PDA

View Full Version : I had a nutrition meltdown....

BigBossMan
07-05-2007, 03:02 PM
I was doing really good. I made it into my fourth week without so much as a cheat meal and then yesterday and today I had a breakdown and went balistic....eating everything I could get my hands on. I don't know what happened....

I think it was the holiday and the fact that my family has been pigging out on ice cream and cake for like the last week. I couldn't abstain any longer..

Now I am feeling completely guilty...I didn't lift yesterday or today! All my hard work over the last four weeks it feels like I have destroyed in a single day and have to start all over again.... oh well back to work. I am going to take the rest of the week off lifting and start again next week...

why do I let myself do something that I know will piss me off so much...:windup:

Hatred
07-05-2007, 03:03 PM
You probably needed that cheat meal brother. 4 weeks without one? They're essential to keep your metabolism going and to keep you from killing the mailman and filling him with jelly beans.

Jeffreyk
07-05-2007, 03:03 PM
who knows.;..just live and learn I would mnever ever cheat, and i feel so mch better for it

Jeffreyk
07-05-2007, 03:04 PM
btw- they are NEVER essesntial...increasing clean cals for a little bit is, but not long and def. not a cheat!

Hatred
07-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Take the rest of the week off of lifting? Well, that's the wrong damned reaction.

Hatred
07-05-2007, 03:06 PM
btw- they are NEVER essesntial...increasing clean cals for a little bit is, but not long and def. not a cheat!

Having no idea what the hell kind of diet he is on it's a pretty safe statement.
Plus "essential" was more geared towards the sanity part.

Optimum08
07-05-2007, 03:17 PM
:withstupi...isn't jeffreyk the one with diet problems in the first place?

BCorn
07-05-2007, 03:21 PM
I understand feeling mad at yourself, but I wouldn't sweat it too much. Like others have said, allow yourself some cheat meals...just don't overdo it. Try not to ever let yourself go hungry....that is when you will be most likely to mess up.

Hatred
07-05-2007, 03:47 PM
When everyday's a cheat meal ..THAT's when you floss with a Glock.

Gunshow
07-05-2007, 04:06 PM
hahahahahaha

BigBossMan
07-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the encouragement all.....I have decided to not let this get me down but to let it be a lesson for me in the future....back to the gym tomorrow!!!

I will not let two days throw me off of my goals. I refuse too. I have made some pretty good progress and I won't let this slip up cause me to stay down. I am going to get up dust myself off and press on. :mad:

Holto
07-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Are you tracking cals and following a nutrition plan?

BigBossMan
07-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Are you tracking cals and following a nutrition plan?

Yeah I have tracked everything for four weeks until the last couple of days...another one of the downside to eating crapfood is that it is really hard to track.

dscarth
07-06-2007, 10:45 AM
I took a long drive to a friends house at the shore, and hadn't really eaten prior to going. When I got there I was starving, so when i was presented with 2 slices of pizza and a pepsi, i demolished it.

Oh no, it hit me, I'm cutting!

I put the calories into fitday. I figured, hey its been two weeks since I've deviated, and even if the macros suck, as long as I keep calories in check, I should be fine.

My weight is still on its steady decline. No worries.

BBB
07-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Sounds like you starved yourself and then when you let yourself have a little - your body got a taste and wanted more.

I'm with Hatred - Take a cheat meal once a week for the sake of your sanity.

I can hit my diet right pretty much all week long as long as I know I can eat whatever I want on Saturday night.

BFGUITAR
07-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Today was one of those "I ate everything" days for me... I just needed food. I felt like my body craved it horribly. Ive been good for the past 2 months though...

BigBossMan
07-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Right on....thanks for the encouragement guys I am back on track again and I entered my cheat days into fitday they weren't as bad as I though one day was 2500 and the other was 3100 but not very clean....I reworked my diet and got it down to 2200 cals becuase I have been stuck at 165 for over a week now. I got weekend cals down to around 1800 and I didn't gain any weight from the cheat days so I think I will be alright!

IZWAR
07-09-2007, 02:36 PM
I know EXACTLY how you feel, but you need to accept that atlest one time a month its going to happen. If you say that you have not cheated the whole month the dent you made on your diet in one day is going to have a MINIMAL effect on your overall progress. Do not worry about it at all and just get back to what you were doing.