PDA

View Full Version : My FitDay Account

AdamD
06-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Only been doing it for 2.5 days..

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=AdamDam

Can anyone give me some very premature estimates at how many calories i should be aiming to get into me per day?

or any comments at all about my current diet?

AdamD
06-19-2007, 03:05 PM
also, regarding the "calories burned"

thats just based on my lifestyle, not including activities..
is that accurate? and what does "basal" mean?

my current lifestyle is, i spend most of the day watching tv, sitting down on my computer(work).. not much physical stuff apart from:
weight training at the gym every 2 days
walking to fridge and back, or from front door to car :P

Mr. D
06-19-2007, 03:33 PM
dont use fitday.com for calories burned. its nonsense. Use it as a food tracker.

So you eat this amount daily and are not gaining, right?

Well increase it by 10-20%. I would do that by adding more protein. And you should add veggies and fish oil to your lineup.

AdamD
06-19-2007, 04:00 PM
alright kool..

to be honest, ive only been eating this much food for about a week.. and using fit day for 2 of those days..

but fit day does make it alot easier to see how much i am eating, and "aim" for something..

so im going to keep on it for about a week.. and weigh myself, to see if i have made any weight gains.. if not, then ill try to increase more..

1 week would be a sufficient time to gain a couple pounds?? including hitting the gym..

BigBossMan
06-19-2007, 04:02 PM
The meal that has like 85 protein in it.....I would spread out becuase I believe that you body can only handle like less then 30g of protein at a time successfully. I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong. That cordial stuff I am not sure what it is but it has 323 cals no fat or protien so I am assuming that it is all sugar probably similar to coke-High fructose corn syrup...I would dump that and get some good carbs instead like more whole grain bread or something......I am sure you are realizing now that you haven't been eating all that much 2700 is only 200 above my maintainance and I am 25 years old...at your age and with your good metabolism you will most likely have to eat alot more. Cottage Cheese is an awesome way to add more protein 1cup and you would be up to 180g protein..

AdamD
06-21-2007, 04:49 AM
someone wanna check on my fitday and make any comments? haha

there are 4 days now where you can make a sort of average..
maybe give a rough estimate on what you think my maintanence level is, and what i should aim to eat to gain..

i got sick yesterday 20/06.. so i didnt get to eat as much as i was hoping..
note also, im really forcing this food down, im constantly full, and sometimes im actually sick where i feel like i wanna throw up(but havnt yet, thank god lol)

rhett2go
06-21-2007, 05:43 AM
its difficult to comment on your fitday with out your stats. are you 105lb or 305lbs. height and so forth

Unholy
06-21-2007, 06:20 AM
The meal that has like 85 protein in it.....I would spread out becuase I believe that you body can only handle like less then 30g of protein at a time successfully. I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong. That cordial stuff I am not sure what it is but it has 323 cals no fat or protien so I am assuming that it is all sugar probably similar to coke-High fructose corn syrup...I would dump that and get some good carbs instead like more whole grain bread or something......I am sure you are realizing now that you haven't been eating all that much 2700 is only 200 above my maintainance and I am 25 years old...at your age and with your good metabolism you will most likely have to eat alot more. Cottage Cheese is an awesome way to add more protein 1cup and you would be up to 180g protein..

You can definitely consume as much protein as you want at any given meal and your body can totally "Handle" it.

AdamD
06-21-2007, 06:42 AM
sorry, i posted that in another thread, guess i forgot to put it here!

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 132-135(Also listed on the fitday account)
Training: every second day

more info and pics of me:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98415

Cirino83
06-21-2007, 07:32 AM
I would add more protein each day.

BigBossMan
06-21-2007, 01:21 PM
You can definitely consume as much protein as you want at any given meal and your body can totally "Handle" it.

Thanks Unholy I wasn't sure on that one......I read somewhere that the only time the body would process/digest "usefully" more than 30g at one feeding was post workout anything over that supposedly just went to waste...

rhett2go
06-21-2007, 04:07 PM

it can handle it but it cant process and use all of it. unless of course you are on cycle. here we go again unholy :rolleyes: LOL

Howard 9
06-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Get rid of the coca puffs and white bread they are both pure garbage. Your carbs and protein should be about equal try for 40/40/20 or 40/30/30. Your not getting enough protein on some days too.

Mr. D
06-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Dont worry aout percentages. Just eat. You are young and lean. Just make sure you get lots of protein (around 200g) and healthy fats(fish oil,nuts, avocados)

If you want to eat cocoa puffs, eat them. You do need the cals.

Howard 9
06-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Dont worry aout percentages. Just eat. You are young and lean. Just make sure you get lots of protein (around 200g) and healthy fats(fish oil,nuts, avocados)

If you want to eat cocoa puffs, eat them. You do need the cals.
and there full of sugar, if you really wanna eat clean there is 1,000 different options before cocoa puffs. You could eat cherrios or special k protein plus or somethign if you really want to.

AdamD
06-23-2007, 11:31 AM
what about something like weet-bix???

Howard 9
06-23-2007, 01:31 PM
what about something like weet-bix???

never heard of it, whats its nutrional info?

Mr. D
06-23-2007, 01:35 PM
and there full of sugar, if you really wanna eat clean there is 1,000 different options before cocoa puffs. You could eat cherrios or special k protein plus or somethign if you really want to.

and?

as long as he gets his cals in, it doesnt really matter. The guy just needs to eat. He hasnt been eating enough up until now.

