PDA

View Full Version : Creatine to Japan

PhilsterT
06-25-2007, 04:28 PM
I was wondering how much it would cost to send one container of creatine to Japan. I wanted to buy it while I was in the states but I believe I leave before it can come. What will be the final cost with taxes, shipping and other/hidden fees.

In all honesty--I want to support you guys--but would it be considerably better to buy some other brand of creatine while I am in the states for one day?

shazoo123
06-25-2007, 06:54 PM
yeah man, shipping alone would be pretty ridiculous. go to any health/vitamin store and just buy some straight up creatine monohydrate....its usually decently priced....like vitaminshoppe

Joe Black
06-26-2007, 12:27 AM
If you go through to check out and have the Japan address as your shipping address it will quote you for the shipping via USPS.

It won't be cheap though, I think the shipping alone will come out at $56.00

It tends to be the more you order, the more reasonable the shipping is.

For example 2 x Nitrean and a creatine would be $137 shipping. And thats for 2 x 5 lb tubs along with the 500g creatine.

See what it comes out as.

PhilsterT
06-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Holy lordy that's expensive! Why is it like that? I can send stuff up to 8 grams for as little as $12.

I want to support you guys, but dawm. What other brands can I trust for Creatine?

gravej
06-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Yeah. Shipping would be expensive.
Check GNC.
They have everything :D

chris mason
06-26-2007, 10:44 PM
We have had several Japanese customers. Supplements in Japan are INCREDIBLY high priced, so even with the shipping our products tend to be less.

Chris

PhilsterT
06-27-2007, 05:57 PM
That may be true, but that doesn't beat the cost of bringing whatever I'm taking over there for free. I get stuff sent around the world all the time and I am still shocked at the absurdity of the pricing. Nothing I have ever sent was more than $20 for shipping.

chris mason
06-27-2007, 06:00 PM
That may be true, but that doesn't beat the cost of bringing whatever I'm taking over there for free. I get stuff sent around the world all the time and I am still shocked at the absurdity of the pricing. Nothing I have ever sent was more than $20 for shipping.

We charge EXACTLY what USPS charges us for all international orders. If you know of a better, cheaper, more reliable method which helps to avoid customs fees etc. we are all ears.

Chris

PhilsterT
06-28-2007, 03:15 AM
http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10214&M=2&P=1&O=2&sd=1

I put in 1.2 lbs for the creatine (500 g), which is a slightly high estimate. The cheapest shipping is $12 (with no security). If you are willing to send it to me like that I will buy it. Or, I will pay up to $25 on the international ones.

chris mason
06-28-2007, 05:34 AM
http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10214&M=2&P=1&O=2&sd=1

I put in 1.2 lbs for the creatine (500 g), which is a slightly high estimate. The cheapest shipping is $12 (with no security). If you are willing to send it to me like that I will buy it. Or, I will pay up to $25 on the international ones.

Your estimate is not slightly high because the product needs to go in a box. That said, their system automatically rounds up and the correct shipping weight to use is roughly 2 lbs so the estimates you have are correct for 1 Creatine 500.

Do you realize the length of time it will probably take to get the product using that shipping method (the cheapest)? If you are ok with it, send us the money via PayPal (paypal@atlargenutrition.com) and then PM me here when you have done so with your full mailing address and exactly what you have ordered (please also mention the shipping method you have selected). I will then have the products sent to you using the shipping method you have paid for.

Oh, and one more thing, if you want it sent the normal method which is Priority International, just go ahead and place an order on our system. We are fully integrated with USPS and the system will charge you based upon exactly what you have ordered (right around $25).

Chris

Sensei
06-28-2007, 05:41 AM
Like I said in the PM Phil,

*Buy the creatine here and bring it with you. It is unlikely that there will be any questioning at all in customs, but if there is just explain that it's a "sapurimento" or "bichamin" and it should be fine. "kuriachin" is legal in Japan.

*Suppliments ARE expensive in Japan, but not THAT expensive.

chris mason
06-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Like I said in the PM Phil,

*Buy the creatine here and bring it with you. It is unlikely that there will be any questioning at all in customs, but if there is just explain that it's a "sapurimento" or "bichamin" and it should be fine. "kuriachin" is legal in Japan.

*Suppliments ARE expensive in Japan, but not THAT expensive.

Well, I know a fellow was buying several tubs of Nitrean at a time and paying big money to ship it and telling me it was still cheaper than buying it there.

Chris

Sensei
06-29-2007, 12:18 AM
If you were staying in Japan long term and buying large quantities, then it might be cheaper.

I'm not really good with math and I don't know what the shipping costs would be specifically, but I was just in Japan last week and a pound of whey costs about $20. I didn't price creatine while I was there, but a quick look at Japanese sites shows Phosphogen(sp?, 1kg) by EAS (yeah, I know...) priced at about $30.

It ain't AtLarge Nutrition, but it's not as expensive as you might think.