PDA

View Full Version : First impressions of Maximus

jgprather
06-27-2007, 07:50 PM
I discovered a large box on my front porch today and was excited to see it was my Maximus order!

Tried it today after a pretty intense workout, and this is what I think so far:

It's pretty damn thick. A serving is 5 scoops. I mixed it with half water, half soymilk. I ordered vanilla. I also use vanilla Nitrean and have to say the Nitrean tastes more "vanilla-ey." But Maximus still tastes a hell of a lot better than most supplements out there. Since the serving size is 5 scoops and there are 20 servings per bucket, yes bucket (looks like it comes from Home Depot), I plan to drink it only after hard training days, so 3x week. I'll use Nitrean in between.

Overall, I'm quite pleased and anxious to see it take action in the next few weeks.

Thanks again, ALN!

HahnB
06-27-2007, 08:15 PM
I like the fact that it comes in a bucket, I'm anxious to try it out. If you're using a weight gainer it would make more sense, at least to me, to make it a greater part of your caloric intake if you want to take advantage of it.

SDS
06-27-2007, 08:16 PM
When mine gets here I'm gonna take a 2/3rds dose, and add a couple tbsp olive oil to make up the calorie difference.....try to stretch it out to 30 servings.........

HahnB
06-27-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm gonna aim for 2 servings a day mixed with milk, olive oil and pb. I'm sure you could hit 1200 calories easily:)

chris mason
06-28-2007, 05:39 AM
I discovered a large box on my front porch today and was excited to see it was my Maximus order!

Tried it today after a pretty intense workout, and this is what I think so far:

It's pretty damn thick. A serving is 5 scoops. I mixed it with half water, half soymilk. I ordered vanilla. I also use vanilla Nitrean and have to say the Nitrean tastes more "vanilla-ey." But Maximus still tastes a hell of a lot better than most supplements out there. Since the serving size is 5 scoops and there are 20 servings per bucket, yes bucket (looks like it comes from Home Depot), I plan to drink it only after hard training days, so 3x week. I'll use Nitrean in between.

Overall, I'm quite pleased and anxious to see it take action in the next few weeks.

Thanks again, ALN!

Thank you!

If you prefer, take it in 2 servings or use more liquid to thin it out a bit.

Chris

Munky
06-28-2007, 07:01 AM
It didn't mix bad for me at all if you use the recomended 16oz of your favorite drink.

Questor
06-28-2007, 09:56 AM
I want one! :)

chris mason
06-28-2007, 08:13 PM
I want one! :)

Good stuff! :drooling:

Questor
06-28-2007, 08:20 PM
My wife even said I could buy one! :) When's your next 10% off sale? :)

chris mason
06-28-2007, 08:33 PM
My wife even said I could buy one! :) When's your next 10% off sale? :)

Lol, we don't have a set date in mind (nothing soon for sure).

Chris