PDA

View Full Version : Bar Bendin'.

Clifford Gillmore
06-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I walked in the shop today to find a new toy. A brand spankin' new peice of heaven, poweder coated red in all of its shiny glory. A pipe bender.

Cambered Bar, Arch Bar, SSB.

Thats all I can think of for making at the moment, anyone else have any bright ideas?

TommyBoy
06-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Buffalo Bar

Clifford Gillmore
06-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Fiddle sticks, I just realized I need a longer bar.. I'll pull my oly bar apart tonight to see how it ticks.

Buffalo bar sounds like the place I should start at. Thanks tommy.

Talking_God
06-16-2007, 12:24 AM
You could bend me an exhaust.

Sounds like that would be a good idea, but I don't know where you'd find oly bars that're a little longer than most in order to get the bends. Perhaps just get some rods w/ the same properties as an oly bar and bend it yourself.

Clifford Gillmore
06-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Yeah, I need to get a few 9 foot rods. I have a lathe so I can do all of the knurnling, I just need to take the sleeves off my bar to have alook at workings. I'm guessing its a just a tapped out hole in the end of the bar. Simple is as simple does.

Bending the extractors for my jeep is going to be fun :(

Stumprrp
06-16-2007, 07:07 AM
cambered bars kick arse! id do that first lol

Talking_God
06-16-2007, 12:26 PM
I'd kill for a pipe bender..

Out of curiosity, how much was it?

Clifford Gillmore
06-16-2007, 09:30 PM
I've no idea, I'd guess it would be less than 150$. Its a floor mounted hydrauldic one, but still manual operated. The shop can't really afford a 3-phase one at the moment lol.

Rob; Yeah, I cannot wait to have one. My shoulders will be saved lol. Buffalo bar will be the first cause I can just take an oly bar off the shelf and bend it - but If I try to do a cambered bar the bends will shorten the bar too much and I won't be able to rack it in the power rack. I suppose I could build some Vulcans or something....