PDA

View Full Version : Help with FitDay foods

AdamD
06-22-2007, 09:35 AM
ive been struggling to find things that are listed on fitday that i actually eat.

however i dont know exactly how to make a custom food, because how would i know exactly whats in it?

e.g.
tonight for dinner i ate, takeaway chinese food..
more specifically, i ate about 1.5-2cups of "Satay Chicken"

how would i make a custom food for that, or is there something similar on fitday? onlything close i found was "peanut sauce"..

BigBossMan
06-22-2007, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=AdamD;1714617]ive been struggling to find things that are listed on fitday that i actually eat.

however i dont know exactly how to make a custom food, because how would i know exactly whats in it?
QUOTE]

I couldn't help you there. I never eat out! Any custom foods I have I just look at the labels on the package and enter them in. I figure out my diet on fitday before I even eat it.

<BBM>

AdamD
06-23-2007, 12:00 AM
good to know.. lol.. point is, i do eat some takeout.. and i just did, so i want ot add it..

can anyone shed light on the solution?

for now i just put it down to diced chicken, and plain rice.. so i havnt added a sauce

Mr. D
06-23-2007, 12:11 AM
I saw a recent yahoo report that at typical chinese takeout meal has 1200+ cals in it.

since you need the cals, it might not be so bad. It wont be the "cleanest" though.

Mr. D
06-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Chinese restaurant food draws criticism (http://health.yahoo.com/news/173241)

The typical Chinese restaurant menu is a sea of nutritional no-nos, a consumer group has found. A plate of General Tso's chicken, for example, is loaded with about 40 percent more sodium and more than half the calories an average adult needs for an entire day.

The battered, fried chicken dish with vegetables has 1,300 calories, 3,200 milligrams of sodium and 11 grams of saturated fat.

That's before the rice (200 calories a cup). And after the egg rolls (200 calories and 400 milligrams of sodium).

A plate of stir-fried greens has 900 calories and 2,200 milligrams of sodium. And eggplant in garlic sauce has 1,000 calories and 2,000 milligrams of sodium.

"We were shocked. We assumed the vegetables were all low in calories," Liebman said.

Also surprising were some appetizers: An order of six steamed pork dumplings has 500 calories, and there's not much difference, about 10 calories per dumpling, if they're pan-fried.

AdamD
06-23-2007, 12:15 AM
yeh, i dont eat ALOT of take out.. once every 1-2 weeks or so.. only takeout i eat usually is either..
Chinese(satay chicken)
or
Burger+chips(from like a corner store, big burger, and deep fried chips)
or
Pizza(usually just plain cheese)

Mr. D
06-23-2007, 12:23 AM
On the days you do eat out, I suggest you drop the cordial and other junk food that day.

AdamD
06-23-2007, 12:26 AM
ok.. is there a short reason why so? obvioulsy its unhealthy..?
but will it be detrimental to my muscle growth? or will it put fat in the wrong places? or something?

as you can obviously see from my pics, i definately need the weight..

Mr. D
06-23-2007, 12:35 AM
You are skinny, but eating the cordial,the junk food,the take out all in one day would use too much of your caloric allowance. To then get in your protein requirements and healthy fats requirements, you are looking at going way over the calories you need.

Going way over the calories you need = recipe for fat gain.

Its a fine line between between eating in caloric surplus and eating in caloric SURPLUS.

thats just my .02.

But if you can eat everything in sight and not gain fat, then do it. I personally wish i could :(

AdamD
06-23-2007, 12:44 AM
any idea what i my caloric intake should be?
i know im supposed to have 1g of protein per 1pound of weight arent i? so i should be aiming to eat over 130g of protein per day?

Mr. D
06-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Well i think ive asked this before, but do you know what your maintenace cals are?

The amount youve been eating on fitday the past couple of days is that the amount you normally eat?If so you havent gained anything with that amount, correct?

If so then that is your maintenance cals. Increase that amount by 20%.

Shoot for 1-1.5g/lbm of protein, 0.5g/lbm of fat(including 6-10g fish oil daily) and fill the rest in with carbs(limit fructose to ~50g)

AdamD
06-23-2007, 12:54 AM
yeh, you have asked that before.. sorry..

well what ive been eating on fitday, is more than i have been eating on average over the last 6 months.. since being on fitday it has prompted me to eat more.. however, i dont think ive gained anything over the past 5-6 days..

and on that note.. i spent my whole life eating **** foot, eating whatever, whenever.. some days i went with only eating one solid meal a day.. e.g. a plate of pasta for dinner..

and i never gain or lose weight.. for the past 2 years ive been constantly 130-135pounds..

AdamD
06-23-2007, 12:56 AM
heres a link to my fitday..
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=AdamDam

first few days i weighed myself at night time.. bad choice i konw, but the last couple have been in the morning after urinating.. and thats when ill be weighing myself from now on..