PDA

View Full Version : My meet results

Chris Rodgers
06-30-2007, 08:50 PM
I lifted today at a meet in Eastern Long Island(about 25 minutes from my house). It was run by my team(John Bernor and East End Barbell). It ended up being a very small meet. We actually all lifted in the same flight(13 lifters) and there were no bench or deadlift only guys/girls. I finally busted out of my funk and put together a decent meet. Here's the breakdown:

AAPF 165 Open

Squat:
1st- 600x1(Very fast and easy)
2nd- 650x1(strong/30 lb meet PR)
3rd- 685xmiss(grinded up near lockout and started to lose balance backwards)

Bench:
1st- 330x1(touched to low/had to ease it back and lock it)
2nd- 350xmiss(there was a head judge issue here/lol)
3rd- 350x1(10 lb full meet PR)

Deadlift:
1st- 500x1(very easy)
2nd- 540x1(10 lb All time PR meet or gym/ not too bad)
3rd- 580xmiss(went for the Elite total/got it up to my knees)

Total- 1540(80 lb meet PR)

I think I had 685-365-555 in me today. I could have broken 1600 if I was perfect. So that is my goal for my next meet. My last squat warmup was horrendous, so I tightened my belt one notch and got a gangsta knee wrap from my buddy Spero and the opener was so easy. That really set me up for a good day. The American record in the squat in 683, so I tried 685. I loosened up a bit in the hole and still fought it up to near lockout. I just started to fall back right at the top and the spotters had to grab me. No biggie. I'll be gunning for 700 the next time I compete. The bench went ok, but I felt I could have done 365. The second attempt we did a last second head judge switch(since the head judge was my lift-off guy) and he kinda fell asleep on my press call, lol. He felt so bad, I didn't really care. Just kinda left me with a "what if" feeling. I need to work my bench more and get a newer shirt anyway. If I bring that old rag to another meet I think CT is gonna smack me. Then it was time to pull. I felt like I got hit by a truck. My back was cramping like hell, but the warmups felt light. The 500 was a smoke show and 540 wasn't much slower. I knew 580 was a long shot, but I had nothing to lose at that point so I went for it.

Overall I was happy, but of course I am never satisfied. I'm real glad my squats were strong and depth was not an issue. It turns out I guess I am a poly squatter. I went with the poly briefs/poly suit combo and it felt real good. This next training cycle I'd like to push my Raw strength up some more, which seemed to help. As I said I'd like to, when money permits, get a new bench shirt and push my bench up where it needs to be(400+). I'm gonna keep doing the deadlift type stuff I've been doing. That seems to be working well and I think I'm on the right path to 600.

Next time I step on the platform I want to break 1600. I won't be happy with any less.

chris mason
06-30-2007, 08:54 PM
That's great work! You have come such a long way! I still remember back when Wbb first started. Great job!

smokinHawk
06-30-2007, 08:56 PM
congrats, awesome numbers
what sanction was this?

Chris Rodgers
06-30-2007, 08:58 PM
That's great work! You have come such a long way! I still remember back when Wbb first started. Great job!

Hehe, thank Chris. That was actually right before I got into powerlifting. I joined here in 2001 and did my first powerlifting meet in March 2002. God knows what I was doing before then. Probably trying to work on my upper pecs or something. :windup:

Chris Rodgers
06-30-2007, 09:02 PM
congrats, awesome numbers
what sanction was this?

It was APF/AAPF. Bernor also had some of the kids in his Youth Group(he's a Youth Pastor at the Church that the meet was held) do the meet unsanctioned. So they didn't have to adhere to exact APF rules(no 1-piece suit/looser judging, etc.) It was a very fun meet. I really want to try and compete at the AAPF Nationals next year to go up against some real good competition and have it be my first Nationals.

Anthony
06-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Awesome work, latty! Those are some huge PRs!!!!

getfit
06-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Congrats.Awesome work

LiftingKid
06-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Very nice lifting!

Clifford Gillmore
06-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Mad props CR, nearly elite DAAAAYMN!

Lones Green
06-30-2007, 10:08 PM
nice job chris!

jtteg_x
06-30-2007, 10:34 PM
congrats. you put up some real good numbers. keep up the good work!

Stumprrp
06-30-2007, 11:14 PM
damn chris thats huge!

1mmort4l
07-01-2007, 05:23 AM
Crazy stuff CR!!!
Congrats on the PR's dude!

stepto180
07-01-2007, 10:43 AM
awesome...Im gad you put together a good meet!!

RhodeHouse
07-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Congratulations! That's a great day. Enjoy the aftermath. When you're ready, you'll come back and smash those numbers. SFW!

rmccray
07-01-2007, 10:50 AM
thats some good liftin sir congrats

Chris Rodgers
07-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks everyone. Today I got that real great feel like I went 12 rounds with Tyson(when he was good) feeling all over. My shins are raw as hell from pulling. Back, shoulders, knees ache like hell. Good times.

Depending on what my training partners are doing and when I think I'll be ready to go, I'll either pick the Asylum meet in October as my next meet or the IPA Nationals in November. I have some time to decide.

LiftingKid
07-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Depending on what my training partners are doing and when I think I'll be ready to go, I'll either pick the Asylum meet in October as my next meet or the IPA Nationals in November. I have some time to decide.

IPA Nationals!!!

I'll be there :)

Chris Rodgers
07-01-2007, 11:07 AM
IPA Nationals!!!

I'll be there :)

I think I'm gonna be there either way, but not sure if I'll compete. I did check the website and if it's up to date, the 165 Open squat record(amateur) is 630 and the total is 1590. I'd like to give a run at those and see how I do at a real big meet like that.

GroundControl
07-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Damn dude ridiculous numbers man, congrats. I have a quick question though, I had no idea that people close to NYC took PLing so seriously, I was wondering if you knew of any PL dedicated gyms in the city so I can get some guidance/assitance when I lift ? Thanks for any help and once again, sick, sick numbers...

BTW how tall are you ?

Chris Rodgers
07-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Damn dude ridiculous numbers man, congrats. I have a quick question though, I had no idea that people close to NYC took PLing so seriously, I was wondering if you knew of any PL dedicated gyms in the city so I can get some guidance/assitance when I lift ? Thanks for any help and once again, sick, sick numbers...

BTW how tall are you ?

I am 5'7". I know of one in Queens. I have never been there, but I know they ran a few meets. It is called Coliseum Gym and the owner's name is Teddy. Maybe try and look that one up if it isn't too far from you.

TommyBoy
07-01-2007, 07:51 PM
CR, I said it before, and I'll say it again. You're a freak. Gear or no gear, you are a strong s.o.b.

North
07-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Great work at the meet, so damn close to the squat record. you'll get it next time

redFury
07-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Awesome meet Chris... I have no doubt youll be 1600+ at your next meet. Balls out attempts FTW... really impressive!

lynnlynn7
07-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Excellent work CR! :D

vdizenzo
07-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Absolutely awesome! You know you have put it all on the line when you feel like a bag of smashed as*holes a couple of days later. Enjoy the meet high for a few days and get it back in gear. Congrats!

Chris Rodgers
07-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks a lot everyone.

Absolutely awesome! You know you have put it all on the line when you feel like a bag of smashed as*holes a couple of days later. Enjoy the meet high for a few days and get it back in gear. Congrats!

I rested the week of the meet. That was enough. Had to get back in there today. :ninja:

Tomorrow's squat/deadlift session should be fun. :nod:

Isaac Wilkins
07-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Nice work, Chris!