PDA

View Full Version : How much to shoot for?

Shouji
06-27-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm currently 150, only gained 5 pounds these past two months. I'm shooting for 175 by Q4, and 200 as my long long goal. I'm 5'8 1/2.

Currently, I try to shoot for 6000-7000 calories, although everday I am probably just barely scrapping 3500-4000, probably 150g protein daily. How many calories would I need to gain as quick as possible?

Mr. D
06-27-2007, 11:35 PM
eat everything in sight if you want to gain as quick as possible.If your body can handle it with minimal fat gain then so be it. Dont worry about eating "clean", just eat.

Pizza,ice cream,burgers,fries,shakes, have at it.

BBB
06-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah, eat all of that kind of stuff. Especially if you don't care about your heart. Your heart loves trans fats, fried food, and refined sugars.

Unholy
06-28-2007, 09:08 AM
Yeah, eat all of that kind of stuff. Especially if you don't care about your heart. Your heart loves trans fats, fried food, and refined sugars.

This is wannabebig.com not wannabehealthy.com didn't you get the memo? :dj:

MMEI
06-28-2007, 09:44 AM
6000-7000 calories for a 150 lb person? Aren't you just going to get fat?

MrWebb78
06-28-2007, 09:48 AM

These are mainstays in my diet. I eat this garbage all day every day. I have poor genetics in terms of heart problems and cholesterol.

Yet, every 6 months my bloodwork comes back perfect.

Maybe, just MAYBE the exercise/weight lifting part has something to do with that. Think about it.

Shouji
06-28-2007, 10:35 AM
6000-7000 calories for a 150 lb person? Aren't you just going to get fat?

Well if all 6000-7000 are from good foods.

Mr. D
06-28-2007, 10:51 AM
he said he wanted quick weight gain.

I for one always vote for a nice,slow clean bulk with cals 5-10% above maintenance.

Unholy
06-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Well if all 6000-7000 are from good foods.

It doesn't matter, a caloric excess will do what a caloric excess does. Doesn't matter if you eat 6000 calories of crackers or 6000 calories of chicken, too much is too much.

BBB
06-28-2007, 11:40 AM
These are mainstays in my diet. I eat this garbage all day every day. I have poor genetics in terms of heart problems and cholesterol.

Yet, every 6 months my bloodwork comes back perfect.

Maybe, just MAYBE the exercise/weight lifting part has something to do with that. Think about it.

Actually it has to do with the combination of genetics, exercise and diet...it's everything combined...not just one thing...

I'm all for getting big, I just can't advocate eating like **** day in and day out to get that way. I have no problem with eating that sort of stuff occasionally - once, twice a week - I do it too, but to exist on that alone??? The thought of it makes me sick. To each his own.

BBB
06-28-2007, 11:46 AM
To listen to some of you guys you'd think it doesn't matter at all what you eat - just how much.

You can't make muscle out of 6000 calories a day if those calories come from crackers!! And it can't be done on fat and carbs alone either.

During a bulk, the ratio of what you gain (muscle to fat) is, in part, determined by what you eat. :rolleyes:

Con
06-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Care to explain how?

And ofcrouse unholy's example of crackers compared to chicken was meant to be sarcasm.

And yea, I dman sure do believe HOW much you eat matters more in terms of weight gain/loss.

When I eat at maintenance with all clean foods, I stay the same weight. When I reduce cals by 500 cals and eat junk(candy, protein bars, barbecued foods, etc.), I lose weight.

BBB
06-28-2007, 12:06 PM
When did I say that how much you eat doesn't matter?

I'm so done with this.

Con
06-28-2007, 12:10 PM
To listen to some of you guys you'd think it doesn't matter at all what you eat - just how much.

If you are done, then I wont expect a response anymore.

Hatred
06-28-2007, 01:08 PM
I think you guys should investigate who you are talking **** to a little better before thinking post count is an indicator of anything important.

Who's sig says this? Will's?:
"How much you eat determines if you gain or lose. What you eat determines what you gain or lose.
The flaming stops.

Con
06-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Hatred, care to back that up with something concrete? You know if you dont mind me questioning you?

MrWebb78
06-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Actually it has to do with the combination of genetics, exercise and diet...it's everything combined...not just one thing...

Since you understand this, then do not make goofy statements that the diet alone will ruin the heart.

Hatred
06-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Hatred, care to back that up with something concrete? You know if you dont mind me questioning you?

www.theentirehistoryofbodybuilding.com

Concrete? as in works for everyone exactly the same way all the time?

Common sense.
You go eat 4000kcals worth of Bigmacs and cheezefries
I'll eat 4000kcals worth of clean foods at a 50/20/30 macro split and we'll see who looks and feels better after a month.

Conrcrete? like the childhood obesity problem? It must be an epidemic genetic mutation. It couldn't be the donuts,candy,soda and fast food!
Why, everyone knows that if you have a caloric surplus you'll gain either fat or muscle regardless of what you put in your mouth it's all about your genetics.
.. so these kids and their fatass parents are just at a genetic disadvantage and can do nothing about it except take up 3x as much space at a cemetery when their genetic disadvantage Darwins them out of existence.

....And that protein Sparing Modified Fast Diet designed for morbidly obese,sedentary folks that are a victim of this genetic disadvantage works by ****ing voodoo with a sprinkling of pixie snot. Not the fact that by allowing the body to consume only protein and not carbs and fat to produce a caloric deficit environment while maintaining a positive nitrogen balance to maintain as much muscle mass as possible like was erroneously believed...

All the people that tried the diet and had success were victims of the Placebo effect.

You are what you eat.
You can try and find something on paper to back **** up or you can read nutritional facts on the food you eat and **** with ratios until you find something that works for you by getting your ass under the bar and fighting for your life.
I'll bet your ass though that what give you the results you want is going to resemble a high protein,low carb diet with moderate fats.

Concrete? No, Sorry bud. Not my area of expertise... There are those here that read medical journals and studies and control their diet to the nth degree...

There is truth to what is said here.
eat a lot you'll gain muscle

eat a little....you'll lose fat...

where people get Anal is trying to maximize/minimize the ratio of what is lost/gained.

Most people are not in the condition to where it should even matter to them .
When it does matter....the macros become more important.

Hatred
06-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Care to explain how?

And ofcrouse unholy's example of crackers compared to chicken was meant to be sarcasm.

And yea, I dman sure do believe HOW much you eat matters more in terms of weight gain/loss.

When I eat at maintenance with all clean foods, I stay the same weight. When I reduce cals by 500 cals and eat junk(candy, protein bars, barbecued foods, etc.), I lose weight.

"Weight" can be good or bad depending on what it is you are losing.