PDA

View Full Version : New here help needed!!

ferjon
06-12-2007, 08:42 AM
I was reading the other day the best way to get perfect abs.. It said that you had to have a low calorie diet. I was just wondering how you start doing that?! How many calories do you need a day in your body to start burning the fat in your body?! A normal person should have about 2000 calories right?!

phatmike
06-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Well, you are on the right track in that seeing abs is all about your diet. That being said, you have a lot of reading to do. I would suggest reading the stickied topics at the top of this forum, and educating yourself.

Nobody can tell you that X amount of calories is going to cause you to burn fat, as everyone is unique and there are too many variables involved. There are of course guidelines to use as starting points, but you will still need to tweak from there, and the only way to tweak is to understand what the basics of nutrition are.

If you read the stickies and other nutrition articles available here, you will be well on your way.

While you begin your reading, I would suggest that you try to make overall common sense improvements in your daily eating (i.e. removing soda, junk food, etc), while still eating plenty of good nutritious food with plenty of protein and good fats.

Mr. D
06-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Basically:

Find your maintenance calories and eat 10-20% below that. Keep protein at 1g/lbm and fats at 0.5g/lbm. Fill the rest of your calories with any combo carb,protein,fats as you like.

Lift heavy with possibly some cardio and/or HIIT throw in.

ferjon
06-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Thanks guys I read the article now I have a pretty good idea in what to do!! Im just going to cup the junk food I been having and just have good health food!!