PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Bulk Til' I'm Hulk!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Herandi
06-28-2007, 02:31 AM
INTRO

Welcome everyone, Iíll just give you the brief history of me. Started lifting about 13 months ago and started bulking nearly straight away. Went from 151 to 182 (not all muscle gained) and then decided to cut, mainly because I wanted abs. Basically I didnít realise how hard cutting was and lost most of my muscle that I had gained in my bulk (lost most of the fat though too). I wouldnít say Iím back were I started because Iím definitely a little bigger and stronger now. Here are the current stats:

Age - 17
Height Ė 6í1
Weight Ė 157 lbs (as of this morning)
Bodyfat % - pretty sure its its around 10% (will test with callipers soon)

Just came back from holiday, and was ill for most of it so my very low weight can partly be contributed to that (think I was 163 before going away), so hopefully gain a few pounds in the first few weeks. Havenít felt this skinny in a long time!

Goals:

Increase all of my lifts
Build some sturdy wheels and back
GAIN A LOT OF MUSCLE MASS! (Weigh 196lbs by a years time, about 215 in the future)
Maintain my bodyfat % or as close to it as I can

After gaining some weight and then losing it again Iíve never been more determined to get big and this time Iím gonna stay big! Any comments/help/ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN! outnumber

Herandi
06-28-2007, 02:52 AM
DIET/SUPPLEMENTS

I want to try and minimise fat gain so Iím starting out my slow clean bulk at only 3200 calories (not too sure about maintenance, around 2700-2900). I know a lot of you will say ďdude youíre so skinny you should be eating at least 4000 caloriesĒ but I was doing that before and didnít like the fat I was gaining. Iím going slow and steady this time. Hopefully Iíll be gaining between 2-3 pounds per month predominantly muscle.

For daily macros to begin with Iím gonna shoot for

3200 cals
216 g protein minimum
75g fat minimum

Macros to be spread out between 6 meals a day, and at least 4 litres of water on lifting days, and 3.5 on the others.

Will try and limit my foods to these:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

For supplements Iíll be taking:

Creatine monohydtrate (capsules)
Viper energy and recovery drink
Multi vitamins
Cod liver oil (capsules)
and probably pro max protein shakes when I can get some

I will only be posting my macros (maybe just calories) not my entire diet, donít want to bore you allÖ

will start posting diet tomorrow

Herandi
06-28-2007, 03:23 AM
WORKOUT

Iím basically starting with BGB (with a few adjustments), and going to use this routine as long as Iím seeing progress.

One thing to mention is that my gym is pretty crappy and we don't have many barbells/dumbbells, so for this reason i have to use the smith for all of my compound exercises and some others. My membership runs out at the end of july so i will be changing gyms then. Until then though i'm gonna make the most of the gym i'm at now. Below is the best choice of exercises that my gym can accomodate for, it's not ideal:

Day 1 (Tuesday): Horizontal push pull (chest/back), calves, abs

Back (thickness):
1) barbell rows 5x5
2) Seated cable rows 3x8

Chest:
1) Flat barbell bench 5x5
2) Incline dumbbell press 3x8

Calves:
1) Standing calf raises 3x20

Abs:
1) Weighted ab work

Day 2 (Thursday): Quad dominant, hamstring accessory, Biceps

Quads:
1) Full ATF squats 5x5
2) Leg press 3x8

Hamstrings:
1) High foot placement leg press 3x15

Biceps:
1) Seated alternating bicep curls 5x5
2) Two arm high pulley cable curl 3x10

Day 3 (Saturday) : Vertical push-pull (shoulders/back), calves, abs

Back (width):
1) Pull ups (weighted) 5x5
2) Lat pull downs 3x8

Shoulders:
1) (warm up) - bent over side laterals 3x10
2) Seated overhead press 5x5
3) Standing side laterals 3x8-10

Calves:
1) Seated calve raises 3x50

Abs:
1) Weighted ab work

Day 4 (Sunday): Hamstring dominant, quad accessory, triceps, chest, cardio

Hamstrings/glutes:
1) Romanian Deadlifts 5x5
2) High foot placement leg press 3x8-12

Quads:
1) Seated leg extensions 3x10

Chest:
1) Incline dumbbell flyes 3x10-12

Triceps:
1) Weighted dips 3x8-12
2) Cable pressdowns 3x8-12

Cardio:
20 mins fast incline walk to finish

hopefully i should be able to make progress with this. I will swap exercises around every 6-8 weeks or so to make sure the muscles get shocked when working out. I'll also chuck in some high rep stuff, supersets, change the order of exercises and change resting time between sets every now and then to vary the workout. Just gonna experiment with some high rep calve work to see if it produces results.

I'm going to start off reasonably light some exercises to make sure form is good, in the past i haven't worked legs or back properly which is why these areas are suffering, but hoping to improve on them :)

I will start posting workouts on saturday...

Unholy
06-28-2007, 06:16 AM
good luck!!

deeder
06-28-2007, 08:07 AM
Bulk Til' I'm Hulk... Hahaha, I love it. Best of luck with all your goals man.

Herandi
06-28-2007, 09:55 AM
thanks for the support guys, i need as much as i can get!

Herandi
06-30-2007, 05:28 PM
am on 3200 calories at the moment, gonna weigh myself in a couple of weeks to see how much i've gained and if i need to bump up the calories.

had 3.5 litres water today and got about 200g protein

anyway, first day at the gym on bulk and felt good to be back :)

30/6/07

Vertical push-pull day: shoulders, back, calves, abs

(WEIGHT(in lbs)XREPS)

Time in gym: 1 hour 5 mins
Rest between sets: about 1.5/2 mins

PULL UPS (wide grip)
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5 (really struggling on the last few reps of these my back's as weak as hell)

SEATED DUMBELL SHOULDER PRESS
33x8 (each arm) (15kg)
44x5 (20kg)
44x5
44x5
44x3 (couldn't get the last reps out! end of my last bulk i was pusing 50's for reps :( )

LAT PULLDOWNS (behind head)
200x8 (91kg)
200x8
200x8

STANDING SIDE LATERALS (one arm at a time, going to 45 degrees above parallel very slowly and controlled)
13x8 (each arm) (6kg)
13x8
13x8

BENT OVER SIDE LATERALS
11X10 (each arm)
11X10
11X10

SEATED CALVE RAISES
88x50 (44kg)
88x50
88x50
(mini rest after 25 reps)
(Calves really stinging after these)

Didn't do the ab work as had to leave gym early and was in a rush.

also first day on the creatine, so hopefully lifts will be going up soon.

Tomorrow leg day and not looking forward to it...

McVein
06-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Are you taking the ON creatine caps? I am, and man those things look like theyre going up an elephants poop poop. Theyre HOOGE.

Herandi
06-30-2007, 06:05 PM
haha no i'm taking the Met-rx brand capsules, and hell mine are pretty big too

SDS
06-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Good luck......I'm 6'2 193 and 3200 cals/day is just about 300 over maint. for me right now, so you should be on a good track, but it might take a while. Just remember that as the weight goes up, the maint. # does as well. I'm stuck right now and can't really decide if I want to be heavier, but I've about decided that #210 is probably where I wanna be. Adding in a serving of Maximus every day for 3-4 months should get me there. I'm one of those peeps that really don't like to eat.....I'd rather be doing something else usually. Good luck with BGB as well......I'm doing it and it's blowing my mind, in a good way.

deeder
06-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Nice looking lifts bro

Noxon
06-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Love the title of the journal dude. Sounds like you are definitely on the right track. I'm also doing BGB and on a similar controlled bulk now after cutting down to around 12% (Race to 220 lbs? =P).

One thing I will say is that you might consider ditching all the side laterals, at least initially. I started off doing them, too, but I found right away that my front and side delts were getting overtrained by the amount of sheer upper body volume in BGB. At least give it a few weeks and then see if you can add them in. I think you'll be surprised at how much the rowing, pressing, pulling and pushing movements will toast your delts without any direct accessory work to them!

Anyway, I'll follow this man. Good luck. I am sure you will love BGB, it's awesome and you've got a real good plan / good goals laid out here.

Herandi
07-01-2007, 05:22 PM
SDS - thanks, just curious what weight did you start at? yeah 210 is pretty big prob my ideal weight of the future too, but when i get to 196 i'll see how much bigger i want to get! yeah i am thinking of adding on about 50 cals to my daily intake each month, assuming i'm gaining at an good rate. If you still don't feel big enough at 193 then keep going if i were you. The difference between me and you is i like to eat, which makes it a lot easier to bulk :D

Deeder - thanks a lot, i'm a weak-ass at the moment but i'm really commited and will hopefully be seeing gains soon.

Noxon - thanks for the support man, good luck with your bulk, i'm about 10% now as i didn't think 12% was lean enough to start a bulk but its up to you and it depends how clean your bulk is. About the side laterals, you have a point but my shoulders are a weak point so i thought the high volume of shoulder work wouldn't hurt? Wow its surprising how many guys are following BGB, i can get a lot of help from you guys.

Herandi
07-01-2007, 05:55 PM
1/7/07

Hamstring dominant, quad accessory, chest, triceps

Time in gym: 55 mins
Rest between sets: 1 and 2 mins

Felt energetic in the gym today yet still v. weak

ROMANIAN DEADLIFTS (i have to do these on a smith due to lack of equipment in my gym :( (gonna change soon!) and also starting off deads low as have had lower back problems in the past)
132x5 (60kg)
132x5
143x5 (65kg)
143x5
143x5

HIGH FOOT PLACEMENT LEG PRESS
110x8 (50kg)
132x8 (60kg)
132x8

SEATED LEG EXTENSIONS
110x10 (50kg)
110x10
110x10

INCLINE DUMBBELL FYLES (decided to add these in as a light 2nd chest workout)
33x10 (15kg)
39x10 (17.5kg)
39x10

WEIGHTED DIPS
BWx8
BWx8
BWx7 (struggled with the last reps, gonna need a few more weeks before start adding a dip belt with weights)

CABLE PRESSDOWNS
141x8 (64kg)
130x8 (59kg)
130x8

In maybe a month or so might add in 20 mins of fast incline walk at the end of this workout as my cardio for the week, but need to put on some mass first!

can't weight to change gyms, the crap equipment in mine is really hindering my exercise choices.

Noxon
07-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Good workout man. When are you switching gyms? Smith machine for RDL's has got to suck!

Herandi
07-01-2007, 06:28 PM
switching at end of july when my membership runs out. and hell yeah it does lol, its so hard to try and keep back straight and shins vertical to target hams, think i've got my form on it as good as i can now though.

