PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifters in Australia (or more specifically NSW)

tomv
06-18-2007, 11:30 PM
G'day guys and gals,

I know there's a few Aussies scampering around on this board (Risk10k and Mikesbytes) but do we have any more? Specifically in NSW?

I'm curious as I'm trying to start perhaps competing or training for powerlifting in New South Wales and was wondering if anyone new of any good gyms around sydney?

1mmort4l
06-19-2007, 07:27 AM
Im one mate, but im from Perth so i cant help you there.
Lucky Risk and i ran into eachother on this board, we now have a weekly training session on Saturdays, its a pretty good deal.
Good luck man..

tomv
06-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Godamnit =(.

*note to self: Move to perth*

1mmort4l
06-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Godamnit =(.

*note to self: Move to perth*

Haha, nah thats a bad note lol. Seen the house prices here atm?
Not to mention Risk and i just bought 2k worth of equipment, and had to get it shipped over from there, and was still cheaper than here!!
Mikesbytes is from Sydney though, although i think he is a trainer in an "anti powerlifting gym" :D

Clifford Gillmore
06-20-2007, 04:48 AM
Ay, check out www.powerliftingwatch.com and www.powerliftingaustralia.com to email around, I'm sure there must be a few people your way. Flights are cheap to Melbourne anyway :)

Yeah, 1mmort4l and I both have pretty cool home setups. I'm going to be adding a collegiate Glute ham raise and reverse hyper quite soon, just waiting on my tax return! Prices of houses are just start to fall a few percent around here at the moment, but the average house price is well over $400k - so I may actually build with some help from my old man, I'm going to have the sweetest home gym ever!

I hope you get in contact with some guys!

tomv
06-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Haha thanks you guys... but my heart has changed oh so rapidly. I was fluttering between PL and OLY...

I went to an OLY gym today and will be signing up there =D. So freakin excited. 2k fee front up though =(. That's for a years gym work, shoes and coaching though.

deeder
06-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Haha thanks you guys... but my heart has changed oh so rapidly. I was fluttering between PL and OLY...

I went to an OLY gym today and will be signing up there =D. So freakin excited. 2k fee front up though =(. That's for a years gym work, shoes and coaching though.

Lmao! That was quick!

tomv
06-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Lmao! That was quick!

Hehe yeah, I just like the sport of OLY lifting more I think and I mean.. I get to train under the Head Coach for the Australian Olympic Team... Chance of a lifetime. =).

There's a kid there who is legally blind, weighs 77kg and can C&J something like 160kg. Now THAT is inspirational.

Sentry459
06-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Tom, hope to see you represent Australia one day mate. Where is this place you'll be training at mate?

tomv
06-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Cheers man, it's gunna be at homebush =). State Sports Centre.

www.nswweightlfting.com.au

Haha your sister told me your name was "Century459", egghead.

Sentry459
06-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Haha your sister told me your name was "Century459", egghead.
Haha that's why u shouldn't listen to anything she says. How have you been any way dude? I'd send you a pm but it won't let me yet. Need more posts! haha

tomv
06-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Hehe, gotta get a journal or a pic thread goin mang, boost up your post count!

Yeah been good, training has been good been hitting new PR's like every second week but I guess that's all about to change haha. Starting a Cert III in Fitness at TAFE this semester so I can work in a gym while I'm at uni (I want to go back next year). What about yourself? How's training and life in general? I hear you're shredded now =P. How's danny goin with his training?

Sentry459
06-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah thats a good idea, or I might just go destroy other peoples threads with random ramblings haha.

Good idea on the TAFE thing dude. Working as a PT would be a great job, especially being round something u enjoy so much. Best of luck with it.

Training is going good dude. Was sick for a couple of weeks back which threw me out of the gym so I never really got that shredded haha. Clean bulking now so we'll see how that goes. Danny is going good. Trained with him last week and he's moving some heavy weights. That's the thing with you big guys though, no matter your're always gonna put me to shame! haha

How's life without UNI? Less stress? When do u start your OLY training?