PDA

View Full Version : looking for a replacement

ku_med
06-21-2007, 09:06 PM
im looking for a wholesome valid replacement for my after-work meal. i alternate chicken breast with tuna, and either one is always paired with corn. sometimes its romaine leaves or spinach when i can afford it, but nine times out of ten its corn. frankly im sick of it and am looking for suggestions that would fulfill that "vegetable serving" of the day, at the same time be low in fat and carbs and high in minerals. basically chicken breast and __________? tuna and _____________? please fill in the blank

MrWebb78
06-21-2007, 09:16 PM
brocoli?

RedSpikeyThing
06-21-2007, 09:22 PM
chicken and anything from the vegegtable aisle.

PS why is "vegetable serving" singular?

ku_med
06-22-2007, 09:25 PM
brocoli? not my favorite food out there but im long overdue for a change. and the reason for just one serving a day is that i cant really afford to buy fresh vegetables all the time. it boils down to whether i want to get more fruits or vegetables and i choose fruit

stepto180
06-22-2007, 11:46 PM
buy canned green beans or peas neither the "best" veggie for you but cheap and do the trick

Mr. D
06-23-2007, 12:15 AM
i prefer frozen over canned.

Kroger generally has their 1lb bags of mixed veggies for 10 for 10. Look for a type you like and go with that.

Howard 9
06-23-2007, 01:08 AM
brocoli? not my favorite food out there but im long overdue for a change. and the reason for just one serving a day is that i cant really afford to buy fresh vegetables all the time. it boils down to whether i want to get more fruits or vegetables and i choose fruit

Try brocoli with mustard. I am serious.