PDA

View Full Version : This is what protein tastes like?!

Turino
06-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Recieved my first batch of chocolate Nitrean today along with my samples of vanilla/strawberry =) (which I will try out later).

Oh my gosh! The stuff (mixed with milk) tastes like chocolate milk; I was imagining an odd, bitter taste because of the high amount of protein but had to double check that it was mixed in and I was actually drinking the mix! Love this stuff, definitely will be buying loads of it next shipment.

:p Keep up the awesome work guys.

Unholy
06-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Yup its good stuff.

Joe Black
06-26-2007, 12:23 AM
:)

Thanks for the feedback!

chris mason
06-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks!

That is why you hear about us in the fitness world (Men's Health) and in the hardcore strength world (Westside Barbell). Our products are simply the best!

Unreal
06-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Wait till you try the strawberry. It is amazing.

KingWilder
06-27-2007, 04:42 PM
2 scoops of Nitrean in about 12oz of water tastes really good as well...I actually made my sister try it and she said it tasted just like her Chocolate Nesquick

Not really a fan of the strawberry...

Optimum08
06-27-2007, 05:28 PM

:withstupi but i love the chocolate.

100pr00f
07-15-2007, 10:31 AM
yea its not bad....i drink mine in water alot..unless on days i use it as a meal replacement..then ill use it with milk..it doese tast like a healther chocolate milk
haha

but hey when i got my nitrean i never got any sample of the other flavers

did i have to request it

sharkall2003
07-15-2007, 11:39 AM
My girlfriend was worried about the taste until I told her that it tasted like chocolate milk. She ended up buying some.

chris mason
07-15-2007, 09:58 PM
yea its not bad....i drink mine in water alot..unless on days i use it as a meal replacement..then ill use it with milk..it doese tast like a healther chocolate milk
haha

but hey when i got my nitrean i never got any sample of the other flavers

did i have to request it

Yep, we will include samples with orders upon request.

Chris

chris mason
07-15-2007, 09:58 PM
My girlfriend was worried about the taste until I told her that it tasted like chocolate milk. She ended up buying some.

Thanks for the referral!

Cirino83
07-16-2007, 09:06 AM
2 scoops of Nitrean in about 12oz of water tastes really good as well...I actually made my sister try it and she said it tasted just like her Chocolate Nesquick

I agree. But I like to compare the Chocolate Nitrean in water to cold hot chocolate.

100pr00f
07-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Yep, we will include samples with orders upon request.

Chris

ok cool..i do it next time...im half way done my nitrean.. i got the 2.2lb one
ima get the bigger one next time....

ECS
08-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Does anyone mix nitrean with creatine for their pw shake? That is how I have been doing it and I have to be honest, the taste is not that good. I can't imagine the creatine (since its non-flavored) making that big of a difference. Maybe I got spoiled taking ON's proteins?

chris mason
08-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Does anyone mix nitrean with creatine for their pw shake? That is how I have been doing it and I have to be honest, the taste is not that good. I can't imagine the creatine (since its non-flavored) making that big of a difference. Maybe I got spoiled taking ON's proteins?

The creatine should not make a big difference. Flavor is a highly subjective thing, you may find you just don't like that particular flavor of our product. You may also find that you like it better after you have used it a few times. We have had many people switch from ON and some initially don't like Nitrean as much and then find they like it even better after using it for a brief period.

Chris

KingWilder
08-05-2007, 04:47 PM

2 scoops chocolate nitrean
10oz milk
5g creatine
2 ice cubes

BLEND (or shake...and leave out the ice)

tastes wonderful to me

Bikkstah
08-06-2007, 01:07 PM
I use Nitrean + Creatine as a PWO Shake on cuts and Opticen + Creatine on bulks, can't taste anything different.

Organichu
08-07-2007, 06:33 AM
I think the runaway strength of Nitrean's flavor is that it's good in water. There are several protein blends that taste okay in milk... but it takes exceptional flavoring to taste good in water.

