PDA

View Full Version : To supplement or not?

GoldenRule
06-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Hi all,

When it comes to working out, my attitude is something like this; train hard and eat plenty. But there is something that has me in a complete loss for words, supplements. In my five years of training I have not once turned to supplements and now I'm left to wonder how much I've missed out on? Recently I read an interview of a professional body builder, and let me tell you, I have no idea what even half of the items that he listed as supplements are. Here's a quote from the article containing the interview;

"UN: What supplements are you currently using, considering that we are 8 days out from the NY Pro?
AF: For the week before the contest, I limit myself to only BCAAs and vitamins. In the weeks further out from the contest I used Ultra Iso Whey, Ultra Whey Pro, Jointment Sport, BCAA Stack, Vitamins C and E, Flax 1000, Animal Pak and Glutamine.
"

I would really appreciate it if you guys can break down the concept of supplements into simple to understand English.

Cirino83
06-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Supplements are not necessary. They simply help with a lacking diet. For instance if you can't eat enough protein from whole food during the day, then drink a protein shake. All other supplements are pretty useless. Creatine and protein and a multi-vitamin is all you need. The list of things the pro bodybuilder listed are more than likely crap he is trying to sell. "Hey look how huge I got taking turbo gainer version 2.5776 and blah and blah."