PDA

View Full Version : Sodium - What will/does it do to my diet?

Nirdop
06-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey, just curious after eating this cottage cheese for awhile, I noticed how much sodium it contains - about 500mg per 1/2 cup. Then I realized my beef jerkey I eat and its amount. What will sodium do to my cut? I'm drinking about a gallon of water a day, if that has any affect.

MMEI
06-17-2007, 09:28 PM
If anything, it will make you slightly more bloated and cause you to retain some water weight.

Overall though, I don't think it will affect your fat loss.

Sentry459
06-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah it won't affect your weight loss, but as said it will cause you to retain water since you appear to drink a fair amount a day, the water retention should be minimal. FYI I think the recommended sodium intake per day is 2500-3000mg.

ddegroff
06-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Sodium is vital for life. Enjoy it.

Sentry459
06-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Sodium is vital for life. Enjoy it.
That too :)

Darcy Tucker
06-19-2007, 12:09 AM
A lot of sodium makes you retain water. For example if you were a bodybuilder getting ready for a show, you would probably want to take in an unusual amount of sodium for awhile and then a few days before the show severely cut the sodium amount to make everything extra tight.

jamrock
06-19-2007, 02:02 PM
A lot of sodium makes you retain water. For example if you were a bodybuilder getting ready for a show, you would probably want to take in an unusual amount of sodium for awhile and then a few days before the show severely cut the sodium amount to make everything extra tight.

I'm going to have her try that, extra tight is good. So stuff her with salt for a couple of days, rinse her out and i'm good to go?