PDA

View Full Version : Gatorade better than juice?

Altephor
06-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Been drinking tons of water lately due to being on creatine but I need flavor sometimes. Usually I have some OJ or cranberry juice, but would gatorade be 'better' for me than juice?

getfit
06-15-2007, 03:55 PM
still contains a good amount of sugar.Try the powdered one i use sometimes when i train

phatmike
06-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Agreed with getfit, either way, you are going to be getting additional cals from either. The powdered gatorade does work well post workout though.

If you are interested in just flavoring your water without the cals, try something like crystal light.

Altephor
06-16-2007, 11:20 AM
I could care less about cals, I'm talking strictly in terms of hydration and nutrional value.

Clifford Gillmore
06-16-2007, 09:50 PM
You do know that calories are partly nutritional value :D Just playing.

Gatorade/powerade is AOK during work out time, try to have protein mixed with it for afterwards. For the rest of the day just plain water is the best, if you have a real hard time getting alot of it down try adding a slice of lemon to your bottle or if you can find a sugar free cordial go with that.

Sontizzle
06-17-2007, 05:34 PM
go to walmart or any food store and buy those flavor packs (crystal light, etc...) and mix it with water. its practically no cals (5 per serving), no sugar, or anything if ur just looking for flavor.

Shouji
06-17-2007, 07:39 PM
How about Glaceau's Vitamin Water?

dscarth
06-17-2007, 08:15 PM
If you prefer Splenda/Ace-K over Nutrasweet, 4C makes on-the-go packs of stuff just like crystal light.

4C Packets (http://www.4c.com/Kitchen/topshelf.html) vs.
Crystal Light Packs (http://www.kraftfoods.com/crystallight/CL_Products.htm)

Personally, I prefer the 4C over Crystal Light... tastes better to me.

greekboy80
06-18-2007, 08:07 AM
I could care less about cals, I'm talking strictly in terms of hydration and nutrional value.

Well, nutritional value...No. The juice, if its 100% juice, has much more nutritional value with the vitamins and antioxidants within.

Hydration wise, You'd probably be better off drinking water.

Word...

jamrock
06-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Keep drinking juice, keep the calories in mind. Try to buy natural/sugarfree juices. Norland makes a great combination of Cranberry (cranberry/blueberry is ace with vanilla nitrean) juices with no sugar added all natural. Its with the rest of the liquid sugar..