PDA

View Full Version : Low carb Diet.....

p_man30
06-19-2007, 07:11 AM
I am going on a low carb diet for awhile but I'm not sure how low to go...I weigh 260 and looking to drop 20-25lbs...I also have considerable amount of muscle that I don't want to lose but maintain it...any advise would be greatly appreciated

Chubrock
06-19-2007, 07:22 AM
There's a lot of different options you can have with regards to a lower carb level. There's several different styles to carb cycling. I personally follow a modified UD2.0. Check out bodyrecomposition.com

Cirino83
06-19-2007, 07:30 AM
Is this your first attempt at a cut? If you have some experience and tolerance for dieting, I would definitely check out UD2.0. If not, try carb cycling.

p_man30
06-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Yes...this is my first time trying this....thanks for the info...i'll check it out

Built
06-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Carb cycle? Link's in my sig.

Mr. D
06-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Ud2.0 is for the experienced dieter and trainer. I wouldnt recommend it for him. He is probably not sub 15% bf.

As Lyle would say "any non-reeeetarded" diet will work for him.

As for bodyrecomp.com, its been down for the last 2 days.

He doesnt necessary need to do low carb, extreme approaches are reserved for that stubborn fat in my opinion.

He would prob be better served going with deficit and carb cycling as in Builts link.

I could be wrong if he is indeed sub 15% bf and veteran of training/diet.

p_man30
06-19-2007, 10:17 AM
I've been lifting for about 20 years and bulking for about.....20 years....I just wanted to mix the diet up and try a low carb diet just to trim a little off the waist line. I'm just a guy who likes to lift and get big...thats all...but I would like to show off more of my years of lifting...if you know what I mean

Chubrock
06-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Ud2.0 is for the experienced dieter and trainer. I wouldnt recommend it for him. He is probably not sub 15% bf.

As Lyle would say "any non-reeeetarded" diet will work for him.

As for bodyrecomp.com, its been down for the last 2 days.

He doesnt necessary need to do low carb, extreme approaches are reserved for that stubborn fat in my opinion.

He would prob be better served going with deficit and carb cycling as in Builts link.

I could be wrong if he is indeed sub 15% bf and veteran of training/diet.

I'd agree that any non ******ed diet will work for most people above 15%. With that said, I started using a modified UD2.0 when I was higher than that and still saw great results. I actually wasn't even recommending he do that as much as I was just stating what I follow. Wasn't aware that bodyrecomp was down.

Cirino83
06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Wasn't aware that bodyrecomp was down.

It's back up...

for now anyways.

Built
06-21-2007, 12:40 AM
p_man, read the diet link in my sig. You might like it - lowcarb on your rest days, higher on your training days. Best of both worlds, and very easy to manage.