PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol effects

beachmuscles
06-19-2007, 12:34 AM
Is it based on how much you drink, or how intoxicated you get?

I'm a very very light weight when it comes to drinking...A few weeks ago I had 1 beer with a huge meal and I was buzzing "hard" for about 2-3 hours.

Is 1 beer friday/saturday night significant to my gains? Usually it helps to have a little buzz, when I'm out at the clubs. If I'm sober I just think "look at all these idiots" but when I drink atleast I don't get too frustrated, and the girls seem to come alot easier.

So is 1 light beer Friday/Saturday night anything significant?

Mr. D
06-19-2007, 01:04 AM
look man, you are 7% bodyfat. obviously whatever lifestyle you have been living hasnt been detrimental to that.

once the 1 beer a week and 2 cheat meals a week makes you borderline obese at 10% bf, then maybe you should look at cutting that ish out.

But man you have the lean physique you want, enjoy life and once things start becoming detrimental, then look to cut out,eliminate, and/or decrease.

P.S. I hope I wasnt too condescending in the post. Just have fun!

beachmuscles
06-19-2007, 01:25 AM
look man, you are 7% bodyfat. obviously whatever lifestyle you have been living hasnt been detrimental to that.

once the 1 beer a week and 2 cheat meals a week makes you borderline obese at 10% bf, then maybe you should look at cutting that ish out.

But man you have the lean physique you want, enjoy life and once things start becoming detrimental, then look to cut out,eliminate, and/or decrease.

P.S. I hope I wasnt too condescending in the post. Just have fun!

See that's the thing...I want to start living it up more...But I don't want to one day wake up and be like :swear: and look like all my other out of shape college buddies. Well I really don't know how things effect me cause usually I'm super strict other then 1 meal out a week, which is usually not even THAT bad.

Cirino83
06-19-2007, 07:33 AM
1 beer a week is nothing. Hell one beer a night would probably even be fine. It's when you get into the habit of getting trashed more than a few times a week, then your diet goes to hell and hangovers cause bad or no workouts etc. Not to mention the damage you do to your liver.

On a side note, you would be a cheap date for a girl to take you out drinking ;)

Keith
06-19-2007, 08:40 AM
1 beer a week is nothing. Hell one beer a night would probably even be fine. It's when you get into the habit of getting trashed more than a few times a week, then your diet goes to hell and hangovers cause bad or no workouts etc. Not to mention the damage you do to your liver.

On a side note, you would be a cheap date for a girl to take you out drinking ;)

:withstupi

Nothing really more to be said. If hangovers get in the way of your training, then yeah, maybe cut back a bit. But one beer, pffft, don't worry about it man.