PDA

View Full Version : squat suit...OUCH!

jtteg_x
06-11-2007, 08:48 PM
i finally recieved my sz50 metal ipf squatter and man was it difficult to get on! i had my friend help me get the lower half on and it was sooo tight. i pulled high enough so my crotch has slack room. went out and squatted a semi-heavy load. my hamstrings against the material was so tight that it left battle scars on my thighs, i couldnt get down to paralell without havng trouble falling forward to keeping stable, and it just felt uncomfortable.

is this normal for first time users? will i eventually learn my "groove" like a bench shirt? any other advice?

WillKuenzel
06-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Squat suits are different. With a bench shirt you can let the weight drift down and the shirt will sort of let the weight drift in the groove. In a squat suit you have to sit back hard. The squat suit doesn't want you sit back. Especially with the straps up, it will pull you out of your normal groove. I squatted several times without the straps up to get used to how it was pulling.

Squatting in a suit isn't comfortable at all. I always come away with bruises and once or twice, bleeding. I use underarmor underneath to help get it up. Suit slippers work well, if your federation doesn't allow multi-ply.

Clifford Gillmore
06-11-2007, 08:58 PM
What big Willy said. Got 50lbs out of my Champion suit first time straps up, and the second time I opened my groin out I had some nice bruises there. Garbage bags are great if you didn't buy suit slippers.

jtteg_x
06-11-2007, 10:52 PM
do you have it so its tight in the crotch or leave a little room?

i feel like its forcing me to use all heels when squatting rather than using the balls of my feet. do you guys squat medium or wide stance?

Chris Rodgers
06-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Jam that thing up in their til your balls are in your throat. Seriously, it needs to be all the way up, or it might not allow you to open up your groin and get your knees out. You have to rock the male camel toe.

deeder
06-11-2007, 11:03 PM
You have to rock the male camel toe.

Haha I love it!

I've never worn a suit but a few weeks ago one of my training partners was putting his new suit on and one of the guys that came in to help us from Moose Jaw kept asking him if it was touching his taint. Nope? Then it's gotta go higher!

jtteg_x
06-11-2007, 11:06 PM
just reading that hurts my nuts.

Sensei
06-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Jam that thing up in their til your balls are in your throat. Seriously, it needs to be all the way up, or it might not allow you to open up your groin and get your knees out. You have to rock the male camel toe.
Ditto.

BUT, you don't want to hike the legs up. If you do, you will be losing sagittal (vertical) tension in the suit - in other words, less help out of the hole.

RhodeHouse
06-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Male camel toe or Atomic camel toe, as I like to call it. You should squat on your heals, not your toes.