PDA

View Full Version : BGB Stars NOW

gravej
06-25-2007, 05:29 PM
I am going to start using the BGB Routine that is a little bit edited. I am currently 5'11'' and 170 lbs. I would like to surpass 6' tall, which in time will come and I would like to weigh around 200 lbs, not gaining fat. Over time this will happen of course, I have to learn to understand that these things do not happen over night.

My routine will be as follows:

Monday-Tuesday: RUN

Wednesday:
Flat BB Bench…5x5
DB Incline Bench…3x8
T-Bar Rows…3x8
Seated Cable Row…3x8
Calves
Weighted Sit Ups

Thursday:
Squats…5x5
Lunges…3x10
SLDL…3x8
EZ Bar Curl…3x10
Hammer Curl…3x8

Friday: RUN

Saturday:
Lat Pulldowns…3x8
Hammer High Rows…3x8
Seated DB Press… 3x8
Side and Rear Laterals…3x10
Shrugs...3x8
Calves
Weighted Sit Ups

Sunday:
Deadlift…5x5
Leg Curl…3x10
Front Squat…3x8
Dips…3x10
Skull crushers…3x10

This routine is new to me, along with many of the exercises. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Being a teenager, nutrition will be hard. Right now I am eating a lot of fatty snack foods {chips, cookies, etc} I will attempt to take these out of my diet and replace them with foods such as fruits and healthy whole wheat crackers.

Thanks a lot guys.
T/M is Tuesday and I will be starting with some running since I have a game T/M night. Wednesday I will start the weights.

Wish me luck!

I am 16 years old. 6' Tall and 170 lbs. If anyone can reccomend what weight sizes to start with on each of the individual exercises, I would greatly appreciate it. I have no idea even what to start with on exercises such as the T-Bar Row, since I have never done it in my life. If you guys could just give me an estimate. I know everyones body is diff. and I have to figure it out on my own, but i really have NO CLUE. Thanks again.

Lumiel
06-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Good luck on the program! I'm working a BGB routine as well.

As for the T-bar row, it's usually a number very close to your lat pull down. Start with 90 lbs and go from there... you can always come down or add more weight. Basically you should be using enough weight that your sets are as follows:

Set 1: Full 8 reps
Set 2: Maybe 7 - 8 reps
Set 3: Just shy of 8 reps because you're wiped out.

If you can complete 3 sets of 8 reps then you need to up your weight. You know you're using the right weight when you are wiped out just shy of the required number of reps to complete your sets for any given exercise.

Good luck mate!

BCorn
06-26-2007, 11:25 AM
I am doing bgb at the moment......4th week....like it so far

gravej
06-27-2007, 11:34 AM
6/27/07
Bench Press 5x5 115 lbs
DB Incline Press 3x8 35 lbs
T-Bar Rows 3x8 135 lbs
Seated Cable Row 3x10 108 lbs

Breakfast: 3 Scrambled Eggs, 1 Wheat Toast w/ natty PB + ½ Banana

Built
07-06-2007, 01:01 AM
How are you managing - lol at your sig, but you ARE allowed to enjoy your food!

Lumiel
08-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Haven't seen an update in a while. How's the routine coming buddy?