PDA

View Full Version : How can I push my weight to 150lbs??

pr3
03-01-2002, 10:57 AM
I'm trying to revamp my diet. I accomplished my highest weight (146lbs) last fall. Now, after falling back on everything (sleep, diet, training, etc), I'm at 140lbs (sometimes 138lbs). However, I can't seem to break the 150 mark! I've been stuck at the same weight for over a year now. I don't know what else I can do, but perhaps eat a lot more.

What must I eat, how much for EACH meal, and how far apart to reach this forbidden milestone for me????

Here is my current diet (this is a basic idea, not always the same):

Meal 1 (8:30am): Bowl of oatmeal, two eggs and 2 strips of turkey bacon on honey wheat bread with philly cheese, take my multi-v and supplements with water

BTW, my stomach just CAN NOT add so many eggs. Do you think I should skip the oatmeal for another time? I read how many eggs you guys eat (6 eggs is like the average), but eating that much so early, I just can't add it into my stomach!

Meal 2 (11:30am~if I'm hungry): Snack (example: cottage cheese on honey wheat bread)

Meal 3 (1pm): Lunch meal--dinner leftover (usually brown rice, either chicken or fish)

Meall 4 (3pm): Snack meal--turkey/cheese sandwich

Meal 5 (5:30pm): Whey Protein Shake/maybe a peanut butter sandwich

Meal 6 (7pm): Dinner--usually salad, chicken or fish, brown rice.

WORKOUT: 8:30-10pm

Meal 7 (11pm): Whey Protein SHake with supplements; More dinner meal (chicken or fish, brown rice)

Now, I KNOW I need to add TUNA in this diet. However, are there any other foods I'm missing that I should eat to gain muscle size? How much for each meal? Please tell me if I'm going about it totally wrong here with some advice of course. Thanks.

TreeTrunks
03-01-2002, 11:01 AM
Keep the same foods except just eat more of it. Also it would help if you added some like flax or olive oil to your diet to help you get more calories. Just eat more calories than your body can burn.

GeneticallyGifted
03-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Hoard all food. Take in everything that you can(of good food). Take in some protein shakes and MRPs and you should be good. Make sure that you take in 500+ more calories each day then you where before and you soon will have the weight that you desire."QUICKLY!!"

Alex.V
03-01-2002, 12:45 PM
Chicken? Fish? Turkey? Tuna?

Dude, screw that. BEEF. Calories.

You know how many pounds of chicken breast you need to consume daily to gain weight? Eat some real, calorie-dense food, dammit.

GeneticallyGifted
03-01-2002, 01:01 PM
I'm with Belial. Calories is what you need as I stated, and he did also. Set your goal higher than the weight that you would like to be. When you bi-pass this weight you can cut down and be a cut up 150lber.

thats just my opinion...

pr3
03-01-2002, 01:09 PM
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong...I'm trying to reach a higher weight. Right now, I would love to be 170-80lbs of lean muscle, but since I've been STUCK at this weight for over a year, I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to EVEN MAKE IT to 150lbs!

MRJ
03-01-2002, 01:49 PM
You might try raising the calories by increasing the percentage of carbs. within the diet mentioned. Or lower the percentage of fats and raise the percentage of carbs. within the same caloric total.

A friend of mine with a high metab. had a similar problem.

His prior carb. intake was 400 grams daily, when as he gradually raised it to 600 grams daily he gained weight.

The first two weeks he gained 5 lbs. and has continued to gain about a pound p/week for the last month and a half.