PDA

View Full Version : 135 pounder going for gold!

Action B
06-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Okay, tomorrow is day one of my quest on a goal to go from 135 lbs skinny guy to my desired weight of 150 lbs. I dont know anything at all about gaining weight, so this should be funny because im just going to wing it and kinda learn from this forums input along the way. So if i do anything ******ed I dont mind a couple laughs at my expense. I want to work my entire body but mostly upper body and especially my pecs. SO, before i start i'll post some pictures of my skinny ass self now so I and everyone else can view my progress. I'm open to input, and funny criticism.

stats: 135 lbs, 5'8 thats all i can think of.

Natetaco
06-25-2007, 11:06 PM
make sure you train your lowerbody and back just as much as you train the rest. Squatting and deadlifting will raise testosterone and promote overall body growth.

eat alot.

Action B
06-26-2007, 12:02 AM
make sure you train your lowerbody and back just as much as you train the rest. Squatting and deadlifting will raise testosterone and promote overall body growth.

eat alot.

Let me add deadlifting to my list of weight lifting terms to look up. Thanks for the input.

This is going to be very different for me, I've never intentionally worked out in my life, I always just played hard and stayed in shape as a biproduct. I'd appreciate any other tips.

SupRsmall
06-26-2007, 12:24 AM
verry veryy low bodyfat.
goodluck.

Action B
06-26-2007, 09:20 AM
My brother gave me some of his whey protein, so i mixed some with water and drank it this morning. Its pretty gross.

Aside from that, for now all i have to work with is 10 and 25lb free weights, so for now until i can check out to see if i can afford a gym membership until i go back to college where its free, my technique will be, eat a lot, drink protein, lift heavy **** (or at least what is heavy for me).

Natetaco
06-26-2007, 09:56 AM
do whatever you can with what you got. if you mix the whey with milk it will taste alot better, and will have more protein and calories.

Action B
06-27-2007, 06:52 PM
do whatever you can with what you got. if you mix the whey with milk it will taste alot better, and will have more protein and calories.

Yeah, I'm going to try to just lift weights, I think changing my diet might be a bit extreme. It seems to be causing some unusual side effects. I've been having trouble performing in the sports i usually play, I feel tired a lot. I'm not sure what the problem is, I think it may be that I'm eating/drinking WAY less sugar and WAY more protein.

In the meanwhile, im going to take a little bit more light hearted approach at this, I know some of you guys are serious about body building and weight lifting. I've read through some of the journals and it sure is intense, and honestly I'm amazed at the outcomes of your hard work and knowledge.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want to incorporate a little upper body weight training, but my focus is not body building. Thanks Natetaco for consistently giving me sound advice that fits with what I'm doing, gaining a mere 10-15 lbs.