PDA

View Full Version : Shouji's Journal

Shouji
06-21-2007, 06:52 PM
I've been lifting seriously for about two months now, and i've definetly made some progress, but i'd like to start a recording of it to see how much i'm technically growing.

Couple stats...

Weight: 150 or so (bathroom scales suck)
Height: 5'8

As of now, my routine has been like this...

Mon: Chest
Tues: Back/Biceps
Wed: Rest
Thurs: Legs
Fri: Shoulders/Triceps
Sat: Rest
Sun: Rest

Yeah, not that great. Sat I always have something going on, but i'm going to start working out on Sat as well. I need a routine in which I can workout each body part twice a week, and still keep it in the realm of realism.

Mon: Chest/Shoulders
Tues: Back/Biceps
Thur: Legs/Back
Fri: Shoulders/Triceps
Sat: Chest/ Biceps

Argh! I don't know, just brought this out of nowhere. If anyone can help, that'd be great.

I did Legs today, but didn't record anything. Will start the recording as soon as I can come up with a decent routine.

dblockspky
06-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Good luck with everything bro.

My 2 cents.. since you only have one leg day you're probably going to want to hit them pretty hard when it comes, so you're going to want to have a fresh back as well. So on tuesday either make sure you do a light back workout or have tuesday as shoulders/biceps, friday chest/triceps and saturday back/biceps.

Shouji
06-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Mon:Chest/Back
Tues: Shoulders/Biceps
Thur: Legs
Fri: Chest/Triceps
Sat: Back/Biceps

So would this be it? I'd still be missing out on one shoulder and triceps. Where could I add those...

Reason for the one leg day, I do a bit of running/ruck-sacking weekly.

dblockspky
06-21-2007, 09:00 PM
well tris could go with the first chest workout as well since they are already being worked. You could also fit a small shoulder workout in on saturday because it doesn't take very long to work on biceps.

Shouji
06-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Goals: I want to gain 50+ pounds. My dream build would be exactly like Killa Kurts.

So the official routine as of now (still up for edit)

Mon: Chest/Back/Triceps
Tues: Shoulders/Biceps
Thur: Legs
Fri: Chest/Triceps
Sat: Back/Biceps/Shoulder

My diet is not yet made. Right now, i'm in the stage where I just eat everything in site. Its working, as I did gain 5 pounds since the last month, but I feel my fat % is a tad big higher now. But thats what the cutt is for later... For my diet though, I would like to go for 1000 calories per meal in the most realistic way as possible (a diet I can keep even throughout school, even though it is summer now). Even after, it'd be REALLY sweet to get 7000 daily.

Will have some pics up as soon as I get new batteries for my camera.

Thanks again dblock. :)

Hiko Seijuro
07-16-2007, 03:53 PM
hmmm

North
07-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Good luck with your goals, what lifts are you doing?

Shouji
07-23-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm such a jackass, I made this journal and never filled it in. I have been recording my progress in a small journal pad.

My weight keeps hoping around from 155-160. I think i'm going to eat a couple McD Double Cheeseburgers to give my weight that extra push it needs. I'm still bulking.

Today was a terrible day, as I took a 2 hour nap before working out. I only meant to take a 30 minute one, but I was so tired from the night before...

I usually like to start with Bench Presses, but all of them were taken, so I had to start with Deadlifts.

WU = Warm up.
PR = Personal Record

July 23, 07

Deadlift: *135x6 wu *205x6 *215x6
DB BP: *40x6 wu *75x5 *75x4 *70x6
Flys: *35x6 wu *70x3 *65x6
Pulldown: *105x6 wu *190x4 *180x6

I was so beat after that, I just did pullups and pushups after words... I didn't even get to do upright rows or incline BPs, let alone my whole triceps work that day... no more naps for me.

Shouji
08-30-2007, 12:12 PM
I lost alot of motivation last week, but was repumped by watching this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZRH1-z2oaP0

Eh, a little homo, but it reminded me of the body that I strive to get.

Again, the way to read my workout is: weightxnumber of reps
Here is yesterday's workout...

DB Shoulder Press
35x8
45x6
50x6
55x3 PR
50x5

DB Front Raise
20x7
35x6
40x6
35x6

DB Lateral Raise
25x6
35x6
30x6
30x6

BB Preacher Curls
40x6
50x6
55x2

DB Curl
30x8
40x6
35x5

Upright Row
65x8
95x4

Weighted Crunches
25x40
25x25
25x15

My calluses were ripped apart by the time I was doing upright rows, so I couldn't do any more. My diet that day.. ok I guess. Only had a half a gallon of milk left! An interesting pain that occured was on my forearm, at the point where the bend arms, it was VERY sore. And was only on my right arm. It was probably from martial arts earlier.

Cards
08-30-2007, 12:19 PM
good effort, keep it up