Herandi
07-03-2007, 08:35 AM
only managed to get 2600 cals yesterday! not good :( and must have overtrained calves on saturday so can't walk still today so gonna have to miss gym, oh well, im gonna eat well today though and 5L of water hopefuly

Herandi
07-05-2007, 01:01 PM
5/7/07

Horizontal Push-pull day: Chest, back, calves, abs

Time in gym: about 1 hour 15 mins?
Rest between sets: between 60 and 90 seconds

went with a friend so chatted a bit which is why the workout was a bit long...

BARBELL ROWS (first time doing rows with barbell and i like em a lot :))
88x5(warm up)
110x5 (50kg)
132x5 (60kg)
121x5 (55kg)
121x5
121x5
121x5

FLAT BARBELL BENCH PRESS
88x5 (40kg)
132x5 (60kg)
138x5 (62.5kg)
143x5 (65kg)
138x5 (62.5kg)
138x5

SEATED CABLE ROWS
185x8 (84kg)
200x8 (91kg)
200x8

DECLINE DUMBBELL BENCH PRESS
50x8 (22.5kg)
50x8
50x8

WEIGHTED CRUNCHES
22x8 (10kg)
22x8
22x8

Left out the calve stuff still finding it hard to walk let alone work them out :redface:

My bench press is unbelievably weak argh!
not bad workout overall...

Noxon
07-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Good work today man. Don't worry about the weight.. That will come. What is important is that you approach each workout with intensity and you will get the results you're looking for in due time. =]

In the future you might consider doing heavy 3x8 calf raises instead of high volume calf raises. At least in my experience, this leads to less recovery time than doing tons of high volume calf raises -- and in theory at least, lifting heavy for 6-8 reps is going to cause muscle growth while doing a set of 50 light reps of ANYTHING just makes me cringe. Walking = volume calf exercise!

pulse
07-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Love the journal name! And yeah Id stick to way less reps on those calf raises. I couldnt imagine the burn after 50 reps of anything. Otherwise lookin good!

Herandi
07-06-2007, 06:06 AM
Noxon - thanks for the support, i appreciate it, and about ditching the side laterals i think you might be right, my shoulders seem to be hurting all the time in this routine haha, i might just cut down the volume on them. On the bench press it just seems odd to me, i mean at the moment i can dumbbell press about 55 each arm and i thought that on the smith machine i would be able to bench press at least 160/170 because i thought it would be easier on the smith but find im not able to get the drive that i want, i feel it restricts me?? On the calve work i think 50 reps is a bit insane, but i've read that as calves get worked most of the day when you're active that they respond better to high reps? i might do 3x8 heavy one day and 3x20 light another day for calves.

Pulse - thanks for dropping by, and yeah IT BURNS LIKE HELL :whip:

Noxon
07-06-2007, 01:25 PM
I would avoid using machines as much as possible as a rule... Smith machine included, especially for a basic movement like bench press or squat. Generally, use machines for an exercise that is difficult or impossible to perform with free weights... Those are few and far between.

As far as calves responding to higher reps, I've heard the same and it may very well be true... But higher reps is generally considered 12-20, not 50! :)

Howard 9
07-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Nice workout man, first time in here, good luck gaining the weight back should be easier this time since you did it before. I am on BGB as well, really liking it.

Herandi
07-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Noxon - yeah i know how terrible machines are but my gym equipment is so limited and my barbells only go up to 100lbs :D. I'll be changing gyms beginning of august though which should be good

Howard - thanks a lot man, good to see you drop by, yea i have checked out your journal a few times actually good to see you're on BGB too. Yeah hopefully muscle memory will kick in soon :p i'll pop bye soon

Herandi
07-07-2007, 10:52 AM
7/7/07

Vertical Push-pull day: shoulders, back, calves, abs

Time in gym: 1 hour 10 mins
Rest between sets: about 1 min 30

PULL UPS
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5

SEATED DUMBBELL PRESS
33x5 (15kg) (each arm)
44x5 (20kg)
44x5
50x5 (22.5kg) (strength returning a little perhaps?...)
44x5 (20kg)

LAT PULLDOWNS (behind head)
200x8 (91kg)
220x8 (100kg)
220x8

BENT OVER SIDE LATERALS
13x10 (6kg)
13x10
13x10

WEIGHTED AB WORK

Decided to ditch the standing side laterals as shoulders really hurting still from thursday (not sure whether this is from the barbell rows??) and ditched the calve work as they still aren't feeling great.

Thought this was a good workout, starting to get my old strength back slowly but surely and the pull ups becoming easier, will try and add weight on in a couple of weeks.

Not sure whether to bring my calories per day up to 3300 from 3200, will probably wait until a few weeks to see how well i'm gaining first.

Noxon
07-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Very solid workout man, looking strong on vertical plane.

If you are doing 220 lb. lat pull downs then you should have no trouble adding some weight to your pull-ups, which I would definitely recommend. Weighted pull-ups are an amazing upper body mass building movement and they're just good fun to perform.

At the risk of being a parrot: I would watch the behind-the-head lat pull downs. Using a wide grip for pull downs and pull ups exposes the rotator cuffs to injury. General wisdom is that using a shoulder width grip and pulling to the chin reduces the risk of injury to these smaller supporting muscles and allows for heavier loads.

Herandi
07-07-2007, 02:24 PM
thanks noxon, yeah next week i'll add say 20lbs to my pull ups, i might only be able to get a few sets in but still an improvement.

about the grip with pull ups and lat pulldowns, i've heard that the wide grip can cause rotator cuff injuries but i've also hear that the wider grip targets lats? will the shoulder width grip reduce lat involvement and effect biceps more? and should i be doing shoulder width grip on pull ups AND lat pulldowns?

Noxon
07-07-2007, 03:49 PM
There is some truth to that, but it isn't that a shoulder width grip won't involve your lats. Regardless of grip placement on pull ups, the lats remain the primary movers and thus get heavily recruited for the movement when lifting heavy. So, yes a wide grip will provide a stronger contraction to the lats under most circumstances, but if you are hitting a high intensity level, the difference in lat involvement will be fairly negligible and, at least in my eyes, is worth trading off for the reduced risk of injury.

I have always used shoulder width grip and not seen any lack of development in my lat size or strength. Of course, I'm me and you are you and everybody is different, but that's my experience. :)

Herandi
07-07-2007, 05:03 PM
yeah i think you're right and i heard built saying the same a while ago so it must be true haha, thanks for clearing that up for me :)

pulse
07-07-2007, 06:01 PM
There is some truth to that, but it isn't that a shoulder width grip won't involve your lats. Regardless of grip placement on pull ups, the lats remain the primary movers and thus get heavily recruited for the movement when lifting heavy. So, yes a wide grip will provide a stronger contraction to the lats under most circumstances, but if you are hitting a high intensity level, the difference in lat involvement will be fairly negligible and, at least in my eyes, is worth trading off for the reduced risk of injury.

I have always used shoulder width grip and not seen any lack of development in my lat size or strength. Of course, I'm me and you are you and everybody is different, but that's my experience. :)

Couldnt have been said any better. This is one of those things where the risk is far greater than the possible reward. You can deal with slightly weaker lats (which might not even be the case) but its hard to recover from an rc injury.

Howard 9
07-07-2007, 07:43 PM
nice workout man, muscle memory is a wonderful thing...

Herandi
07-08-2007, 02:30 PM
nice workout man, muscle memory is a wonderful thing...

indeed it is howard... :)

Herandi
07-08-2007, 03:02 PM
8/7/07

Time in gym: 1 hour
Rest in between sets: hmm not sure between 1 and 2 minutes

ROMANIAN DEADLIFTS
110x5 (50kg)
143x5 (65kg)
154x5 (70kg) (PR)
160x5 (72.5kg) (PR)
160x5

(v. new to deadlifts please excuse my shameful PR's ;))

INCLINE DUMBBELL FLYES
28x10 (12.5kg)
39x10 (17.5kg)
44x10 (20kg)

132x8 (60kg)
143x8 (65kg)
143x8

SEATED LEG EXTENSIONS
125x10 (57kg)
110x10 (50kg)
110x10

WEIGHTED DIPS
BW+22x8 (BW+10kg)(PR)
BW+22x5
BW+22x5

First time adding weights on dips and felt good

CABLE PRESSDOWNS
152x8 (69kg)
152x8

REALLY happy with the workout as strength is definitely increasing, and deadlift should be going up fast as getting the form good now. Stepped on my earphones yesterday and they broke so couldn't listen to my music which was s***. Downloaded some Rage against the machine last week and that is some good S*** people!

Herandi
07-08-2007, 03:13 PM
gonna bump up my calories from 3200 to 3300 from tomorrow for no other reason that i wanna get big a bit quicker :D

Noxon
07-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Glad you're making gains man, very solid workout!

Howard 9
07-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Nice workout man, how do you get such wierd numbers like 152? Do you have 1 LB little things to add to machines and such?

Herandi
07-09-2007, 03:15 AM
Noxon- thanks a bunch yeah making gains slowly but steadily

Howard - haha forgot to mention: I'M IN THE UK! so just converting from kilos and rounding which is why numbers are weird :hump:

Herandi
07-10-2007, 02:14 PM
10/7/07

Horizontal push-pull day: Chest, back, Calves, abs

FLAT BARBELL BENCH PRESS
110x5 (50kg)
143x5 (65kg)
143x5 (Why am i so weak??? :mad: )
138x5 (62.5kg)
132x5 (60kg)

BARBELL BENT OVER ROWS
88x5 (40kg)
110x5 (50kg)
132x5 (60kg) (PR!)
132x5
127x5 (57.5kg)

INCLINE DUMBBELL PRESS
50x8 (22.5kg)
50x8
50x8

SEATED CABLE ROWS
200x8 (91kg)
200x8
200x8

SEATED CALVE RAISES (done v slowly squeezing for 2 s at top & bottom)
110x10 (50kg)
110x10

Ditched ab work as was in a rush to go to college.....

Not bad workout suppose except didn't feel 100% in gym, maybe because i didn't have a great breakfast or i think maybe because i can't lift in the mornings, i won't be lifting that early again!

will post starting measurements tomorrow

Herandi
07-10-2007, 02:22 PM
wow finally managed to get hold of some more cottage cheese after my local store ran out, woo that was a tough few days without ;)

Noxon
07-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Cottage cheese is sweet.

So are PR's. Nice rows there bud!

Howard 9
07-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Noxon- thanks a bunch yeah making gains slowly but steadily

Howard - haha forgot to mention: I'M IN THE UK! so just converting from kilos and rounding which is why numbers are weird :hump:

Oh alirhgt lol I was wondering how you got them numbers, Id be too lazy to convert.

Nice workout and congrats on the PR.

pulse
07-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Nice workout! And how the hell does a store run out of cottage cheese!?

