PDA

View Full Version : Accutane, Protein, and the Liver

HighSchoolGuy
06-17-2007, 03:10 PM
I've been on accutane for 2 months, and the derm told me to stop lifting in fear that I'll "break" out. I've been lifting for the entire time and nothing has happened. Although, I have stopped taking protein shakes. My question is, does excess protein put MORE stress on the liver? Seeing as my accutane medication is already stressing my liver I don't want it to raise my numbers on my blood tests and then causing me to go off of it. Thanks.

Shouji
06-17-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't know about the liver question, but I can tell you that your derm is WRONG about lifting causing acne. I know from experience, I used to have really mild acne, not ever severe, but enough to go on accutane two different times. I am 'cured' now, but I attribute alot of my clearness to fish oil and weight-lifting. Exercising to perspiration is the best natural cure for acne, as well as loads of water daily to drain your body of toxins.

Good luck, acne is the hardest thing i've ever dealed with in my life, and has cost me many things I cherished.

AB2004
06-18-2007, 07:05 AM
accutane isnt even harsh on your liver from my experience, i was on 80mg a day for 6 months and i still drank heavily and went to the gym,having my protien shakes and all my liver function tests came back clear as a bell. if your that worried buy some milk thistle tablets