PDA

View Full Version : beggener's bulking help

wise_mike
07-02-2007, 12:05 AM
I am a skinny guy, hard gainer: 110 lbs, 5.4 feet tall. My bone structure ain't strong.. I have started exercising many times, but I lose weight as soon as I stop bulking and exercising.. the most weight I got was 136 lbs.

My question is.. do I start exercising and bulk up at the same time? or do I first concentrate on eating till certain amount of weight, then start exercising?

2- I never had any steroids or supplements, and I know the former is wrong.. so, what do you suggest to use for supplements, and for how long do I take em? and would I start to lose weight and muscle as soon as I stop using them?

Thanks for your time..

Herandi
07-02-2007, 06:05 AM
i think you meant beginner's. and until you start eating A LOT and you're not gaining you do not know you're a hardgainer. Being naturally skinny doesn't mean you're a hardgainer, a hardgainer is when you eat a lot more and still don't put on any weight (i used to think i was a hardgainer).

You need to workout out and eat above caloric maintenance (can be worked out on many calculators on the internet) so that you are putting on muscle not fat. Eating alone won't help you put on solid mass, it will just get you flabby.

With supplements i would look at the supplements section on this site and do a search. Creatine will support muscle growth and give you energy in the gym. read everything in this website before choosing what type to get: http://www.absolute-creatine.com/ also you can use protein shakes/weight gainer drinks, but you really just need to EAT MORE... and no you won't lose muscle simply due to stopping using supplements although when you stop using the creatine your energy levels may fall in the gym.

Chubrock
07-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Read the stickies. You'll learn more from reading those than from just reading the responses to this post.

Anthony
07-02-2007, 04:02 PM
1) Buy Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, read it twice, apply it immediately.

2) Eat meat, veggies, and nuts 6 times a day. You're establishing habits. When you want to gain weight, increase the quantity of these foods.