Herandi
07-12-2007, 02:46 AM
howard - yeah converting is annoying, but i'm committed!

pulse - thanks for stopping by, and i know they should have an emergancy back up supply or something eh?

Herandi
07-12-2007, 03:12 AM
some 'beginning' measurements from a few days ago

RELAXED (FLEXED)
L arm 12Ē (13.1Ē)
R arm 12.4Ē (13.75Ē)
L forearm 11Ē
R forearm 11.25Ē
L calf 14.4Ē
R calf 15Ē
L thigh 21.75Ē
R thigh 23Ē
Waist 28.5Ē
L wrist 7.1Ē
R wrist 7.25Ē
Chest 38Ē
Neck 15Ē

one thing i notice is that my arms seem very small, which i think is because they are the last place i put on weight :(

another thing is that my whole body is lop sided - woops :redface:

im gonna take new measurements every 3 months and will hopefully be seeing big improvements here...

also, weighed in this morning at 161.4 (was 157 two weeks ago)

Coke
07-12-2007, 06:21 AM
Young man is off to a nice start, fine efforts in here - keep it up!!

Herandi
07-12-2007, 09:12 AM
thanks coke that means a lot coming from you, i've seen your lifts, your a monster! i shall get there some day, but that day is long long away ;)

Herandi
07-12-2007, 03:37 PM
12/7/07

Quad dominant, hamstring accessory, biceps

SQUATS ATF (i've only done proper ATF squats a few times shamefully, wasted a lot of time with parallels. Ah well live and learn i guess)
132x8 (60kg)
176x5 (80kg)
187x5 (85kg)
176x5 (80kg)
176x5
176x5

STANDING ALTERNATING DUMBBELL CURLS
33x5 (15kg)
39x5 (17.5kg)
39x5

132x8 (60kg)
132x8
132x8

TWO ARM HIGH CABLE PULLEY CURL
40x10 (18kg)
40x10
31x12 (14kg)

woo haven't squated properly before really legs really hurting now. Hopefully squat weight will go up quickly now i'm doing them frequently. good workout!

Noxon
07-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Solid squat session m8. Great volume... You will be feeling that tomorrow, no doubt.

Howard 9
07-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Nice squats glad you started to go deep on them, i made the same mistake as you with them when i first started squatting. I find it actually way easier on the knees to jus go deep.

Herandi
07-13-2007, 05:16 AM
Noxon - thanks buddy, and yeah im feeling it today not too bad though :p

Howard - Can't believe i wasted so much time with parallels after reading how much better ATF squats are! ATF really takes it out of you though lol

Herandi
07-15-2007, 02:37 PM
14/7/07

Vertical pull-push day: Back, shoulders, calves, abs

I tried out a new gym in my area and it is hardcore! i don't think i saw anyone below 250 lbs there except me and my buddy with me :D a lot different to my current 'old ladies' gym. the gym is spread on 4 floors with a TON of freeweights and everything i need. Gonna look for a buddy to join with and will hopefully join some time next week, looking forward to it seems a lot better atmosphere to work out in for sure.

Time in gym: ??about 1 hour 20 mins

LAT PULLDOWNS
?x8
?x8
?x8

Not sure what weight i was using but it felt heavy as hell and only found the pull up bar after i finished these :) which explains the weak pull-ups

PULL UPS
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5
BWx3

DUMBBELL SHOULDER PRESS
44x8 (20kg)
44x8
44x8
44x5
44x5

(was tired from the pull ups and lat pulldowns :()

LATERAL RAISES
14x8 (6.5kg)
14x8
14x8

This workout took a while as was just trying to find the equipment haha. NEED TO FIND A GYM BUDDY ASAP!

Just curious do all you guys train with a friend to spot you, or do you always workout alone? Does working out alone mean you don't max out the weights on some exercises?

j_man_honda
07-15-2007, 04:04 PM
It's always nice to have a partner to bang out those extra 1-2 forced reps. I hate working out by myself but if I have to do it I will. If you don't find someone immediately don't worry about it. Just ask someone in the gym to spot you when you go extra heavy.:thumbup:

pulse
07-15-2007, 05:24 PM
What grip are you using for those pullups?

And most the time I have a friend who goes with me. Its nice to have someone to chill with and spot you for those max effort days. Its not always necessary but it gives you that extra boost of confidence and I feel like I can push myself more.

Noxon
07-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Hey man, great to hear that you found a good gym! No more smith machine eh!?

Nice work on the vert push-pull.

Coke
07-16-2007, 06:16 AM
Honestly, having a workout partner can't be beat but most seem to go it alone, just ask for spots when needed...best bet is to get on in there, you will meet others at that hardcore gym who have the same goals.

Howard 9
07-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I dont really like working out with someone that much cause it is rare you do the same weight. Every once in awhile I might with a friend though, good change of pace. I still lift heavy though, I just ask someone for a spot that is in the gym. Nice workout though.

Herandi
07-17-2007, 01:38 PM
j man honda - yeah i will prob just ask someone there to spot me if i can

pulse - Palms away from me grip for now, about shoulder width grip not too wide, most people on this site will tell you not to go wider than shoulder width grip to avoid rotator cuff injuries

Noxon - Thanks man, and no more smith machine for me!

CoCoa - yeah i should be able to meet people there with the same goals as me hopefully

Howard - i think you're right, going with a partner can slow you down, whilst asking for a spot when u need it is probably the best option :)

Herandi
07-17-2007, 01:59 PM
17/7/07

Horizontal push-pull day: Back, chest, calves, abs

Time in gym: 1 hour 20???

FLAT BARBELL BENCH
88x5 (40kg)
132x5 (60kg)
143x5 (65kg)
149x5 (67.5kg)
143x5 (65kg)

BARBELL ROWS
110x5 (50kg)
143x5 (65kg) (PR + 11lbs)
143x5
132x5 (60kg)
132x5

INCLINE DB BENCH
55x8 (25kg)
50x8 (20kg)
50x8

SEATED CABLE ROWS
216x8 (98kg)
200x8 (91kg)
200x8

SEATED CALF RAISES
88x8 (40kg)
99x8 (45kg)
99x8

solid workout strength increasing gradually. Last time at this gym possibly.

Howard 9
07-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Nice benching and rowing man, i am practically gonna be doing the same workout tomorrow.

Noxon
07-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Looking solid man, great work with the PR on those heavy rows.

pulse
07-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Good work man. I must say I am jealous of those bb rows! Is your skin turning green yet?

Coke
07-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Nice chest and back workout bro.

Herandi
07-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Howard - thanks man, i think horizontal push pull day is my favourite workout yet not my strongest

Noxon - thanks man

Pulse - Thanks dude, and not yet, i have a LONG way to go before then ;)

Cocoa - Thanks for the support man

Herandi
07-19-2007, 05:10 PM
19/7/07

Time in gym: 40 mins

Gym (crappy current gym) was busy as hell. This is what i managed to do before i got annoyed and left :bang:

WEIGHTED DIPS
22x8 (10kg)
22x8
22x8

SQUAT
132x5 (60kg)
176x5 (80kg)
198x5 (90kg) (ATF PR + 11lbs)
187x5 (85kg)

DB CURLS
39x5 (17.5kg)
39x5
39x5

Noxon
07-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Great squatting there, guy. Nice PR!

j_man_honda
07-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Nice squattin!!! You are smaller than me, have less experience and can squat more:swear: ...I hate you...just kidding. I just started squatting myself and am trying to get my form down. How's your bulk going? Any weight gain?

pulse
07-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Nice squats man! Btw are ur numbers in kg or lbs?

Howard 9
07-20-2007, 12:35 AM
nice squatting man, good job on the pr.

Coke
07-20-2007, 06:32 AM
Huge ATF squat PR, doing fine guy.

Herandi
07-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Nox, Howard, Coke - thanks for the support guys

J man - thanks, i too will lower the weight down to work on my squat form next week so we will be in the same boat. and i the bulks going good. I forgot how much fun bulking is, gonna weigh myself thursday which i think will be a month into the bulk. Aiming for about 2-3 pounds gain per month and started at 157 plus water weight hoping for about 162/163 ish.

Pulse - thanks for the support. and the numbers are definately in pounds lol, i can only wish to be pushing those numbers in kilos ;)

Herandi
07-21-2007, 07:03 PM
21/7/07

Vertical push pull day: Back, Shoulders, calves, abs

Time in gym: 30 mins

Was in a rush (again), had to pick my brother up and was busy with family all day so had to squeeze this workout in the morning.

PULL UPS / DUMBBELL SHOULDER PRESS (superset)
BWx5 / 33x5 (15kg) (each arm)
BW+11x5 (Bw+5kg)(PR + 11lbs/5kg) / 50x5 (22.5kg)
BW+11x5 / 50x5
BW+11x5 / 44x5 (20kg)
BWx5 / 44x5

this tired me out so much

LAT PULLDOWNS
211x8 (96kg)
211x8
211x8

not the greatest of workouts as i was rushing. Feel like i haven't done abs/calves properly in weeks as they are the muscles that get neglected if i run out of time.

Coke
07-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Supersets really are a great help when pressed for time, nice effort.

pulse
07-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Nice man! Good to see you made the best of your short time in the gym. That superset would have beat the crap out of me.

Howard 9
07-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Nice pullups, very impressive man.

Herandi
07-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Coke, pulse, Howard - thanks guys

24/7/07

FLAT BB BENCH
110x5 (50kg)
110x5
132x5 (60kg)
154x3 (70kg)
165x1 (75kg) (PR) - first time i maxed out on bench

BB BO ROWS
110x5 (50kg)
132x5 (60kg)
143x5 (65kg)
143x5
132x5 (60kg)

INCLINE DB BENCH
55x8 (25kg)
55x8
50x8 (22.5kg)

SEATED CABLE ROWS
216x8 (98kg)
216x8
216x8

SEATED CALVE RAISES (on leg press machine)
110x8 (50kg)
110x8
110x8

AB WORK

Solid workout today, felt pumped and strong and got through everything quickly. Mixed up the resting time between sets as well for some variety.

j_man_honda
07-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Nice workout and congrats on the PR. You probably could have done even more if you hadn't done that 154x3. That probably took it out of you. Good job though seriously.

pulse
07-24-2007, 08:16 PM
hell yeah dude thats a solid bench pr if ive ever seen one! grats

Coke
07-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Great job maxing on the bench man.

Herandi
07-26-2007, 10:36 AM
j man - thanks, yeah i'll max out again in a few weeks and we'll see ;)
pulse - thanks man!
Coke - Thanks as always coke

Herandi
07-26-2007, 10:45 AM
26/7/07

Quad dominant, hamstring accessory, biceps

ATF SQUATS
110x5 (50kg)
176x5 (80kg)
198x5 (90kg)
204x5 (92.5kg) (PR + 6lb/2.5kg)
176x5 (80kg)

right leg hurt after the last sets, i think my knees pointed in on a few reps as i was struggling to get the weight up.

