PDA

View Full Version : Carb Timing Q's

teenathlete3030
06-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Trying to slowly bulk with as little fat gain as possible. Right now I'm under the assumption that there are two specific times of day I should comsume my carbs: first in the morning, then after heavy activity like lifting or bball practice.

I guess those are the times where the body will actually use the carbs, and in all other times it just raises insulin which lowers metabolism which = more fat.

Is that correct or am I missing something?

smalls
06-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Your body "uses" carbs at all times, and spiking insulin increases the rate of fat storage at any time of the day. But that fat storage is primarily determined by total caloric intake, NOT by carb timing. Judging by your goals your a very active, light human being. Carb timing is the least of your concerns. Eat to gain weight at a rate you are comfortable with and make progress in the gym.

teenathlete3030
06-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I'm a high jumper but I also play bball and going to play football this year, so I need to pack on a bit of muscle. I can always drop the weight again for track and if anything I'll be even leaner when I do that.

Mr. D
06-12-2007, 11:00 PM
It doesnt matter when you eat carbs. What matters is overall calories and hitting your macros.