PDA

View Full Version : FitDay Questions, preparing food :help:

Bob_1986
06-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Hey, I have tried to search the forums for these questions but I am not able to find an answer so I will ask them and maybe it can help out some noobies like me too.

After being off of weightlifting for about 10 months (I was a beginner and I hurt myself) I really hurt my shoulder so I am taking it easy to start. I am once again trying to lose weight and gain muscle mass.

I am about 20-25% body fat so I am realllllllly bad and need to kick it into gear over the next few months and stick with it.

Ok, on with the questions!
1. I am wondering if people decide what they are going to eat the day before they eat it or if they have like a week planned out, or if you keep track of what you eat and put it in at night.

2. I am having problems knowing how much I am eating, did I eat a cup, how many grams was it, and stuff like that. Do you have a scale or something like that or do you just guesstimate how much it was.

3. What ratios of fats, carbs and protein should I do? I am 21, 190 LBS and wanting to gain muscle and lose fat like crazy!

4. If people do plan on what they are eating before hand is there a spot that has good suggestions on what to eat that would get you to a good goal?

I will probably think of some more stuff to ask later.

Thank,
Bob

Mr. D
06-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Hey, I have tried to search the forums for these questions but I am not able to find an answer so I will ask them and maybe it can help out some noobies like me too.

After being off of weightlifting for about 10 months (I was a beginner and I hurt myself) I really hurt my shoulder so I am taking it easy to start. I am once again trying to lose weight and gain muscle mass.

I am about 20-25% body fat so I am realllllllly bad and need to kick it into gear over the next few months and stick with it.

Ok, on with the questions!
1. I am wondering if people decide what they are going to eat the day before they eat it or if they have like a week planned out, or if you keep track of what you eat and put it in at night.

2. I am having problems knowing how much I am eating, did I eat a cup, how many grams was it, and stuff like that. Do you have a scale or something like that or do you just guesstimate how much it was.

3. What ratios of fats, carbs and protein should I do? I am 21, 190 LBS and wanting to gain muscle and lose fat like crazy!

4. If people do plan on what they are eating before hand is there a spot that has good suggestions on what to eat that would get you to a good goal?

I will probably think of some more stuff to ask later.

Thank,
Bob

1. I plan what i am going to eat the night before, some people just go thru the day and enter food as they eat it. Its personal preference I guess.
2.I use a scale, some use the eyeball method, some use cups. Again it just depends on how precise you want to be and how bogged down in the detail you want to be.
3. Well since you are a newbie you will be able to gain muscle and lose fat for a short period of time, but that novelty wears off. After that you are going to have to decide whats more important, losing fat and lowering bf%, or gaining muscle with some fat gain. As far as percentages go, think in terms of dosing. Aim for 1g/lbm of protein and 0.5g/lbm of fats. Fill up the rest of your cals with carbs,protein,fats as you like. Find your maintenance cals (15xBW is a good place to start) and go from there. Once you find that and decide you want to cut, make a 20% reduction off of that.
4. What a Bodybuilder Eats (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565)

Bob_1986
06-27-2007, 04:02 PM
I am away for 10 hours every day so many times I am not able to cook something for lunch. I am wondering if peanutbutter is a good source of protien or if it is too high in fat or what not. If it is good than how much should I put on a sandwitch and how about Jelly? Or should I just skip the indulgance ;-)