DB HAMMER CURLS
22x5 (10kg)
39x5 (17.5kg)
39x5
39x5
39x5

LEG PRESS
110x8 (50kg)
154x8 (70kg)
154x8

88x15 (40kg)
88x15
88x15

HIGH PULLEY CABLE CURL
40x10 (18kg)
51x10 (23kg)
51x10

solid workout, squat PR booooo yeah... i love lifting :)

pulse
07-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Heck yes you picked up a squat pr this week too. Grats dude!

Cards
07-26-2007, 11:53 AM
damn, nice workout man

Coke
07-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Impressive rise with the squats, good session overall.

Howard 9
07-26-2007, 02:06 PM
good squatting man way to get that pr.

fleep
07-27-2007, 10:01 AM
keep eating and lifting heavy and you will blow your goals out of the water

Noxon
07-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Nice effort Herandi, way to push yourself to pick up the PR's!

Herandi
07-29-2007, 06:02 AM
Pulse, Cards, Coke, Howard, fleep, Noxon - Thanks! appreciate the support guys

Herandi
07-29-2007, 06:16 AM
28/7/07

Vertical push-pull day: Back, shoulders, calves, abs

PULL UPS
BWx5
BW+11x5 (BW+5kg)
BW+11x5
BW+11x5
BW+11x5
BWx5

SEATED DB SHOULDER PRESS
50x5 (22.5kg) (each arm)
50x5
50x5
44x5 (20kg)
44x5

LAT PULLDOWNS (close grip)
200x8 (91kg)
211x8 (96kg)
211x8

SEATED CALVE RAISES (on leg press)
88x8
99x8
99x8

WEIGHTED AB WORK

Quick, solid workout. Although no PR's on any individual set, all the exercises are getting stronger especially pull-ups, which i could only do about BWx1 a few months ago :)

Noxon
07-29-2007, 07:58 AM
Good work man, definitely getting stronger doing your 5RM PR for every set on the pull ups. Lookin' good!

Cards
07-29-2007, 12:24 PM
awesome workout ], nice pullups. I'm still stuck on my BW for them, just kills me after 5 sets. over all great job man

Herandi
07-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Noxon - thanks buddy, yep definately getting stronger, tip of the iceberg though ;)

Cards - thanks a lot man, pull-ups i'm getting a lot better at, i could barely manage 5 pull ups x body weight a few months ago, but workout out back a lot more now with BGB and strenth is progressing nicely, you'll get there just keep at it

Herandi
07-29-2007, 01:35 PM
29/7/07

RDL's
110x5 (50kg)
154x5 (70kg)
165x5 (75kg) (PR+5.5lbs/2.5kg)
171x5 (77.5kg) (PR+5.5lbs/2.5kg)
165x5 (75kg)

WEIGHTED DIPS
BW+22x8 (BW+10kg)
BW+22x8
BW+22x8

143x8 (65kg)
143x8
143x8

INCLINE DUMBBELL FLYES
33x10 (15kg)
39x10 (17.5kg)
39x10

SEATED LEG EXTENTIONS
125x10 (57kg)
125x10
125x10

Good workout, strength increasing on almost everything

Howard 9
07-29-2007, 04:40 PM
nice dips man, good to see the strength coming up.

pulse
07-29-2007, 08:43 PM
Nice dips! And nice pullups the other day. Im looking into some set routines since Ive modified mine so much its hardly a routine anymore how are you liking your modified bgb?

Coke
07-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Covered a lot of ground with those back-to-back efforts, nice job.

Cards
07-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks man, btw the workouts looking awesome. Nice PR on the RDL's and nice hammer curls, one of my favorite exercises man.

Herandi
07-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Howard - Thanks dude, yep strange increasing consistently
pulse - Thanks pulse, i think all my lifts are really weak at the moment, well compared to where i want to be in the future, but i think for my size (6'1 163 lbs - skinny as hell) im reasonably strong at the moment, just looking forward to big size and strength increases in the future. BGB is really a fantastic routine, when you've had enough of your routine i would definately switch to it, and btw don't read too much into my modifications (due to lack of equipment in my gym rather than choice - although changing gyms thursday!)
Coke - thanks coke, strength increasing slowly
Cards - Thanks buddy, RDLS are weak as hell just started them really and wanted to ease into them due to lower back problems in the past. Hammer curls are sweet, i much prefer them to DB curls

on a side note, i really felt the close grip lat pulldowns in my lats a lot more than wide grip, gonna switch to these permanently now. I WANT WINGS!

Herandi
07-31-2007, 01:27 PM
for anyone who's used creatine before, did you notice big strength decreases when you came of it????

Herandi
07-31-2007, 01:47 PM
31/7/07

FLAT BB BENCH
110x5 (50kg)
132x5 (60kg)
154x4 + 1 spotted (70kg)
149x4 + 1 spotted (67.5kg)
143x5 (65kg)

BB BO ROW
110x5 (50kg)
132x5 (60kg)
143x5 (65kg)
132x5 (60kg)

INCLINE DB PRESS
55x8 (25kg)
55x8
55x8

SEATED CABLE ROW
216x8 (98kg)
216x8
216x8

88x12 (40kg)
88x10
88x10

WEIGHTED AB WORK

good workout even though didn't eat much during the day, membership for my gym ran out today so first workout at new gym will be on thursday.

GroundControl
07-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Nice rowin man, good journal overall, you'll be Hulk one day !

pulse
07-31-2007, 04:35 PM
for anyone who's used creatine before, did you notice big strength decreases when you came of it????

Never came off of it, but thinking of what creatine does I would suspect little to no decrease (expecially if you just stopped). But then again what do i know.. Maybe its all in your head? Remember its just as mental as it is physical.

PS: Nice lifts. I didnt realize you were only like 160ish so you only got like 15lbs on me! Got me on height tho... not much i can do there :(

Coke
08-01-2007, 05:41 AM
Good chest and back workout dude.

Noxon
08-03-2007, 05:39 AM
Nice horizontal day there H man!

Herandi
08-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Went to the new gym yesterday. Spent time finding all the equipment, my first heavy barbell squats! gonna work on my form for the big 3 for the next few weeks, and try some new exercises out now that i have all the equipment a guy could want :)

Howard 9
08-03-2007, 01:17 PM
how much weight did you do?

Herandi
08-04-2007, 06:21 PM
howard - did about 160, not very heavy but seems it for the first time when your not used to having to balance it yourself haha

pulse
08-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Oh crap you had been using the smith machine the whole time? Im interested to see how you do with this new gym. Good luck!

Herandi
08-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Pulse - yeah pulse i'd been using the smith for it, i had no choice, i do now ;) thanks man

Herandi
08-07-2007, 06:52 PM
TIME TO STEP THINGS UP!!!

OK joined good gym got all the equipment i need, no more excuses :)

j_man_honda
08-07-2007, 07:42 PM
TIME TO STEP THINGS UP!!!

OK joined good gym got all the equipment i need, no more excuses :)

Nice:hump: .....Now lets see u really transform into the HULK:whip: !!!! LOL.... By the way, do u have any starting pics?

Herandi
08-07-2007, 08:08 PM
7/8/07

cals stepped up to 3500 (eating right now :burger:)

joined new gym today, tried out some new exercises

BB BENCH

110x5 (50kg)
136x5 (60kg)
157x3 (70kg)
143x5 (65kg)
143x4

Wanted to max out on bench but didn't have a spotter grrr...

Balance still not 100%, new to barbell bench, hopefully this moves up fast in the next few weeks.

SEATED CALVE RAISES

44x8 (20kg)
88x8 (40kg)
88x8

first time doing these on proper calve raise machine, dunno why i did these before t bar rows, legs were shaking like hell lol

T BAR ROWS (wide grip)

88x8 (40kg)
110x8 (50kg)
110x8

First time doing these, like 'em a lot

INCLINE DB PRESS

55x8 (25kg)
55x8
55x8

DB BENT OVER RAISES (done v slowly)

12x8 (5.5kg)
12x8

chucked these in as i felt like my rear delts are lagging

HAMMER HIGH ROW

88x6 (40kg)
176x6 (80kg)
176x6

First time doing these too :D

WEIGHTED DECLINE SIT UPS

good workout, time to step up with the exercises & weight :hump:

Herandi
08-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Nice:hump: .....Now lets see u really transform into the HULK:whip: !!!! LOL.... By the way, do u have any starting pics?

i'll post up starting pics in a new thread soon, probs 3 month progress pics, i don't wanna post until i can make a comparison lol. Just concentrating on eating clean, and improving strength wise, hopefully the weight will come soon :)

Natetaco
08-07-2007, 08:31 PM
nice benching man:thumbup:

Herandi
08-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Natetaco - thanks, i wanna be hitting 180x5 in the next couple of months though

pulse
08-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Nice workout - how did the new gym workout for you?

Herandi
08-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Pulse - really good actually, like it a lot. It's got everything i need there really. I feel like the smallest guy in the gym but it gives me motivation! :shoot:

Coke
08-08-2007, 06:13 AM
You'll own your new gym in a few, make no mistake man...nice session.

Herandi
08-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Coke - hopefully one day haha, thanks for support

9/8/07

Quad dominant, Hamstring accessory, biceps

ATF SQUATS
132x5 (60kg)
176x5 (80kg)
198x5 (90kg) (heck smith machine squats don't count, thats a PR baby!)
187x5 (85kg)
176x5 (80kg)

SEATED DUMBELL CURLS
33x7 (15kg)
33x7

SEATED HAMMER CURLS
33x10 (15kg)
33x10

LEG PRESS
154x8 (70kg)
176x8 (80kg)
187x8 (85kg)

LYING LEG CURLS (first time doing these)
2/14x15
2/14x15
2/14x15

Good day in the gym, squat form definately improving, knees not buckling like they used too, glad to get a PR too. Nobody in the leg room except me, basically had the place all to myself :D

pulse
08-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Were those your first squats without the smith machine? If so... how the heck did you like em? (They are probably one of my fav excercises cause almost no1 in the gym does them and if they do 90% of those select few suck... bad)

Herandi
08-10-2007, 03:44 AM
Pulse - yeah well my first proper barbell squats really going for it. I love em lol. I wanted to max out but didn't have a spotter! i need to set myself some goals hmm.... 250 in the near future ;)

Coke
08-10-2007, 05:52 AM
Fine effort bro, on a roll with it all.

