:41 PM
getfit, muscles like iron, heart like gold.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-11-2007, 01:48 PM
If you feel fine now, then your body has already created an equilibrium. You're going to be fine. There's no need to drink an excessive amount of water in a short period of time. Don't do that.

nddillon
06-11-2007, 04:52 PM
In navy seal training they did not allow them to have water for the last 36 hoursof their "risk" week. When they were allowed to one drank 3 gallons, not because of thirst solely, alot was peer pressure. He passed out and threw up for hours...he is fine...just like you.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-11-2007, 06:35 PM
And people have also died drinking a gallon or so in a very short period of time, as in the case of that kid in the fraternity where they made him drink a boatload of water as one of the "tests". He died. It's best not to take the risk.

Unholy
06-11-2007, 06:49 PM
.33 gallons of water shouldn't cause water intoxication.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-11-2007, 06:57 PM
^^

Most likely not, no. That's like 3 bottles of water.

beachmuscles
06-11-2007, 10:34 PM
How much water is a safe amount to drink every hour? I seem to drink about 16 oz, every hour...But I usually just chug it in like 10 seconds.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
06-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Stop chugging water in 10 seconds. A headache may mean nothing, but it can also be the first signs of early water intoxication. People on here spread out a gallon or so of water over the entire day. If you're up for 12 hours and you drink a gallon of water...that's about 10 ounces of water an hour. 16 ounces of water an hour should be perfectly fine. You can also drink milk, as milk is 80-85% water. If you're chugging water and it gives you a headache...stop chugging water.

CarlP
06-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Stop chugging water in 10 seconds. A headache may mean nothing, but it can also be the first signs of early water intoxication. People on here spread out a gallon or so of water over the entire day. If you're up for 12 hours and you drink a gallon of water...that's about 10 ounces of water an hour. 16 ounces of water an hour should be perfectly fine. You can also drink milk, as milk is 80-85% water. If you're chugging water and it gives you a headache...stop chugging water.

Like Scarz said, use common sense. A gallon spread out over the whole day is usually plenty. No need to chug it.

jamrock
06-19-2007, 02:28 PM
I slam a half gallon in 30 minutes when I wake up.. by the time I walked out of bed, fed the dogs, smoked a joint and jumped in the shower i'm more than half way through my gallon. I drink more in the mornings than in th evenings... By 3pm im starting my second gallon.. I tend to leave the last quarter of the jug.. But that not counting anything I drank during my wo, or my paintball practice, or if I choked on a dac.. heh..

even when i was lazy and lethargic I drank at least a gallon a day plus a couple cups of milk, juice, and on the rare occasion gatorade..

I'd risk it for a Wii.