PDA

View Full Version : Post Workout Shake during Cutting

ZeroBurn
06-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Hey guys,

So i've been bulking for a bit now (went up about 25 lbs to 152 lbs. in the last two months or so), and while i'm not exactly huge I've got a good amount of weight built up in the stomach area covering my abs that i'd REALLY like to get rid of. So I'm going on the first cut of my life, and have a question about the PWO shake- more specifically the timing.

It's a dextrose/maltodextrin/nitrean mix, which as I understand you need to take IMMEDIATELY after a workout to get the nice insulin boost/replenish recently expended carbs. However I also understand immediately after a workout is supposed to be the best time to hit the cardio- with all your carb stores depleted your body has to burn fat now for the energy, and any calories you burn at this point on the treadmill is fat.

With that in mind- should I take the PWO after the weight training and before the cardio, or after the cardio? I'm afraid if I take it before- the cardio will use all the carbs I just ingested instead of burning fat cals and not be as effective. But I'm also afraid if I take the PWO after an hour of cardio it'll be too late after the workout.

Thanks for any input !

LouPac
06-14-2007, 07:00 PM
That's why I like to separate the two. However, i think if you keep your cardio sessions to 20 minutes and take your shake immediately following that, you should be ok. As long as you can get the shake in your body within an hour of your workout you'll still receive the benefits of it.