Kong
08-11-2007, 06:50 AM
Making good progress

BBB
08-11-2007, 07:00 AM
Nice PR. ;)

Herandi
08-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Coke - Thanks as always, yeah strength seems to be coming up on pretty much everything, i'm convinced i have a lot more energy now because i'm eating clean haha, either way its all good

Kong - Thanks for stopping by, and to answer your question in your journal, i'm from Brighton, sure you heard of it, great in the summer really, hot girls everywhere you look ;) ever been here??

BBB - thanks for the support! :)

Herandi
08-11-2007, 08:06 PM
11/8/07

Vertical push-pull day: Shoulders, back, calves (gonna be renamed 'WING DAY' - although i don't have any wings to workout yet :()

PULL UPS
BWx5
BW+22x5 (BW+10kg) (PR+11lbs/5kg)
BW+22x5
BW+11x5 (BW+5kg)
BW+11x5

SEATED MILITARY PRESS (on smith...read below)
99x5 (45kg)
110x5 (50kg)
105x5 (47.5kg)
99x5 (45kg)
99x5

LAT PULLDOWNS (close grip)
some weight x8x3

99x10
99x10
99x10

BENT OVER LATERAL RAISES
13x6 (6kg)
13x6
13x6

A workout with at least 1 PR is a good workout in my opionion :D i had to use my old local gym as i forgot that my new one closes at 4pm on saturdays :bang: . I forgot how crap my old gym was, and i swear there was one guy who was there before i got there and was still there when i left, who spent the whole time doing what seemed like a bazillion different curl variations tuttut . Pull-ups feeling a lot stronger, next week i will go for high reps on this day, should be able to do something like bwx12x3. forced to do millies on the smith as barbells are limited to 100lbs :shoot: . Did the lat pulldowns close grip and very slowly trying to isolate the lats, i want wings dammit...

Exam results in 4 days eeeeeeeeek

KingWilder
08-11-2007, 08:27 PM
lookin' good in here

if you want to bring your lats up and don't mind taking 4-5 weeks off of BGB you should look at Get Built Issue 4 (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=280) about block specializtion

Cards
08-11-2007, 09:06 PM
nice pr's man, looking strong. I'm also looking for those "wings" eventually

Kong
08-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Never been to Brighton no. We tried to drive there when i was working away in Birkinhead but somehoe ended up in New Brighton in Wales due to my friends sat nav!?! Youll have to come to good old Donny one day to train, come and lift with fatty at the filth pit i train in. One tip on the squats, tense your abs as hard as you can and look up during the lift. Looking up seems to keep my back arched and my plane of movement straighter. Hot girls are always good

Herandi
08-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Mike - thanks a lot for stopping by, yeah i read that issue, and i might implement it for the lats, but probably not just yet, i need to gain some more mass, and then if i think they're still lagging i might give it a go.

Cards - thanks man, the 'wings' are my ultimate goal lol, main reason i started BGB really. I've really slowed down the negative part on pull ups and close grip lat pulldowns, and this really stretches my (basically non-existent) lats, and i find this works them well. Hopefully they'll be popping out in a few months or so ;)

Kong - lmfao you ended up in wales, thats no where near here haha. When i get a bit bigger and stronger i'll come visit you ;) how old are you by the way? thanks for the squat advise, i think i just need practice really.

Herandi
08-12-2007, 08:42 AM
12/8/07

Hamstring dominant, quad accessory, triceps

Was running v. late to the gym today, got there at 1.30 they close at 2 (woops). Anyway here's what i managed to do.

RDL'S
132x5 (60kg) (wu)
176x5 (80kg) (PR+5.5lbs/2.5kg)
176x5
176x5
154x5 (70kg)

Still working on my RDL form, and realised that my grip is so weak. On the last set i used a mixed grip and this felt a lot easier, will be using this from now on for these, should be able to lift heavier.

LEG PRESS (high foot placement)
88x8 (40kg)
132x8 (60kg)
132x8

dammit no time for tricep dips or DE bench :bang: . oh well

Kong
08-12-2007, 08:49 AM
I was 22 in July. Get some chalk.I use rock climbing chalk balls - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAGNESIUM-OXIDE-CHALK-BALL-FOR-INDOOR-OUTDOOR-CLIMBING_W0QQitemZ130141411149QQihZ003QQcategoryZ97046QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I love chalk. Sometimes i use straps if i want to really burn my back out on the last set of a row or shrugs, seems to make it easier to focus on feeling the muscle coz you dont have to worry about your grip

Coke
08-14-2007, 05:17 AM
Seems like most guys like the mixed grip for deads, I can't even get into them, lol...nice PR with them romans.

Herandi
08-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Kong - i will buy some chalk, feel like a pussy though using it with the smallest weights, i like the mixed grip a lot better will use that from now on and see if my grip still bothers me. I'll be 18 in November. You've got 4 years on me, and lots of weight and strength lol.

Coke - Thanks man, you don't like mixed grip? suppose everyone's different, but i love it!

Herandi
08-14-2007, 11:42 AM
14/8/07

Horizontal push-pull day: Chest, back, calves

Time in gym: 50 mins

BB BENCH
88x10 (40kg) (wu)
132x5 (60kg)
154x5 (70kg) (PR+2R)
149x5 (67.5kg)
149x5

T BAR ROWS (v. new to these :p )
77x10 (35kg)
88x10 (40kg)
88x10

SEATED CALF RAISES
88x8 (40kg)
66x12 (30kg)
66x12

INCLINE DB PRESS (weight on each hand)
52x11 (23.5kg)
52x9
44x12 (20kg)

ONE ARM DB ROW
33x12 (15kg)
33x12
33x12

Except for BB bench i only rested 1 min between sets. Decided to do a high rep day for a change, and realised my muscular endurance is shameful. I will do a 3 week cycle of something like 4-6 reps for 2 weeks then 8-12 reps for 1 week with max effort days in here and there, and see how that goes. Hadn't really done above 8 reps for ages on most exercises and i came out the gym DRENCHED in sweat, felt good :D.

cals moved up from 3500 to 3650, as not gaining as fast as i would like, weighed in this morning at 164lbs, hoping to be AT LEAST 168lbs in 6 weeks time, and will take some progress pics ;)

pulse
08-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Damn just as Im closing in on bench you step it up! In 6 weeks I would hope you have gained more than 4lbs :). Good luck! You need to go on the bako diet. Hes gaining like crazy.

Coke
08-15-2007, 05:44 AM
I'm hearing you man, the high rep work is killer and takes some getting used to...did well just the same.

Herandi
08-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Pulse - hell yeah i stepped it up baby! well yeah maybe 6 pounds or something, im doing this sloooow though ;) i might switch to his diet though if i get frustrated haha

Coke - it def takes some getting used to, but makes a nice change! thanks man

Herandi
08-16-2007, 11:03 AM
16/8/07

Quad dominant, hamstring accessory, triceps

Time in gym: 45 mins
Rest between sets: 1 minute

ATF SQUATS
110x10 (wu) (50kg)
154x10 (70kg)
160x10 (72.5kg)
160x10
154x10 (70kg)

LEG PRESS
110x12 (50kg)
110x12
110x12

TRICEP DIPS
BWx12
BWx12
BWx12

LEG CURLS
2/14x15
2/14x12
2/14x12

Dang man, high rep squats are a killerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... couldn't stand after this and the leg press!

decided to do my triceps on quad dominant day & biceps on hammy day (switched them around)

Kong
08-16-2007, 11:14 AM
I hate squatting over 5 reps. It would probably do me good if i did but i cant even bear the 10 rep warmup with 60kg, it just...isnt...right

j_man_honda
08-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Nice leg workout....... I think you have me beat at squats:mad: I'll have to try and outdo u when I do legs 2morrow... lol

Noxon
08-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Wing day, I love it! hahaha... Are you a writer or something? The word play is great. I remember reading your journal on day 1 just because of the title. hahah.

Fantastic work in here man. I've been gone a while and it is good to see how far you've come in those few weeks. Keep at it! Bet it's nice to be at the new gym eh?

Bako Lifter
08-16-2007, 08:10 PM
I hate squatting over 5 reps. It would probably do me good if i did but i cant even bear the 10 rep warmup with 60kg, it just...isnt...right

Agreed. I don't even go above 8 when I warm up with the bar.

Nice liftin' Herandi.

Herandi
08-17-2007, 04:18 AM
Kong - yeah it feels really weird, and the morning after you'll wish you hadn't lol
J man - i do huh? i don't think i've seen ANY squats in your journal, what's that about man get on it!
Noxon - i just want wings so bad haha. Thanks, yeah the ball seems to be rolling now i found a good gym. Good to have you back man!
Bako - thanks for stopping by, and yeah high rep squats are...brutal :p

Coke
08-17-2007, 06:38 AM
Leg day is lookin sweet, even got you some tricep dips in the mix.

Kong
08-18-2007, 12:30 AM
I have no wings :mad: Maybe when i can one day do 10 pullups with a 50kg dumbell chained to me and barbell rows with 200kg ill have em. Oh yeah, by then i should be deadlifting 320kg aswell...in the year 2050 when the world is populated by half mice half spider hybrids that feed on the souls of bon jovi fans!

Herandi
08-18-2007, 08:11 AM
18/8/07

Vertical push-pull day: back, shoulders, calves, abs

CHIN-UPS
BWx10
BWx8
BWx8

Switched chin ups for pull ups, which is why they're so weak

DB SHOULDER PRESS
44x10 (20kg)
44x8
44x8

CG LAT PULLDOWN
5/15x10
6x15x10
5/15x10

BO LATERAL RAISES
12x10 (5.5kg)
12x10

WEIGHTED AB WORK

Notes: forgot the calf work woops, kind of rushing too, didn't feel that energetic today, maybe because i forgot to take my creatine until 20 mins before my workout. Not a terrible workout

Kong
08-18-2007, 08:18 AM
If i were you mate id throw out the bent laterals as they do nothing for me. Do seated bb press 5x5 and db presses 3x8, that should do fine. Thats only my opinion though.

Noxon
08-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Good work Herandi. Maybe consider taking the creatine post-workout instead of pre-workout. It is metabolized very quickly and then it is either absorbed into the muscles (within 5 minutes of consumption) or turned into waste and excreted. It is absorbed more fully after the muscles have been thoroughly worked over. Creatine supplementation is more about building up and replenishing stores in your muscles rather than providing energy pre-workout (Although if you are using a creatine product that includes a bunch of carbohydrates in the mix, then perhaps you are feeling some energy boost from that).

For energy before and during workouts, I find that a big 2:1 carb:protein shake made with water works really well. Besides, Built wrote an article about it, so it must be true! For carbs, use maltodextrin and/or dextrose.

