PDA

View Full Version : Relying on whey protein?

balloonhead
07-03-2007, 08:55 AM
OK, basically i am a lazy/cheap student.

I know the site is called 'wannabebig' but i'm not wanting to be huge, just gain about a stone or two and maintain at that weight. I'm 11 stone now (5ft 7").

I used to eat religiously before i went to Uni and i was nearly at my target of 12 stone, but eating right became such a big effort and cost, and when i did go to uni i found myself not eating enough (hence i am back to 11 stone).

I have finished my first year at uni and am back at home now and was thinking of a convenient and cheap diet plan for when i go back to live away:

Breakfast:

The 'amazing protein bar'

To make a batch:

2 cups natural peanut butter
16 tsp honey, you can add however much you like
3 scoops of whey, again you can add more if you like
2 cups dry oats

Lunch

Tuna sandwich, brown bread

Shake
(milk, whey powder, 100g ground oats, table spoon olive oil, nesquick for flavor)

Dinner

Mainly rice/noodles with meat e.g chicken curry

Shake
(Same as above)

Remember i don't wanna be huge, just want to maintain my weight at 12-13stone and get the athletic, gymnast look (basically ****ing ripped)

again, sorry for posting on wannabebig, when i only wannabetoned. I just posted here cos it seems like it has the best advice on any BB forum i've been on.

Is my diet too dependant on whey, oats and milk or is this ok? I would mix up my lunch and dinner meals most days.

Also am i ok having one of those killer 1000cal protein bars everyday for breakfast or is this a bad idea?

Adam
07-03-2007, 09:48 AM
To dependant????

Dude, while I was going to college My diet was 80% shakes and protein bars. Wait I'm lying......probly closer to 90%! LOL

At 5'7 12-13 stone is a good weight. You still fit in most clothes, you don't have to eat all day to maintain, and 180lbs lean would be a big athlete if we consider 5'7.

balloonhead
07-03-2007, 05:54 PM
so if i looked at the long run, this diet isn't going to have a very negative effect on my health?....

...i guess oats are good for the heart and whey is just protein and milk is just milk...

thoughts?

am i OK with the protein bar every morning?

Adam
07-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Well, I wouldn't do this on a permanent basis. Just use common sense.
I had to do my protein diet because I couldn't afford 'real' food, I did it for just over a year.

Your protein bar looks tasty........but you eat one every morning?!? 2 cups of pb!
Maybe split it into 2 chunks for the day to make it easier on your guts.

KingWilder
07-03-2007, 06:10 PM
The only thing I see is that you have NO fruits/vegetables...you need the nutrients from those

def. take a multivitamin if you aren't already and throw in some green veggies as much as possible

Adam
07-03-2007, 06:26 PM
<<< ---- Has lived without fruits or vegies his whole life!

I'm on the pill now though.........multi-vitamin pill that is;)

balloonhead
07-04-2007, 04:05 AM
I tend not to include fruit/vege when posting my diet...i do try my best to get the stuff in my diet as much as possible though.

As for the protein bars they're not 'mine' i nicked the recipe from this thread http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=63562&highlight=amazing+protein+bars

and the recipe i posted is to make 6 not just one, so yeah it won't be too harsh on the old gut ;)

I know its not great but this diet seems so much easier than preparing myself 6 meals a day and spending all that money on steak and chicken!

Providing i get the fruit/vege n fibe in there and vary my meals often does this look half OK?

Vapour Trails
07-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Those "protein" bars taste good, but they are more fat bars than protein bars.

CarlP
07-04-2007, 05:25 PM
<<< ---- Has lived without fruits or vegies his whole life!

I'm on the pill now though.........multi-vitamin pill that is;)

I'm with you, that green stuff will kill you. ;)