PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Supplement

BigBossMan
06-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Okay I am at my whits end at trying to figure out how to get enough fiber in my diet without going over my cutting calorie needs. I have decided to just supplement my fiber so that I am at least getting it until I get things figured out better....I know that a natural fiber source would be far superior but at this point some would be better than none!

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good/cheap fiber supplement that I could use.

thank you for any advide given

Unreal
06-29-2007, 09:26 AM
I use benefiber. I think it is about $15 for a huge jar at Costco. Works good for me.

IronMan19
06-29-2007, 09:29 AM
GrapeNuts :D

BBB
06-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Good sources of fiber:

Unprocessed wheat bran (add it to your oatmeal): 1 serving = 1/4 cup = 30 calories and 7 grams of fiber

Sun-dried tomatoes: 1 serving = 4 pieces = ?? calories (not many) and 3 grams of fiber.

Veggies! Avocados = healthy fat + fiber.

I also take Metamucil...sugar free.

getfit
06-29-2007, 09:35 AM
green beans!

Mr. D
06-29-2007, 11:00 AM
I would cut back on breads and such and add veggies, it will keep you fuller too.

I ran ud2.0 whilst eating 1200 cals a day and 65g carbs. In those 65g of carbs I was also getting 15g of fiber. So its doable.

You really have to make an effort to eat veggies. Lots of veggies. Veggies make cutting easier.

BigBossMan
06-29-2007, 03:21 PM
I would cut back on breads and such and add veggies, it will keep you fuller too.

I ran ud2.0 whilst eating 1200 cals a day and 65g carbs. In those 65g of carbs I was also getting 15g of fiber. So its doable.

You really have to make an effort to eat veggies. Lots of veggies. Veggies make cutting easier.

I love veggies they just cost an arm and a leg....the only carbs I am getting right now are from my proteins....eggs...cottage cheese...yogurt

I am eating one slice of bread and thats it. So I can't cut out anymore carbs without cutting out protien...unless I cut out a cottage and go with another protein shake. I can cut outh the slice of bread I guess but I like my slice of bread...LOL and it is only like 19 carbs

Lumiel
06-29-2007, 06:22 PM
When I was on a low carb diet I took FiberChoice tablets. They have a no-carb version, they are chewable and taste is pretty good. They work really well.

Built
06-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Broccoli.

LouPac
06-29-2007, 07:30 PM
When I was on a low carb diet I took FiberChoice tablets. They have a no-carb version, they are chewable and taste is pretty good. They work really well.

I like these as well. Blueberries and raspberries work pretty well for me too.

Jonezy
07-08-2007, 06:25 PM
If you need fiber, you can get plenty of all-natural fiber from kellog`s all bran cereal..every 1/3 cup which is 70 calories has 12g of fiber, and it really doesn`t taste that bad either. I have 2/3 or sometimes 1 cup of it a day. Oh yeah, make sure you have a bathroom nearby at all times :D

BigBossMan
07-09-2007, 02:05 PM
I found a fiber supplement at the Vitamin Cottage! It seems to be working well so far...and adds very little carbs to my diet I think 2carbs per serving also has some good bacteria in there too acedopholius (sp?) and what not. It was relatively cheap too. I got pretty big jars for ten bucks!

Thanks for all your help. I love broccoli but in order to get 40g fiber I would have to eat like 8 cups of broccoli.....I don't think I could handle that! and it is expensive...suprisingly enough I took a look at the bulk section and the bean that has the most fiber is the pinto bean.......weighing in at 47% fiber per serving....when I start my bulk I am going to load up on those they grow them where I live. Right now I can't afford the 50carbs per serving though!

someoneunlikeyo
07-09-2007, 10:42 PM
how much fibre we need?

i eat lots of veggies and Smart Pop by Orville redenbacher's microwave popcorn. it has 12 grams of fibre per bag and only a 130 calories.

Mr. D
07-10-2007, 01:12 AM
how much fibre we need?

i eat lots of veggies and Smart Pop by Orville redenbacher's microwave popcorn. it has 12 grams of fibre per bag and only a 130 calories.

25g fibre per every 2000 calories is the RDA, i believe. I think a male on average should get about 25-35g a day.

I actually have the opposite problem. I have to take vegetables out because of too much fibre and too much time ruling on my throne.

BigBossMan
07-10-2007, 08:20 AM
25g fibre per every 2000 calories is the RDA, i believe. I think a male on average should get about 25-35g a day.

I actually have the opposite problem. I have to take vegetables out because of too much fibre and too much time ruling on my throne.

LOL...........Yeah I am doing good now I am hitting between 30-35 fiber and feel much better.