PDA

View Full Version : Squat Critique.

Con
07-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Well this is from my squat session earlier.

2 sets, 2 angles.

The second one, IMO is a better angle(will note this for next time) and more important because im more fatigued.

195x5(side view) (http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/con_nick/Vids/?action=view&current=DSCN0770.flv)
195x5(rear view) (http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/con_nick/Vids/?action=view&current=DSCN0771.flv)

Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Invain
07-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Nice depth.

You have a really strange looking bow in your legs though right when you start your squat. It looks like you're gonna either fall forward or do a gm and then you seem to snap back into a squat. Almost like your knees are gonna collapse backwards.

viper200202
07-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Yeah it seems kind of weird with the snapping of the knees. Maybe try some box squats to help correct that and to get your form really in tune.
Otherwise i think it looks fine

RedSpikeyThing
07-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Nice squatting. Everything looks great, except for what invain said. I think you're sticking your ass out without bending your knees first.

Detard
07-04-2007, 04:03 PM
You have your knees locked out at the start of the squat and your pushing your ass out. It also looks like you sit back into but on the way up you are leaning forward too much putting you on your toes. After watching it again you definitely are lifting off your toes. Drive your heels through the ground. I agree with viper in saying do some box squats to help you sit back into it and work off your heels.

Con
07-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks everyone.

Now, in regards to the "bow legged/snapping" of my legs. My rationale behind that was leading with the hips is correct form, over bending at the knees. It feels slightly uncomforatble, but I figured I dont know squat( :p) so doing a squat "naturally" for me, would be incorrect.

Im looking forward to what some of the more experienced(sensei(no offense to anyone else)) have to say about my form.

Thanks again for the comments.

EDIT: Detard, thanks, that makes sense.

tomv
07-04-2007, 06:31 PM
To me all looks pretty good except that as the other guys have said you have a pretty forward lean which I'm assuming means quite a fair bit of weight resting on your toes and not your heel.