Edit... 2 : 1 carb : protein ratio. LOL

Herandi
08-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Kong - i only did the lat raises because my rear delts are really lagging and i thought that this might help. I'm gonna try standing military presses next week though as a 5x5 and see how that works.

Noxon - thanks man, i actualy take half the daily dose before workout and half an hour after. I read here (http://www.absolute-creatine.com/9.htm) that its best to take it 1 hour before your workout with capsules i think. A shake would prob help too though thanks :p

Coke
08-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Not a terrible workout

Back & shoulder session not bad at all, keep it up.

UK2BB
08-18-2007, 10:09 PM
nice

Kong
08-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Try some face pulls for rear delts on either back or delt day

Noxon
08-19-2007, 12:29 AM
I was going to suggest same as Kong. Face pulls and DB rows are super stuff for rear delts.

Kong
08-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Try doing a DB row but with your elbow as far out to the side as you can.

Kong
08-19-2007, 12:43 AM
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidPosterior/DBLyingRearDeltRow.html
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidPosterior/DBRearDeltRow.html

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidPosterior/BBRearDeltRow.html
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidPosterior/BBLyingRearDeltRow.html
Last ones my favourite, makes your entire upper back feel awesome!

Herandi
08-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Coke - yeah wasnt that bad eh? thanks man

UK2BB - you know dat!

Noxon & Kong - thanks for the input guys, i like the look of dumbbell rear delt rows, might give them a try next week.

Herandi
08-19-2007, 08:18 AM
19/8/07

Hamstring dominant day, quad accessory, biceps, chest (light)

RDLS
88x8 (40kg) (wu)
154x8 (70kg)
154x8
154x8

LEG PRESS (high foot placement)
110x12 (50kg)
110x12
110x12

SEATED LEG EXTENSIONS
47x10
41x10
41x10

INCLINE DUMBBELL FLYES
33x12 (15kg)
39x12 (17.5kg)
39x12

STANDING HAMMER CURLS
33x10 (15kg)
33x10

Notes
not bad workout, back is a bit injured so didn't go 100% on the RDLS. The leg extension machine is weird, it doesnt say what the weights in, i'm guessing KG. Did the incline flyes slowly squeezing at top and got a giant pump from it haha, the hammer curls were also done slowly.

UK2BB
08-19-2007, 08:35 AM
good stuff.
i will be bulking october the 1st!

Noxon
08-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Excellent stuff H-man.

j_man_honda
08-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Nice lifting Herandi..... Hammer curls and deads are lookin strong.:nod:

Coke
08-20-2007, 01:23 AM
Effort is looking fine guy.

Herandi
08-20-2007, 11:38 AM
UK2BB - bring on the bulk!
Nox - tanks!
J man - thanks man, deads weren't 100%, they will be next week ;)
Coke - thanks coke, i always put the effort in honest!

pulse
08-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Nice workout man. Whats this about back being a little bit injured? Did I miss something bad? :(

Herandi
08-21-2007, 04:31 AM
pulse - not really, just hurt it playing golf on a driving range haha. took a few crazy swings and missed, its a good way to get injured :nod:

Herandi
08-21-2007, 05:52 PM
21/8/07

Horizontal push-pull day: Chest, back, calves, abs

ME BENCH
88x8 (40kg)
110x3 (50kg)
121x3 (55kg)
132x3 (60kg)
160x1 (72.5kg)
176x1 (80kg) (nearly failed) (PR+5kg/11lbs)

T BAR ROWS
88x7
110x7 (OUCH! read notes...)

INCLINE DB BENCH
61x7 (27.5kg)
61x7
61x7

SEATED CALF RAISES
77x12 (35kg) (PR+5kg/11lbs)
77x12
77x12

WEIGHTED AB WORK

Notes
Worked out with member UK2BB, was fun! First time really maxing out properly on bench i suppose, and it felt good :cool:. Thought my back was kind of injured which is why i didn't do deadlifts (added these onto horizontal day), but then tried a few sets of T Bars and the left side of my back was in agony, hopefully better by wing day (sat)! Good workout some nice PR's, db bench is getting back to where it was at the end of my bulk so really happy about that.

j_man_honda
08-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Nice workout bro... Way to bang out those PR's. Damn your DB presses are strong! Very impressive man. Those t-bars will kill your back if your not careful. Congrats on that benchpress PR. I challenge you to bench 200lbs. by Oct. 31st...:evillaugh... Don't let me down...:nod:

Kong
08-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Chest strength improving quickly. Good goin.

Herandi
08-22-2007, 04:51 AM
J man - yeah thanks man db presses are getting up there. I def shouldn't have worked out my back when it was injured i might have to pay for that in the future :(. 200 by Oct 31st! too easy! make it 220 and you have a deal!
Kong - thanks mate

Coke
08-22-2007, 06:40 AM
The red in here is looking sweet, taking care of business with them PRs.

Herandi
08-23-2007, 07:53 PM
23/8/07

ME SQUAT (ATF)
88x5 (40kg)
132x5 (60kg)
176x3 (80kg)
198x3 (90kg)
220x1 (100kg) (PR!)
231x1 (105kg) (PR!)
242x1 (110kg) (PR again!)

TRICEP DIPS
33x5 (15kg) (PR+5kg/11lbs)
33x5
33x5
33x5
33x5

LEG PRESS
176x7 (80kg)
176x7
176x7

Worked out with member UK2BB again. Decided to max out on squats for the first time really :D. Good workout, kept it short and sweet.

Coke
08-24-2007, 06:08 AM
Sweet leg day, nice dips too bro.

Herandi
08-25-2007, 05:07 AM
thanks coke, im trying!

Noxon
08-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Great squats and dips there H-Man, looking strong. What's up with your back? Hope that gets better man.

Ramstein85
08-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Man you're squats are nice. Wish i could squat :p

BUT I BEAT YOU ON THE LEG PRESS!!! i pressed 150 kg (dunno if the machine has a weight if it does + that) for 10 reps just to see if icould do it. THose weights were there before, 3x 25s on each side :P. But once again, nice squats. SOme dude told me you're meant to be able to squat 3x your body weight, is this true?

pulse
08-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Damn dude nice bench and squat max. Im falling way behind! I need to get back on my routine.

Herandi
08-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Nox - thanks as always, hurt my back playing golf at a driving range, didn't think it was that bad at first, but i think it's worse than i thought :(. Leaving gym yesterday and today and gonna see how it is on tuesday.
Ramstein85 - leg presses don't mean jack! squats > leg press. Either way nice job haha. And about squatting 3x your bodyweight, thats difficult, something to aim for i guess haha.
Pulse - thakns for dropping by it's been a while. Hope your job's going ok for you, and don't fall behind b****! ;)

Herandi
08-26-2007, 05:51 AM
weighed in today at 164.6, .6 pounds up from 6 days ago, which is exactly where i wanna be (gaining about 3 pounds per month). on 3750 calories at the moment.

Cards
08-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Nice progress dude, and the pr's are flying up left and right. I'm getting kind of sick of WBB 1.1, do you like BGB?

Herandi
08-26-2007, 10:08 AM
thanks man. BGB is the best routine i've used really, i love the way its set up. I used it to work on my weak back. It covers everything really. Start it soon!

Herandi
08-28-2007, 10:23 AM
28/8/07

Time in gym: 1 hour 15 mins

DEADS
88x5 (40kg)(wu)
176x5 (80kg)
198x5 (90kg)
198x5
198x5

BB BENCH
110x5 (50kg)
154x5 (70kg)
154x3 (70kg) (read below...)

DB INCLINE BENCH
61x7 (27.5kg)
61x7
61x7

SEATED CALVE RAISES
88x12 (40kg) (PR+5kg/11lbs)
88x12
88x12

WEIGHTED AB WORK

Notes

Kind of a crappy workout. Hadn't done regular deads for ages and they were pretty weak. Also i didn't want to go 100% because back doesn't feel completely ok yet. Skipped T bar rows because of this too. Although i did 154x5 bench last week i wanted to go for 160x5 today. The first set of 154 felt heavier than last week. I thought i'd go for another set of 154 but on the 3rd rep my shoulders and arms gave way, really close to dropping it on my head, stupid me should have got a spotter. in the process my nose started bleeding, not good haha. Think my bench was so weak because i did deads first, so will do bench first next week.

fleep
08-28-2007, 01:38 PM
lookin good bro keep lifting heavy and eating a lot!

j_man_honda
08-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Damn man sounded like a rough workout..... Good to see ya didn't quit though. Spotters are always good to have. Anyways lovin the progress bro.....

Herandi
08-29-2007, 05:08 AM
fleep - thanks man i will! thanks for dropping by
J man - yeah was rough lol. I NEED TO FIND A GYM BUDDY ASAP, otherwise i'm gonna be dropping weights on my head every session... thanks man.

Coke
08-29-2007, 06:14 AM
I'm hearing you man, workout partners do come in handy at times...session is not looking bad, keep on it.

Herandi
08-30-2007, 09:09 AM
coke - yeah they sure do. ah well...

30/8/07

Time in gym: 35 mins

SQUATS (a$$ to floor)
132x5 (60kg)
176x5 (80kg)
198x5 (90kg)
204x5 (92.5kg) (PR+2.5kg/5.5lbs woooo!)
187x5 (85kg)

LEG PRESS
198x7 (90kg) (PR+10kg/22lbs)
198x7
198x7

this was all i had time for. Happy with squat progress. Workout was short and sweet :hump:

Cards
08-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Beastly squats going on there and even if the leg press is a machine , nice effort, I hate them my self. Nice benching the other day as well, don't you hate when you know the numbers could be higher but you wore your self out on something else.

j_man_honda
08-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Nice workout bro... You definately have me beat on squats I think. Maybe you have short legs. JK

Coke
08-31-2007, 05:30 AM
...Happy with squat progress.

No doubt man, should be pleased with the leg training and overall.

Herandi
09-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Beastly squats going on there and even if the leg press is a machine , nice effort, I hate them my self. Nice benching the other day as well, don't you hate when you know the numbers could be higher but you wore your self out on something else.

thanks man, leg press does suck, i just hate lunges and leg extensions lol. And yeah pissed off about bench day. I wanna hit 165x5 on tuesday for a PR, i'll have to make sure i don't do deadlifts first haha...

Nice workout bro... You definately have me beat on squats I think. Maybe you have short legs. JK

thanks j maayn. My legs are long and thin like twigs lol, maybe they're strong :cool: . My deads have a long way to catch up to you though for sure!

