PDA

View Full Version : A few questions.... BUILT! :D Others too...

ArchAngel777
06-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Few questions

Time for me to play the complete noob...

1) Does anyone have some practical advise on transitioning from dieting to maintenance? To clarify, I am not asking how many calories I should move up, I am more asking how to eat 'normal' again... I can undereat with precision, I can overeat with precision, but I just cannot seem to eat in moderation. This is more of a character flaw than anything, but I am wondering if anyone else had this problem and what they did to fix it. Currently, the only way I have been able to deal with this is to cycle my eating, overeat one day, next day undereat. But I don't like having to do that, I want to be normal again! Errr, not like all the fatties though.

2) When I low carb for a few days my my umbilicus (spelling?) measures about 12-13cm, but when I overeat my body seems to store water in my stomach, love handles and my umbilucus goes from 12-13cm to 25cm!!! The only way to get the water out of my system is either to wait a really long time or to low carb for a few days. Not to mention, the water causes some pain being there. Hard to explain I suppose... So I feel REALLY fat, but I *know* it is just water. I did a little bit of looking into it. Is this what people refer to when they say 'bloating'? So, I can go from nearly a visable sick-pack (journal has the picture) to looking like a fatty overnight!!! This makes me sad :-(

Bah, I know hese are noob questions and I probably shouldn't even be posting such a thing. Just frustrating is all. I spent a lot of time losing weight and now I just want to maintain what I have for a few months and then decide where to go. But if I have to fight with this stupid bloatation problem, then I might as well return to low carb.

Thanks to all who throw in some advice.

Con
06-14-2007, 08:30 AM
1. Have you tried messing with a lower meal frequency? It can feel like you are overeating if you are eating only 2 or 3 meals a day.

2. Not sure, those changes seem drastic. Maybe you just dont do well on higher carb, or maybe its something you might have to live with.

Out of curiosity, how much activty do you do in a week?

ArchAngel777
06-14-2007, 08:41 AM
1. Have you tried messing with a lower meal frequency? It can feel like you are overeating if you are eating only 2 or 3 meals a day.

2. Not sure, those changes seem drastic. Maybe you just dont do well on higher carb, or maybe its something you might have to live with.

Out of curiosity, how much activty do you do in a week?

No, I have not really tried eating more frequent... I might give that a shot. Thanks.

Well, yes, judging by how fast I am able to put on weight (fat, specifically) that might be the case. I suppose my body might not handle carbs that well. I know I can handle taters and oatmeal without bloating, but I really want to expand a bit... Ya know?

ddegroff
06-14-2007, 05:11 PM
1) Does anyone have some practical advise on transitioning from dieting to maintenance? To clarify, I am not asking how many calories I should move up, I am more asking how to eat 'normal' again... I can undereat with precision, I can overeat with precision, but I just cannot seem to eat in moderation. This is more of a character flaw than anything, but I am wondering if anyone else had this problem and what they did to fix it. Currently, the only way I have been able to deal with this is to cycle my eating, overeat one day, next day undereat. But I don't like having to do that, I want to be normal again! Errr, not like all the fatties though.

I usually eat the same food bulking, cutting, or maintaining. But maintaining it seems my meals are less frequent and they are more "normal" (whatever that is, lol). I also eat a lot less shakes. Stick with real food etc. I also try not to focus my whole life around eating like I do when I'm bulking/cutting. If I miss a meal no big deal, if I go out with friends I enjoy myself. Usually works out for me.

2) When I low carb for a few days my my umbilicus (spelling?) measures about 12-13cm, but when I overeat my body seems to store water in my stomach, love handles and my umbilucus goes from 12-13cm to 25cm!!! The only way to get the water out of my system is either to wait a really long time or to low carb for a few days. Not to mention, the water causes some pain being there. Hard to explain I suppose... So I feel REALLY fat, but I *know* it is just water. I did a little bit of looking into it. Is this what people refer to when they say 'bloating'? So, I can go from nearly a visable sick-pack (journal has the picture) to looking like a fatty overnight!!! This makes me sad :-(

Your forgetting that pesky glycogen (lol). Only thing I can think of is not undereating/overeating carbs. Maybe you'd do better on moderatly low carbs.

Con
06-14-2007, 10:07 PM
No, I have not really tried eating more frequent... I might give that a shot. Thanks.

Think you could have understood what I said but simple wrote it wrong. When I say lower meal frequency, I mean eat LESS(2-3 vs 5-6 meals) and possibly delaying eating until later in the day, when you would be presumably relaxing/settling down.

I for one know when Im busy, food is the last thing on my mind, or atleast it is now that I forget about being anal and eating every 2.25 hours.

And I think you may have an idea of what the problem might be. Certain foods may just react funny with your body. If oatmeal is good, then cook that **** up and throw some splenda on it, and ofcource ENJOY!

Built
06-14-2007, 10:16 PM
What are your current macros, and are you still cutting?

Vapour Trails
06-15-2007, 03:45 PM
1) What are we supposed to say, restrain yourself.

2) That's life, and the reason BBers shed water right before a contest. Reduce salt and carbs or live with it

D Breyer
06-15-2007, 03:55 PM
1) Reduce salt
What would reducing salt do? I think have heard built talk about always salting her foods.

I have never really understood the role of salt in one's diet, can someone please explain this to me?

Built
06-15-2007, 04:02 PM
I love salt. Your body DOES need the stuff, yanno. The only time to fiddle with salt would be a) under doctor's orders or b) just before a contest - and I mean JUST before. Like, the day before.

Anything that pushes more water into your muscles and has no calories and tastes good on a cut is a good thing.

D Breyer
06-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks for filling me in, Built.

Keith
06-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Yes thank you for that, I always tried avoiding it in every meal.

Guido
06-18-2007, 08:22 AM
I love salt. Your body DOES need the stuff, yanno. The only time to fiddle with salt would be a) under doctor's orders or b) just before a contest - and I mean JUST before. Like, the day before.

Anything that pushes more water into your muscles and has no calories and tastes good on a cut is a good thing."The word of the Lord."
("Amen.")

:D

Rock Steady
06-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Your belly button is 5"-10" across? Whaaaa? I think I'm misunderstanding you, Arch.