PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good Diet?

iver
06-21-2007, 12:48 AM
I am 6'3 180 poounds and i work out 5 days a week. I've been trying to gain weight and and turn it into muscle for this coming football season but i just cant seem to gain weight. Ive been looking around and ive finally found a few things that i think will help me. Rite now along with 3 square meals i eat alot of the following cottage cheese, bannanas, penut butter, almonds, hard boiled eggs, and salmon. Is 3 square meals aday along with alot of small meals of wat i just listed a good way for me to gain mass? also is there anything els i should add to that list?

Mr. D
06-21-2007, 12:55 AM
To gain mass, you are going to need to eat above maintenance. Continue eating what you are, just increase the quantities.

Make sure you get lots of protein, lots of healthy fats, and good carbs. Eat more carbs, theyll make you hungrier. Eat more calorically dense foods. (You already are with PB, almonds. Eat full fat cottage cheese, whole milk,etc.)

If increasing the quantities of what you are eating doesnt work,i.e. no mass gain, then guess what you get to do...Wait for it, Wait for it, Wait for it...

INCREASE THE QUANTITY AGAIN!

Also make sure you get plenty of rest (8-10 hours a sleep a day).

iver
06-21-2007, 01:01 AM
alrite thanx

rite now im eating low fat cottage cheese, is that the wrong kind?

Mr. D
06-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Its not the wrong kind, but you need calories to gain muscle.

Since you arent getting enough calories, either eat more of it or eat less of calorically dense foods.

1 cup of fat free CC ~ 140-160 cals
1 cup of lowfat CC ~ 240 - 280 cals
1 cup of reg CC ~ 360 cals

It just depends on whether you want "more" food to eat or less.

Granted the saturated fat intake can add up with the lowfat and full fatted dairy products.

Your mom might just get sick of you clearing out 2lbs of fat free/lowfat CC a day instead of 1lb of full fat.

Like i said before just eat more, whether thats physical quantity or with more calorically dense foods, just eat more.

iver
06-21-2007, 01:09 AM
alrite i think i get it thanx also i make whey protein and creatine shakes but i was wondering if fish oil would be a good idea for the omegas or watever? if so what is a good website to order fish oil capsuls from?

Mr. D
06-21-2007, 01:52 AM
6-10g of fish oil would be an excellent addition.

At large nutrition sells one. Click above and support this site.

other than that, you can google any supplement store.

www.mysupplementstore.com has good deals and free shipping.

phatmike
06-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Hey there,

Mr D gave some good advice, but if you are having probelms getting enough calories, don't be afraid to eat a little "dirtier". If the bulk of your food is the stuff you listed above, don't be afraid to eat a little ice cream, hamburgers, full fat cheeses, etc.

Add olive oil to your shakes for a great source of good fats and cals.

There is a time for eating real strict and clean, but if you are at 6'3" and 180 and struggling to put on weight, now is not the time IMO.

iver
06-21-2007, 09:04 AM
alrite guys thanx for the info. Im looking at fish oil rite now and im wondering if this is wat i want

http://mysupplementstore.net/pure-fishoil.html

Unholy
06-21-2007, 09:05 AM
yes but thats a pretty expensive one >.< I get my from Puritans Pride or some ****.

phatmike
06-21-2007, 01:40 PM
I get my fish oil at Costco.....400 caps for like 9 dollars or so...Not super high end or anything, but I feel that it gets the job done.

Unreal
06-21-2007, 01:51 PM
At large has all quality supplements. Order some fish oil, creatine, nitrean, ets, etc from them.