PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible? 6 pounds in 3 days?

arya202
06-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Alright I'm a newbie so I'm making newbie gains but I didn't know this was possible, is my scale lying to me?

I'm 16 y/o, 196 pounds, 6' 0'', and I'm not the leanest guy but I'm not fat, I'm just a little plump in the stomach area but you wouldnt tell if I have a shirt on.

But anyway on saturday I weight 190 pounds and today I weight 196. I weighed myself in the morning both times too. What the heck is going on? I know I hit the squats and bench press hard and I've been eating alot but isn't 6 pounds kind of alot? And I'm pretty sure it's mostly lbm too because I cant tell that I've actually lost fat over the past 3 days.

Cirino83
06-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Your body can fluctuate from day to day for many reasons. Water, build up in stool, more food....It is best to not weigh yourself everyday for this reason. Once a week should be sufficient; first thing in the morning and naked.

jamrock
06-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Probably a combination of your recent gains, water retention, backed up colon.. Keep track of your calories, and weigh yourself weekly on the same scale. Useit as guidance, different scales different numbers.

arya202
06-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Probably a combination of your recent gains, water retention, backed up colon.. Keep track of your calories, and weigh yourself weekly on the same scale. Useit as guidance, different scales different numbers.

I've used the same scale and eaten 3500 calories everyday with atleast 100 grams of fat and 200 grams of protien.

Unreal
06-19-2007, 02:49 PM
I've shifted 8-9lbs in over night. It is just water, stool, etc. Read the newest issues of get built on track weight loss but apply the same thing to your weight gain. Track a trendline and measurements.

RedSpikeyThing
06-19-2007, 07:59 PM
I've used the same scale and eaten 3500 calories everyday with atleast 100 grams of fat and 200 grams of protien.

the food you eat may have the same caloric content, but it could weigh more. Combine that with not going to the bathroom for a while and water retention and you get a 6 lb weight gain.