PDA

View Full Version : Stubern tummy fat

WVtackle72
06-19-2007, 05:36 PM
hey...its the summer now...and maybe its from drinkin...but ive packed on alittle more size then my upper body in my stomach...and excersize advice to hit that area good...will sit ups help or just help my abs? im running also...any help is awsome:help:

schmitty199
06-19-2007, 05:40 PM
hey...its the summer now...and maybe its from drinkin...but ive packed on alittle more size then my upper body in my stomach...and excersize advice to hit that area good...will sit ups help or just help my abs? im running also...any help is awsome:help:

Running would be the key. But your probably going to have to choose between getting as strong as possible for football, or maybe getting a little stronger and losing the fat to look good for summer. My advice would be to keep eating big and get as strong as possible for football, then cut whatever you want after the season and look great next summer.(unless your playing college of course...)

There's alot of better ab workouts out there then situps man.

ZenMonkey
06-19-2007, 06:01 PM
You cannot spot reduce. Use the search option, that is what it is there for. Do some research, Built has some great articles on HIIT

Unholy
06-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Running would be the key. But your probably going to have to choose between getting as strong as possible for football, or maybe getting a little stronger and losing the fat to look good for summer. My advice would be to keep eating big and get as strong as possible for football, then cut whatever you want after the season and look great next summer.(unless your playing college of course...)

There's alot of better ab workouts out there then situps man.

Please don't give bad advice.

Running won't do jack, and neither will ab exercises. If you wanna lose the gut then eat less calories then you burn. :thumbup:

schmitty199
06-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Please don't give bad advice.

Running won't do jack, and neither will ab exercises. If you wanna lose the gut then eat less calories then you burn. :thumbup:

Bad advice?

I never said ab workouts would reduce the gut. I said theres better ab workouts to do then situps. Ab strengths crucial in football. Running burns calories, which would help you get under your maitinence.

Unholy
06-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Bad advice?

I never said ab workouts would reduce the gut. I said theres better ab workouts to do then situps. Ab strengths crucial in football. Running burns calories, which would help you get under your maitinence.

The deficit you create by running is completely minuscule compared to the one created by diet.

Want a strong core? Squat!

schmitty199
06-20-2007, 07:56 PM
The deficit you create by running is completely minuscule compared to the one created by diet.

Want a strong core? Squat!

Personally I think extra ab work supplementing squatting is pretty important for a strong core. Why not do both?

cardiosux
06-30-2007, 06:09 AM
another great way to get more core resistance in a workout is to do upper body on a BOSU ball. The instability forces you to tighten and strenghten those abs plus it increases the intensity of your workout raising your heart rate and resulting in more cal burned. Works well for me!