Useful for my fat body. :)

tomv
08-07-2007, 07:08 AM
Godamn guys start setting up suppliers in Australia :(

ECS
08-07-2007, 01:07 PM
I will say that in no ways does it taste BAD. Trust me, I've had some pretty awful protein drinks. Ill give it a few weeks and see how it ends up.

I wish I would of requested the addition sample flavors, I thought they just came with it

samj
08-07-2007, 02:19 PM
anybody tried the cookies and cream from optimun protein? the award winning one

MMEI
08-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Do I detect a hint of honey flavor in the vanilla? Hmm!

chris mason
08-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Do I detect a hint of honey flavor in the vanilla? Hmm!

No honey, but it is unique, no?

Thanks!

Chris

Talking_God
08-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Chris, I dunno if you or anyone else has tried it, but how does the vanilla Nitrean compare to the Myoplex vanilla? I may have to invest in some of the vanilla next time around.

LouPac
08-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Chris, I dunno if you or anyone else has tried it, but how does the vanilla Nitrean compare to the Myoplex vanilla? I may have to invest in some of the vanilla next time around.

It blows the myoplex away. I used to be a strictly myoplex-only user. I loved their strawberry and hated their vanilla. My first try of vanilla Nitrean with water and I was hooked and never going back to Myoplex. I still have a bunch of Myoplex left, I can't bring myself to drink it after trying Nitrean.

chris mason
08-09-2007, 05:07 AM

I think it compares very favorably. If you want a PWO product similar to Myoplex you should also consider Opticen.

Chris

chris mason
08-09-2007, 05:07 AM
It blows the myoplex away. I used to be a strictly myoplex-only user. I loved their strawberry and hated their vanilla. My first try of vanilla Nitrean with water and I was hooked and never going back to Myoplex. I still have a bunch of Myoplex left, I can't bring myself to drink it after trying Nitrean.

Thanks Lou!

Chris

LouPac
08-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks Lou!

Chris

You're welcome! Now how about a sale so I can stock up on my Nitrean?:D

ECS
08-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Update time, the taste is growing on me, one thing of note, I have started to mix my PWO shake with half skim milk and half water. Taste is still the same! Very pleasantly suprised about that.

chris mason
08-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Update time, the taste is growing on me, one thing of note, I have started to mix my PWO shake with half skim milk and half water. Taste is still the same! Very pleasantly suprised about that.

Excellent!

Talking_God
08-09-2007, 08:27 PM
I think it compares very favorably. If you want a PWO product similar to Myoplex you should also consider Opticen.

Chris

I was looking for something with less carbs than Myoplex. Next paycheck (about a month from now..lol) I'll be getting some Nitrean more than likely

chris mason
08-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I was looking for something with less carbs than Myoplex. Next paycheck (about a month from now..lol) I'll be getting some Nitrean more than likely

Ok, sounds good!

ECS
08-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Ok, tried yet another PWO shake combo and I swear I am honestly confused. After a good WO I went with Nitrean w/ no milk, water only and a squirt of honey for the dextrose. It wasn't as good as the milk, it was BETTER. Why/how, I DO NOT KNOW.

If for some reason you dont think Nitrean is tasting that good when you mix it with milk, try just water. I swear it was better. Maybe I went insane because of a hard Leg day, I will test this out again on monday, but wow, I am in shock.

chris mason
08-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Ok, tried yet another PWO shake combo and I swear I am honestly confused. After a good WO I went with Nitrean w/ no milk, water only and a squirt of honey for the dextrose. It wasn't as good as the milk, it was BETTER. Why/how, I DO NOT KNOW.

If for some reason you dont think Nitrean is tasting that good when you mix it with milk, try just water. I swear it was better. Maybe I went insane because of a hard Leg day, I will test this out again on monday, but wow, I am in shock.

I always drink mine with water.

KingWilder
08-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Nitrean, water, turbo shaker - tastes good to me....the trick is finding the right amount of water so that when you're done it tastes like chocolate, instead of watered down

for me it's about 11-12oz of water with 2 scoops of Nitrean