No doubt man, should be pleased with the leg training and overall.

thanks coke, its getting there slowly

Herandi
09-01-2007, 01:34 PM
1/9/07

Vertical push pull: back, shoulders, calves, abs

CHIN UPS
BW+22x5 (10kg) (PR!)
BW+22x5
BW+22x5
BW+22x4
BW+22x4

CALF RAISES
110x5 (50kg)
110x5
110x5
110x5
110x5

STANDING MILLIES
88x5 (40kg)
99x5 (45kg)
99x5
99x3 (ARGH!)

HAMMER HIGH ROW (one arm at a time)
132x7 (60kg)
154x7 (70kg)
143x7

DUMBBELL REAR DELT ROW
39x7 (17.5kg)
39x7
39x7

Notes
good to get a pr on the chins. Thought i'd try something for rear delts, and i like the dumbbell rear delt rows. First time doing millies standing, dunno if they were bad because i did chins before, or because of form, anyway something to work on...

Ramstein85
09-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Man i struggle to do 5x5 chin ups with my body weight :P haha nice work there. My shoulder/lat strength to body weight ratio must sucketh indeed. One step closer to hulk level :D

Herandi
09-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Man i struggle to do 5x5 chin ups with my body weight :P haha nice work there. My shoulder/lat strength to body weight ratio must sucketh indeed. One step closer to hulk level :D

haha. a few months ago i struggled to do 5 chin ups lol. Practice my friend! When you get 5x5 bw start adding weight on. thanks for dropping by, long way to go until hulk level! btw saw in one of your posts that you fast, i'm also muslim and have done it before. But not gonna be able to do it this year if i'm bulking lol.

Noxon
09-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Great PR on the chins Hulkster, nice progress there. Standing millies are just harder than seated ones... Don't worry about it. Mine dropped a lot too when I switched (Almost 20 lbs). After a couple weeks they improved quite a bit.

Herandi
09-02-2007, 05:19 AM
thanks nox, i just find i couldn't balance and get the drive. i'll stick with em!

weighed myself this morning: 166.6 baby! up 2 pounds

Herandi
09-02-2007, 09:04 AM
2/9/07

Hamstring dominant day, quad accessory, biceps

RDLS
88x5 (40kg)
176x5 (80kg)
187x5 (85kg) (PR+5kg/11lbs)
187x5
187x5

LEG PRESS
132x12 (60kg)
132x12
132x12

INCLINE DUMBBELL FLYES
41x12 (18.5kg) (PR+1kg/2.2lbs)
41x12

STANDING DB CURLS
36x5 (16.5kg)
36x5
36x5
36x5
36x5

Coke
09-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Fine back-to-back efforts bro.

Cards
09-03-2007, 10:54 AM
all I keep seeing is PR's and heavy weights. Keep it coming :thumbup:

Kong
09-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Stengths shootin up man, good stuff

Ramstein85
09-03-2007, 04:44 PM
haha. a few months ago i struggled to do 5 chin ups lol. Practice my friend! When you get 5x5 bw start adding weight on. thanks for dropping by, long way to go until hulk level! btw saw in one of your posts that you fast, i'm also muslim and have done it before. But not gonna be able to do it this year if i'm bulking lol.

Lol yeah but i reckon the fasting will do my digestive system some good. let it relax a bit, then demolish it after sunset muwahhah. I have a routien all planned out so ican still workout and get my maintenance cals :D NOT GONNA BE EASY lol

Herandi
09-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Lol yeah but i reckon the fasting will do my digestive system some good. let it relax a bit, then demolish it after sunset muwahhah. I have a routien all planned out so ican still workout and get my maintenance cals :D NOT GONNA BE EASY lol

yeah man not gonna be easy. with shakes i suppose it's possible!

Herandi
09-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Fine back-to-back efforts bro.

thanks coooooooookey

all I keep seeing is PR's and heavy weights. Keep it coming :thumbup:

Cheers bud. I'll keep trying for you :p

Stengths shootin up man, good stuff

Thanks kong, i wouldn't say shootin, but rising slowly would be more accurate :p

Herandi
09-04-2007, 01:07 PM
4/9/07

FLAT BB BENCH
88x5 (40kg)
132x5 (60kg)
154x5 (70kg)
165x3 (75kg) (PR)
160x5 (72.5kg) (PR+2.5kg/5.5lbs)

DEADS
132x5 (60kg)
198x5 (90kg)
209x5 (95kg) (PR+5kg/11lbs)

INCLINE DB PRESS
61x7 (27.5kg)
61x7

Notes

Really had to rush this was all i had time for. Deads are my favourite exercise now, i actually love the 'whole body on fire' feeling from them. Glad to get the bench PR. I think i could have gone heavier on the deads for sure, there's always next week i suppose...

Ramstein85
09-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Today is my rest day, Tomorrow im deadlifting. We will see if i can get to 95 kg :P last week i did 90 and im supposed to have gotten stronger according to Bill starr! lol You beat me on the Bench press too !! ;)

Coke
09-05-2007, 05:31 AM
Way to raise up with those PRs.

Herandi
09-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Today is my rest day, Tomorrow im deadlifting. We will see if i can get to 95 kg :P last week i did 90 and im supposed to have gotten stronger according to Bill starr! lol You beat me on the Bench press too !! ;)

Yeah i got you beat on both haha. We're about even to be honest, how much you weighing now? i think you have a few pounds on me :p

Way to raise up with those PRs.

thanks coke, my numbers will catch up with yours some day :D

Ramstein85
09-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Easy there bro! Yeah we are pretty even, though it seems you are slightly stronger than I !!

Im weighing in at 189lbs. Bulking is successful although my diet has not been totally in check (not really clean) as i aint been at home and on the move ieat lots of snacks to keep my cals high. I just make sure they are full of protein though :) (Omelette with fries, 2 peice chicken meal KFC, cakes/eclairs/ice cream, lots of peanut butter in my shakes and so on )

went shopping today i got some nice stuff though!!! omg im talking too much, work your A$$ off tomorrow!! That's an order !!

Herandi
09-05-2007, 05:49 PM
slightly stronger at 13lbs lighter i may add ;). My diet is very clean at the moment tbh and peanut butter is the stuff!

Noxon
09-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Awesome work with the deads PR.

I need you to promise me something Herandi.

Think long and hard on this because I will demand video proof (And I think the rest of WBB will, too).

... But I need you to promise me that when you hit your goal of 210 lbs you will paint yourself green and go running through a shopping center smashing everything in sight. PLEASE???

Herandi
09-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Awesome work with the deads PR.

I need you to promise me something Herandi.

Think long and hard on this because I will demand video proof (And I think the rest of WBB will, too).

... But I need you to promise me that when you hit your goal of 210 lbs you will paint yourself green and go running through a shopping center smashing everything in sight. PLEASE???

thanks nox, and roflmfao i will actually do it if i get big enough! ;)

Herandi
09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
6/9/07

Rest between sets: 60 seconds

ME DEADS
132x3 (60kg)
176x2 (80kg)
220x1 (100kg)
231x1 (105kg)
242x1 (110kg) (PR!)

A$$ TO FLAW SQUATZ
132x10 (60kg)
165x10 (75kg) (PR+2.5kg/5.5lbs)
154x10 (70kg)

LEG PRESS
143x12 (65kg) (PR+5kg/11lbs)
143x12
143x12

TRICEP DIPS
BWx12
BWx10
BWx10

LYING LEG CURLS
3/15x12 (PR)
3/15x12
3/15x12

WEIGHTED AB WORK

Notes
GRRRRR! decided to kill myself at the gym today. Did deads on tuesday but as i haven't maxed out yet i thought i would. one of the hardest workouts i've ever done as the rest between sets was minimal. Really happy i managed to get a 10 rep squat pr after those deads. I love abusing myself :D...

I'm hoping my deads will shoot up now as i'm doing them a lot.

Ramstein85
09-06-2007, 06:50 PM
My god, im gonna go sleep now to rest well so i can TRY and get 1x110 kg dead. YOuuuuuu..... lol

j_man_honda
09-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Gettin stronger by the minute man.... Im seein a lot of red letters in this journal:eek: , way to go bro:nod:

Just curious but what kind of stance do you use doing deadlifts? Wide or narrow?

Coke
09-07-2007, 06:12 AM
Truly stepping to it, seeing the red everywhere in here is sweet.

Cards
09-07-2007, 08:28 AM
nice man! I'm seeing pr's left and right. Maybe ill slow down a bit and let you catch up :windup: but seriously, nice!

Noxon
09-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Nice effort with the PR's H-man, and I am glad to hear that you are planning a swath of destruction hulk-effect mode. Looking forward to the footage!

Herandi
09-08-2007, 05:12 AM
My god, im gonna go sleep now to rest well so i can TRY and get 1x110 kg dead. YOuuuuuu..... lol

And my deads are the weakest of my 3 lifts! keep up ;)

Gettin stronger by the minute man.... Im seein a lot of red letters in this journal:eek: , way to go bro:nod:

Just curious but what kind of stance do you use doing deadlifts? Wide or narrow?

Thanks man. I love red :D. I'm using narrow stance at the moment as i find it comfortable, might try some sumos soon though!

Truly stepping to it, seeing the red everywhere in here is sweet.

Thanks cokester, red is now my favourite colour :rolleyes:

nice man! I'm seeing pr's left and right. Maybe ill slow down a bit and let you catch up :windup: but seriously, nice!

Thanks dude, I know you have be beat on pretty much everything, but i'll catch up don't worry ;)

Nice effort with the PR's H-man, and I am glad to hear that you are planning a swath of destruction hulk-effect mode. Looking forward to the footage!

Tanks N-man, i'll keep you updated on the new footage i shall!

Herandi
09-08-2007, 05:16 AM
I ate like a little girl this week and fell really short on my calories on about 3 days, bodyweight is up but nothing significant: 167 lbs

off to eat 2 dozen eggs and down a 2 litre protein shake :evillaugh

Ramstein85
09-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Blad, always keep a couple of bags of Mixed nuts from Tesco next to you. they are usually 300 g bags and each 100g approx has 660cals 15.9 g proteins 4.9g carbs, 64g fat of which 8.7 are saturates, 5.5g fibre. i go through a whole bag a day sometimes... so times those stats by 3 ;)

Herandi
09-09-2007, 09:33 AM
9/9/07

Vertical push-pull day: back, shoulders, calves, abs

Time in gym: 45 mins

PULL-UPS
BW+28x4 (12.5kg) (PR)
BW+22x5 (10kg)
BW+22x5
BWx8

DB SHOULDER PRESS
50x5 (22.5kg)
55x5 (25kg) (PR+2.5kg/5.5lbs)
55x5
50x5
50x5

HAMMER HIGH ROW
176x7 (80kg)
176x7
176x7

DB REAR DELT ROW
44x7 (20kg) (PR+2.5kg/5.5lbs)
44x7
44x7

Notes

erm really strange workout. Although i managed to get a pr on the pull ups the 3rd set felt really hard, and i felt like i had no energy, then i somehow managed to get a PR on db shoulder press which i was happy about cos i was stuck at the 50's for ages. Had a sharp bad pain in my right arm the whole time i was working out i think from playing tennis the other day, hopefully better by tuesday (deads and bench :D)

Tofer
09-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Great pullup numbers, man. I gave weighted chins a shot yesterday for the first time, and now I'm absolutely in pain. I have to do 50 chinups for my bro's challenge in about an hour too. :(

Coke
09-10-2007, 05:57 AM
The session is looking nice and varied dude.