And now you want to make it harder on him by eating "clean"?

If eating cocoa puffs allows him to get that extra 500 cals he needs, then Im all for it.

If he gets enough protein and enough healthy fats, the rest of his cals can come from whereever he wants. Thats the benefit of being as thin as he is.

And you are forgetting something, cocoa puffs + incline bench = HUGE UPPER CHEST!

Howard 9
06-23-2007, 06:33 PM
and?

as long as he gets his cals in, it doesnt really matter. The guy just needs to eat. He hasnt been eating enough up until now.

And now you want to make it harder on him by eating "clean"?

If eating cocoa puffs allows him to get that extra 500 cals he needs, then Im all for it.

If he gets enough protein and enough healthy fats, the rest of his cals can come from whereever he wants. Thats the benefit of being as thin as he is.

And you are forgetting something, cocoa puffs + incline bench = HUGE UPPER CHEST!
Or you could actually have a beneficial breakfast you know? I mean nah he needs no protein after sleeping for 8 hours. I really don't care what anyone says about not being able to isolate the upper chest, plenty of people agree with me. Last night I was simply arguing out of sheer boredom to begin with. Real mature man...

Mr. D
06-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Or you could actually have a beneficial breakfast you know? I mean nah he needs no protein after sleeping for 8 hours.
He needs calories when he wakes up, that's most important. Would he better off if he added some eggs or a protein shake with breakfast?Maybe, but in the end if he gets protein totals for the day it likely wont matter.

I really don't care what anyone says about not being able to isolate the upper chest, plenty of people agree with me. Last night I was simply arguing out of sheer boredom to begin with. Real mature man...

You underestimate the power of Cocoa Puffs!

AdamD
06-23-2007, 09:58 PM
here is info on weet-bix.. dont you guys have them in america? they are real big here.. anyways, i can just as easily buy and eat these, i use to eat these everyday for like 10 years..

and i can esaily eat 1-2 servings.. which is 2-4 bricks of weetbix..

http://www.weetbix.com.au/weetbixfamily/weetbix-original.aspx

reckon i should start eating those? or even perhaps still eating cocoa puffs.. and eat these at some other point in the day as a snack or something?

Mr. D
06-23-2007, 10:02 PM
The weet-bix are "cleaner". Eat whatever allows you to eat more. Mix them if you roll like that.

Just make sure you get enough protein and good fats throughout the day.

AdamD
06-23-2007, 10:05 PM
yeh, im trying.. really am..

im eating weetbix right now(turns out i have some in the cupboard :P)
and i can easily eat 2servings.. perhaps even 3..
would i be better off eating these for breakfast? would it add more to my caloric intake compared to 1-2bowls of cocoa puffs?

Mr. D
06-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Compare the numbers for yourself.

Try to drink more milk to get that added protein.

AdamD
06-23-2007, 10:21 PM
yeh, im trying to add it to fitday as a custom food..
i entered all the details, and tried to work out the calories.. and i got like 186.3 per serving(2 bricks).. but it wont let me put that number in, fitday reckons its about 95 calories per serving..

can someone work out the calories using the link provided so i know if im wrong?

from what i can see on the info provided...
serving = 2 bricks
and
that "specs" in the left column, are not including milk.. so when adding to fitday, i should just add 1cup of milk(or whatever it is exactly, ill measure next time)

Mr. D
06-23-2007, 10:30 PM
From the link:

2 biscuits (33g):

118cals
0.5g fat
4.1g protein
22.1g carbs
3.6g fibre

I think in europe and other places, they list carb total and fibre total. So when entering into fitday, the total carbs is actually 25.7.

Go with whats listed on the box and enter it as a custom food.

AdamD
06-23-2007, 10:43 PM
ok, done.. and they are pretty similar.. lol and weetbix is like the most popular health breakfast in australia..

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=AdamDam

therese a comparison.. i havnt really eaten cocoa puffs today.. but when i do, 1.5cups fits in the bowl, and 1cup of milk..

today i ate 3 biscuits of weetbix..

is the conclusion.. just eat whatever? or eat weetbix more often, because htey have more good stuff in it, like all the vitamins n **** like that?

Mr. D
06-23-2007, 10:47 PM
If u like eating weetabix, then yes its better for you.

Cals are most important, and if you can do it by eating cleaner cals, then even better. But dont sacrifice cals in the name of eating clean.

You really do need to work on getting that protein up. Aim to get 170-180g a day!

Eat eggs,tuna,chicken,fish, cottage cheese.

AdamD
06-23-2007, 11:02 PM
i dont really like fish, and not a HUGE fan of eggs.. but i do like tuna and chicken, and steak and any type of meat..

im trying, im really forcing this food down,and trying to get stuff high in protein.. as i posted in another thread.. is there a few good shakes that i can make from household foods.. and would be high in protein for me?

Mr. D
06-24-2007, 12:45 AM
you are going to have to eat foods that are primary protein sources to get your protein levels up.

Well since you like all those things, EAT more of them.

Is cottage cheese a household food for you guys? If so you can stick that in the blender with some fruit,nuts,milk,etc.

AdamD
06-24-2007, 12:54 AM
its not unfortunately.. we only have hard cheeses iny my house..