PDA

View Full Version : Fat in Dressings

Stumprrp
06-14-2007, 11:57 AM
I was on fitday today goofing around and wanted to check out the fat in Mayonaise and Ranch dressings, well, it seems that almost all of it is actually poly and mono's, only 1-2 grams of saturated, per 2 tbps of course.

So what i was thinking is why do so many people not use these when bulking? 2 tbps on sandwiches you seem to be getting some healthy fats and 100-150 extra calories.

am i missing something?

Cirino83
06-14-2007, 12:02 PM
McDonald's uses mayo and ranch dressing I believe ;)

When I am bulking I like to put peppercorn or ranch dressing on a grilled chicken sandwich along with cheese and anything else laying around.. mmmmm food

KingWilder
06-14-2007, 03:03 PM
I use ranch all the time when I need fats (for my protein and fats meal)...usually I can make it fit and as you said it is mostly poly and mono fats.

I think the problem with dressings and mayo tends to be that people use WAY too much, esp. with dressings on salads

Stumprrp
06-14-2007, 04:26 PM
exactly, people use so much, but its actually not that bad for you. hmm myth busted! haha.

ddegroff
06-14-2007, 04:59 PM
I noticed this the other day too. Haven't had mayo in years because of this myth. Don't really miss it any more tho. :scratch:

greekboy80
06-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Also guys, remember that mayo's main source of oil is Soybeal oil. Probably the worst of all oils. You'd be much better off using EVOO, Canola, etc.

Stumprrp
06-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Also guys, remember that mayo's main source of oil is Soybeal oil. Probably the worst of all oils. You'd be much better off using EVOO, Canola, etc.

indeed, but for bulkin up, really wouldnt make a difference IMO, i still wouldnt abuse and use 10 tbps a day but for taste and calories i would almost always put it on sandwiches, i still do but fat free because i eat enough crap.

Clifford Gillmore
06-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Dude, I drink out of an olive oil barell. Go figure.

greekboy80
06-15-2007, 02:31 PM
indeed, but for bulkin up, really wouldnt make a difference IMO, i still wouldnt abuse and use 10 tbps a day but for taste and calories i would almost always put it on sandwiches, i still do but fat free because i eat enough crap.

Yeah, no doubt.