Herandi
09-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Great pullup numbers, man. I gave weighted chins a shot yesterday for the first time, and now I'm absolutely in pain. I have to do 50 chinups for my bro's challenge in about an hour too. :(

Thanks tofer, i saw your 50 chin up challenge, nice work, would have killed me, i'm gonna try it soon though ;)

The session is looking nice and varied dude.

thanks coke, yeah i hadnt done db shoulder press for a while and glad to get the PR

Herandi
09-11-2007, 07:19 AM
really hurt my arm i think there's a problem with a nerve of something beacause i keep getting this sharp, stinging pain from my right hand to my shoulder. I'm gonna see a doctor today, but i think i'm gonna leave gym for a week, haven't had a break for ages anyway. Hopefully it's nothing serious and i will come back stronger. Grrr...

Kong
09-11-2007, 09:10 AM
I had similar thing from a trapped nerve in my traps.

Herandi
09-13-2007, 04:38 AM
calories moved up to 4000 last week. weight up this morning to 167.6 lbs, long way til 210 though :(

Ramstein85
09-14-2007, 05:25 AM
Just keep munching bra. You will probably catch up to me this month. im gonna hit the gym tonight and see if fasting is gonna ruin my gains. Its basically like a cut im going through right now. Right now i could do with some fish and chips a can of irn bru and a cheesecake for dessert. Oh well only 7 hours before i can break my fast. Piece of cake :P

Tofer
09-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Did the doctor have anything to say about your arm/shoulder pain?

And don't worry, man. Getting to 210 should be easy. Getting to 210 at 10% on the other hand... :p

Herandi
09-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Just keep munching bra. You will probably catch up to me this month. im gonna hit the gym tonight and see if fasting is gonna ruin my gains. Its basically like a cut im going through right now. Right now i could do with some fish and chips a can of irn bru and a cheesecake for dessert. Oh well only 7 hours before i can break my fast. Piece of cake :P

yeah man ima eat well this week, can't wait to hit the gym on tuesday (bench and deads) and hopefully some PR's. Good luck with the fast man, just try and maintain at least. make huge shakes!

Did the doctor have anything to say about your arm/shoulder pain?

And don't worry, man. Getting to 210 should be easy. Getting to 210 at 10% on the other hand... :p

ah the doctor, just said it was a muscle problem, and that i should leave it for a week and in the future i should "lift lighter weights with more reps", yep i don't see that happening :D

Yeah i think 210 should be ok to reach. I can't be more than 10% bf now, and im trying to keep the fat off by bulking slow and steady. I never wanna have to do a serious cut in my life if i can help it. Thanks for dropping by.

j_man_honda
09-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Sorry to hear about the shouler/arm trouble bro. You probably deserve a break anyway. Don't worry, youll come back even stronger than before.:strong:

Herandi
09-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Sorry to hear about the shouler/arm trouble bro. You probably deserve a break anyway. Don't worry, youll come back even stronger than before.:strong:

yeah bro i will don't worry about that!

Coke
09-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Really need to lay off the injured area(s) as long as you can...you'll be setting new PRs before you know it.

RedSpikeyThing
09-15-2007, 09:43 AM
great pullups a few days ago. You've got some great strength.
Take it easy on that shoulder. Warmup up well and ice it after. A week off isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Herandi
09-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Really need to lay off the injured area(s) as long as you can...you'll be setting new PRs before you know it.

yeah i'll leave it a week before going to the gym and take it slow when i get there (easier said than done though), i want some PR's baby!

great pullups a few days ago. You've got some great strength.
Take it easy on that shoulder. Warmup up well and ice it after. A week off isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks man, pull ups have improved greatly (could only get about bwx3 a few months ago). My big 3 need a lot of improvement though. Yeah im sure the week off will have done me good. thanks for dropping by.

Ramstein85
09-16-2007, 01:39 PM
How's the shoulder doing bra?

Herandi
09-17-2007, 02:35 AM
ima hit the gym this afternoon, gonna do bench and deads, that outta test it! hopefully it should be ok.

Weighed in this morning at 168.4 lbs, up nearly a pound from about 9 days ago :cool:, 210 here we come baby!

Ramstein85
09-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Im going tonight :) Squats bench DB rows are my main things to do :) goood luck matey. keep us posted

Herandi
09-17-2007, 01:23 PM
^^ good luck man. i will

Herandi
09-17-2007, 01:34 PM
17/9/07

Time in gym: 1 hour and 40 mins! (woops - went with a new friend, we talked to damn much)

BB BENCH
bar x 15
110x5 (50kg)
154X5 (70kg)
160x5 (72.5kg) :(
154x5 (70kg)

DEADS
132x5 (60kg)
176x5 (80kg)
220x5 (100kg) (PR!)
231x5 (105kg) (PR+10kg/22lbs)

T BAR ROWS
88x7 (40kg)
110x7 (50kg)
110x7

INCLINE DB BENCH
66x7 (30kg) (PR+2.5kg/5.5lbs)
55x7 (25kg) (couldn't find the 60's :()
55x7

Notes
Good workout, although took a hell of a long time, and i didn't even do abs and calves, oh well. The week rest seems to have done me good. Deads were good got a huge PR. THERE IS NO EXERCISE TO RIVAL DEADS!. Bench not so good, i think my weak bench can be attributed tomy grip, i think i need to widen my grip especially because i have long arms. I think i will surpass my deadlift goal but not reach my bench goal :swear:

Ramstein85
09-17-2007, 05:09 PM
nice one man. You got me on the deads fo sure ;P btw 100kg is 220lbs? i got edit my sig... i got it at 200lbs

Tofer
09-17-2007, 05:30 PM
That's a pretty nice PR on your deadlifts there. I always find that I have a good deadlifting day after either taking a weak off doing them, or after a week or not going as heavy.

Long arms are a bitch for benching. My wingspan is 6'6" so I should know. :p Short people will never understand.

RedSpikeyThing
09-17-2007, 06:21 PM
solid workout! Deadlifts always seem to get stronger, but bench press just gets stuck and never moves....find your weak spot and beat the hell out of it

pulse
09-17-2007, 10:16 PM
What have i missed!? You gotta be like 250, green, with a 1000 total right? :) JK! Your stuff is pretty impressive tho and I havent even been away long and your quite a bit stronger. Keep it up man.

Coke
09-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Awesome job with the deads and all man.

Herandi
09-18-2007, 07:56 AM
nice one man. You got me on the deads fo sure ;P btw 100kg is 220lbs? i got edit my sig... i got it at 200lbs

thanks bro, deads are my weakest lift! they're moving up fast though, my deadlift target shall be exceeded mwahahaha! yeah times by 2.2 to get pounds from kilos :p

That's a pretty nice PR on your deadlifts there. I always find that I have a good deadlifting day after either taking a weak off doing them, or after a week or not going as heavy.

Long arms are a bitch for benching. My wingspan is 6'6" so I should know. :p Short people will never understand.

Thanks Tofer, Long arms definately are a bitch for benching, i'm gonna widen my grip next week definately. You're 6'6"?, where DO you get your shoes from? :rolleyes:

solid workout! Deadlifts always seem to get stronger, but bench press just gets stuck and never moves....find your weak spot and beat the hell out of it

Dont worry i will man, gonna hit a bench PR next week if it kills me...Thanks!

What have i missed!? You gotta be like 250, green, with a 1000 total right? :) JK! Your stuff is pretty impressive tho and I havent even been away long and your quite a bit stronger. Keep it up man.

Hey pulse good to see ya buddy. You've missed me benching 400, squatting 600 and deadlifting a tank :rolleyes:. Naaaaah, not quite 250 lbs but definately getting there, thanks man.

Awesome job with the deads and all man.

Thanks for the support cokester, deads moving up nicely

Tofer
09-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks Tofer, Long arms definately are a bitch for benching, i'm gonna widen my grip next week definately. You're 6'6"?, where DO you get your shoes from? :rolleyes:
Ha, no no no. I'm not 6'6". I'm about 6'4"-5". My wingspan, as in the length of the tip of my middle finger to my other middle finger just happens to be slightly longer than my height. My shoe size is only 13-14 depending on the brand, so it's not really that hard finding shoes.

Kong
09-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Lookin good but that bench needs to move! Try switching to 3x3 with the same weight on each set, pausing on the chest and throw in another 3 sets of higher reps on the width/delt day working on speed (touch and go), this helped my training partner who was stuck at 60kg a few weeks back.

Herandi
09-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Ha, no no no. I'm not 6'6". I'm about 6'4"-5". My wingspan, as in the length of the tip of my middle finger to my other middle finger just happens to be slightly longer than my height. My shoe size is only 13-14 depending on the brand, so it's not really that hard finding shoes.

lol ok, 13-14 is pretty big you know!

Lookin good but that bench needs to move! Try switching to 3x3 with the same weight on each set, pausing on the chest and throw in another 3 sets of higher reps on the width/delt day working on speed (touch and go), this helped my training partner who was stuck at 60kg a few weeks back.

yeah i know Kong, it's only been there for 2 weeks so i'm not too worried yet. i wanna hit 75kgx5 next tuesday. Should i stick with 3 reps on speed bench or can't i go higher, say up to 10 reps?

Herandi
09-19-2007, 11:46 AM
19/9/07

SQUATS
132x5 (60kg)
176x5 (80kg)
198x5 (90kg)
209x5 (95kg) (PR+2.5kg/5.5lbs)
209x5
198x5 (90kg)

LEG PRESS
2 1/2 pps x 7 (PR+10kg/22lbs)
2 1/2 pps x 7
2 1/2 pps x 7

DIPS
BW+39x5 (17.5kg) (PR+2.5kg/5.5lbs)
BW+39x5
BW+33x5 (15kg)
BW+33x5
BW+33x5

LEG CURLS
4/14x12 (PR)
4/14x12
4/14x12

Notes
Red is my favourite colour...

RedSpikeyThing
09-19-2007, 02:34 PM
solid workout, dips are looking good

KevinStarke
09-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Lotta PR's in your workouts, keep it up.