PDA

View Full Version : My diet

EasyGino
03-01-2002, 12:38 PM
Ok let me say im just trying to bulk up a bit, while cutting.

Breakfast:
CornFlakes with a scoup of whey sprinkinled on top
250ml of 1% milk
multi-vitamin
2-vitamin e's
1-chromium
1-B Vitamin

Snack:
1 scoop of whey w/ water

Lunch:
3 4oz. Pieces of chicken
3/4 cup of Brown Rice

Snack:
Tuna in a salad w/ tomatoes and green onions, dressed with oil and balsamic vinegar

Dinner:
Either a couple hamburgers (no bun, lean meat)
brown rice w/ misc vegetables.
OR
Chicken, brown-rice w/ misc vegetables

Snack:
3-4 eggwhites and 1 whole egg.

Now this is the average day for me, of course there is always variation.

On a furthernote, im 6'1, 200lbs and getting fairly lean. I should also note that I work out around 5 days a week and it usually consists of 40 minute weights and 15-20 minutes fast paced treadmill walk. (4.5mph on an incline)

What does everyone think?

GeneticallyGifted
03-01-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by EasyGino
Ok let me say im just trying to bulk up a bit, while cutting.

Isn't this like a "DOUBLE NEGATIVE?"

How are you trying to bulk and cut and the same time. It really isn't possible. But if you say so please explain.

I like you diet it looks tasty but what are the calories that you are trying to take is the question.

jus' trying to understand:thumbup:

EasyGino
03-01-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by AFreakyMutation

Isn't this like a "DOUBLE NEGATIVE?"

How are you trying to bulk and cut and the same time. It really isn't possible. But if you say so please explain.

I like you diet it looks tasty but what are the calories that you are trying to take is the question.

jus' trying to understand:thumbup:

Is it fair to say im trying to put some muscle on while cutting away at the fat?

Im not sure how many calories i should be taking in for my age (18) and such... I think my daily caloric intake seems to be around 1750? most of which being protein..

GeneticallyGifted
03-01-2002, 01:56 PM
Its really hard to do what you want. If you want muscle mass then you need to bulk, and the calorie intake that you are at is way to low especially at your age. If you are trying to cut up and lean out you then I guess your doing what needs to be done. Its like an either or ... you can't have your cake and eat it too. To receive the benefits that I think that you are looking for.

jus' tellin it like it is...

MRJ
03-01-2002, 01:57 PM
Easy G:

I'm approximately the same body-type at 6'4" and 215 and I need to consume 4,300 calories p/day to maintain weight, if that helps provide a reference point for your diet.

I must note that I seemingly have an extremely high metab., so adjust your intake accordingly.

Check-out Qea's post, re: Calories, for additional assistance.

EasyGino
03-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Ok well let me put it this way, on this relitive diet, i've sat at 197-200lbs consistently for around 2-3 weeks. And I can feel that I am losing some fat, so obviously im trading the fat for muscle.. no?

=w=
03-01-2002, 02:31 PM
Calories seem WAY low for your body weight

EasyGino
03-01-2002, 02:36 PM
Can someone give me a rough of how many calories i seem to be eating a day?

GeneticallyGifted
03-01-2002, 02:40 PM
Asking how many we think that you should be eating? Matter if you are bulking or cutting, also matters on body type and metabolism. Tell us these things and we can help you.

MRJ
03-01-2002, 04:11 PM
Easy G:

You really should know how many calories and the breakdown (prot., carbs. and fat) you are eating, otherwise it's only guesswork. Personally I use a ratio of P25%-C60%-F15%, but your needs may differ.

Use the food labels or the USDA database of foods to find this information.

Purchase (I got one for under $10) a simple scale (make sure it measures grams and ounces) to weigh the foods, then recall the approximate size portion each time you consume that food, if you prefer not to weigh your foods each time you eat. (personally I weigh my foods/meals for each day just to ensure I'm accurate)

EasyGino
03-01-2002, 04:22 PM
I'd rather have my ratio at around Protein 60%, Carbs 25% and fat 15%... I've lost 45lbs thus far, and carbs seem to be an enemy of mine and they make me pack the weight very quickly.

MRJ
03-01-2002, 04:26 PM
EasyG:

We must be physical opposites, uh ? Without the high carb. intake I can't maintain weight.

Half the battle seems to be knowing what works for your particular body-type.

Congrats on the 45 lb. loss . . . That's a great thing.

EasyGino
03-01-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by MRJ
EasyG:

We must be physical opposites, uh ? Without the high carb. intake I can't maintain weight.

Half the battle seems to be knowing what works for your particular body-type.

Congrats on the 45 lb. loss . . . That's a great thing.

Haha i'd rather be you then :) Im italian, so naturally 90% of my meals would be carbs.. So cutting it all out has been tough..