PDA

View Full Version : Maximus - First Impression

DoUgL@S
07-06-2007, 01:42 AM
I finally got a chance to taste Maximus, I used it a post workout meal. I have the Chocolate and was not sure what to expect.

I have grown accustomed to the palatability and ease of mixing of both Nitrean and Opticen, and I must say that Atlarge has not disappointed with the new addition to their arsenal. Although 1 serving is 5 scoops, it is not as thick as Opticen, but is more substantial than Nitrean.

Keeping in mind that taste is subjective, I must say that I think it is the best tasting chocolate supplement I have encountered. Add to that the microlactin, inulin, flaxseed and the quality of the ingredients that are used I think Atlarge has a winner.

chris mason
07-06-2007, 05:24 AM
Thanks for your thoughts Dark Knight!

Joe Black
07-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Yep, thank you very much.

Would you mind if we used this as a testimonial on the AtLarge website and in email promotions?

Daniel

DoUgL@S
07-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Yep, thank you very much.

Would you mind if we used this as a testimonial on the AtLarge website and in email promotions?

Daniel

Nope. Feel free.

Joe Black
07-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it.

We'd also appreciate any other experiences our members have had with our new product Maximus!

Twan
07-10-2007, 12:36 AM
When I got my tub of Maximus, I couldn't believe how big it was! It helps me EXPLODE in my workouts and put up numbers I never thought possible. Thanks At Large, you've really saved my life!

Just kidding....that would be the testimonial for those fake ass companies that try and get you to buy their product like it is a godsend.

Real testimonial:
I take one full serving of Maximus once per day, and it is both filling and delicious. It's thick, but that is something you will get used to as time goes on. I like to mix it with a banana and a few cups of milk. I think for a healthy weight gainer, this product is great!

chris mason
07-10-2007, 05:12 AM
Thanks Twan!

Barker
07-13-2007, 02:32 PM
I finally got a chance to taste Maximus, I used it a post workout meal. I have the Chocolate and was not sure what to expect.

I have grown accustomed to the palatability and ease of mixing of both Nitrean and Opticen, and I must say that Atlarge has not disappointed with the new addition to their arsenal. Although 1 serving is 5 scoops, it is not as thick as Opticen, but is more substantial than Nitrean.

Keeping in mind that taste is subjective, I must say that I think it is the best tasting chocolate supplement I have encountered. Add to that the microlactin, inulin, flaxseed and the quality of the ingredients that are used I think Atlarge has a winner.

I received my Maximus yesterday and tried it after my workout. I bought the chocolate as well and mixed it with milk. I thought the taste was excellent although I still think Opticen and milk is still my favorite. It's definitely somewhere between Opticen & Nitrean as far as thickness. Definitely filled me up though. It appears to be another good product though.

chris mason
07-13-2007, 02:43 PM
I received my Maximus yesterday and tried it after my workout. I bought the chocolate as well and mixed it with milk. I thought the taste was excellent although I still think Opticen and milk is still my favorite. It's definitely somewhere between Opticen & Nitrean as far as thickness. Definitely filled me up though. It appears to be another good product though.

Thanks for the review!

Joe Black
07-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Yep, thanks for the feedback!

Barker
07-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Yep, thanks for the feedback!

No problem guys!

Questor
07-20-2007, 08:44 AM
What is the recommended amount of fluid to mix this with? I tried 1.5 cp water last night and it was fairly thick. 2 cp?

cphafner
07-20-2007, 09:00 AM
I received my first tub on Wendesday. I've been drinking 2.5 scoops + 25g matlodextrin for breakfeast, pre, and postwork. The taste has been great so far. For a weight gainer it doesn't mix thick at all. I mix it in only about 12 oz water. I look forward to seeing the results over the next month.

chris mason
07-20-2007, 10:43 AM
What is the recommended amount of fluid to mix this with? I tried 1.5 cp water last night and it was fairly thick. 2 cp?

Roughly 16 oz. which I think equates to about 2 cups.

Chris

Questor
07-23-2007, 04:20 PM
2 cp milk and it mixed up fine

chris mason
07-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Excellent!

HahnB
07-27-2007, 12:49 PM
I think the key is mixing it mostly with water, and adding a little milk for weight. The water makes it less thick, and the milk cuts down on the "frothyness" you get when you blend anything with pure water.

RBB
07-27-2007, 02:38 PM
i just started using maximus this week, and its what i was expecting. great taste, mixes well and a quality supp. easy way to get some of those cals in.

radioheadhead
07-28-2007, 04:28 PM
ordering today!

chris mason
07-28-2007, 08:46 PM
i just started using maximus this week, and its what i was expecting. great taste, mixes well and a quality supp. easy way to get some of those cals in.

Thank you!

chris mason
07-28-2007, 08:46 PM
ordering today!

Excellent! Thanks!

Questor
07-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Okay, I've been tweaking out my preparation of the Maximus shake.

First off, I've cut the serving to four scoops (to extend my supply).
Then I add one cp milk, on cp water, and five or six ice cubes.
Blender (power shaker is not enough)

Makes about two glasses, and is perfectly fine.

I take it PWO after 'worthy' workouts. Because I'm not dosing every day, I haven't gotten any doms recovery effects that I can report.

But I know that my PWO shake is bang on perfect nutrition.

A question, is the sugar by any chance dextrose?

SDS
07-31-2007, 05:33 PM
I mix 2.5 scoops with 10 oz. water and it's perfect. Every now and then I'll add a couple tbsp olive oil for more cal.'s

chris mason
08-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Okay, I've been tweaking out my preparation of the Maximus shake.

First off, I've cut the serving to four scoops (to extend my supply).
Then I add one cp milk, on cp water, and five or six ice cubes.
Blender (power shaker is not enough)

Makes about two glasses, and is perfectly fine.

I take it PWO after 'worthy' workouts. Because I'm not dosing every day, I haven't gotten any doms recovery effects that I can report.

But I know that my PWO shake is bang on perfect nutrition.

A question, is the sugar by any chance dextrose?

The carbs are maltodextrin.

Chris