PDA

View Full Version : So my cousin wants to bulk.

faithless
06-16-2007, 05:02 PM
My cousin wants me to help him go on a bulk this summer.

He's 5'6", 125 lbs. He's very lean as you can tell. I'm planning to get him started on weights, but besides that, what else should I do? I'm getting him some weight gainers and I will instruct him to eat and eat and eat. I'm afraid because his high metabolism will just absorb all that supplements and food and not gain a pound. How can I be sure that he'll gain some good mass over the next few months?

Help?

dscarth
06-16-2007, 05:05 PM
I think peanut butter and olive oil are standard for people with 'high metabolism' to beat it into submission.

faithless
06-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Is there such a thing as too much?

dscarth
06-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Add a PB&J on whole wheat, or peanut butter on celery, peanut butter with apple slices, whatever he wants to do to add it. Or double that.

Olive oil... yeah, I'm not sure how to add an appreciable amount ... mixed in with a shake? Cooked with something? You'll need some more help with that one.

Mr. D
06-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Is there such a thing as too much?

Too much?Too many calories?Sure.

If he puts on more fat then muscle, then his cals have been bumped too high.

also instead of buying weight gainers buy this: large tub of oats, tub of dextrose, tub of nitrean, peanut butter, fresh/frozen fruit, whole milk.

Also since you are a newbie as well, get him to sign up for an account on here and he can get immediate feedback.

CarlP
06-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Use fitday.com to help you track calories. If you aren't gaining weight, add some more calories.