PDA

View Full Version : WSM super series was AWESOME

levronefan
06-17-2007, 02:06 PM
I went to the super series yesterday in venice and it kicked ass. It is amazing to see these guys in action and their intensity is INSANE! Kevin Nee is on another level of intensity, as well as dave ostlund. I got to talk to nee marunde ostlund and odd haugen, all very cool guys.. here are some pics

btw dave ostlund took 1st, 2nd for mariusz, and jesse 3rd

(cant upload these pics, so if you have a myspace let me know, or if there is another way to do this, tell me

vdizenzo
06-17-2007, 03:57 PM
I think Nee is very talented. However, I find him to be a bit too dramatic. He basically passes out after every event. Come on, give me a break. Glad you enjoyed it. I hope he can put together a good mental game. He has fantastic potential.

I love strongman. I'm doing a NAS strongman this summer.

levronefan
06-17-2007, 04:27 PM
he passed out and threw up a little at this event, they had to get the paramedics to help him out. He was doing a 410 lb stone carry and he blacked out, dropped the sucker, and fell, i think he does push himself VERY HARd so i dont think he is too dramatic, but who knows.

at any rate, HOLY **** for dave ostlund, this guy is no joke, CRAZY intensity, and corey st. clair(spelling) is no slouch either..

nee is a crazy puller and he pressed the circus dumbell like it was a toy, no joke, it looked SO easy.

jed
06-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Wow you saw Mariusz in real life? Thats insane... that would be my dream come true. Add me myspace.com/jed2009 I'd love to see the pics!!

Lones Green
06-17-2007, 06:42 PM
yeah, that is an awesome experience man. i'd like to see those pics, my URL is:

www.myspace.com/lones

RedSpikeyThing
06-17-2007, 07:13 PM
sounds cool! mind uploading the pics to imageshack?

levronefan
06-17-2007, 11:48 PM
i heard from a few of the amatuers that mariusz is a poor sport, and he lost to ostlund, then kinda threw his hands up when they asked him to come to the podium for 2nd, he didnt really want to go up. But dont take my word for it, i dont know the guy, he just SEEMS like a poor sport, he could be a cool guy, im not positive.

Guido
06-18-2007, 08:12 AM
You should def. post links to the pics up in here.

levronefan
06-18-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.marunde-muscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8072&page=4&pp=10

im brady on that page, and some other members posted some pics too. im next to jesse in one of the last pics. he is soo BIG!!

Guido
06-18-2007, 03:19 PM

im brady on that page, and some other members posted some pics too. im next to jesse in one of the last pics. he is soo BIG!!Awesome. And you actually still look pretty big, even next to Jesse. :thumbup:

RhodeHouse
06-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Mariusz is a true competitor to me. He CARES about winning and losing. I can understand if he didn't want to go out to the podium for 2nd place. He's the most dominant strongman since Bill Kazmier - it seems that he expects perfection from himself. That's the sign of a true champion. I don't necessarily agree with not coming out to the podium, but I understand why.

I'm with Vincent on the Kevin Nee subject. Unlike Mariusz, Nee seems to have too much fun passing out and getting on the microphone instead if WINNING! He does work hard, no doubt. He is very talented, no doubt. But his desire to WIN, just doesn't seem to be there. It seems he's in it for the publicity, not the winning. Having seen him compete - that's my opinion.

RedSpikeyThing
06-18-2007, 09:30 PM

im brady on that page, and some other members posted some pics too. im next to jesse in one of the last pics. he is soo BIG!!

wow, you're a big dude!

PS who is that monster with his shirt off in the background of the second picture of your post?

levronefan
06-18-2007, 10:07 PM
thanks man appreciate it, im getting there! just need to keep eating!!!

thats mariusz pudzianowski btw.

Chubrock
06-19-2007, 05:32 AM
I'm with Vincent on the Kevin Nee subject. Unlike Mariusz, Nee seems to have too much fun passing out and getting on the microphone instead if WINNING! He does work hard, no doubt. He is very talented, no doubt. But his desire to WIN, just doesn't seem to be there. It seems he's in it for the publicity, not the winning. Having seen him compete - that's my opinion.

I think it's important to truly have fun with what you're doing, even when competing at the highest level. I think Kevin Nee knows he is still young, with plenty of years ahead of him. I think he's just trying to enjoy everything now while still gaining boatloads of experience.