PDA

View Full Version : Puking with olive oil?

RichMcGuire
07-07-2007, 02:34 PM
I have been drinking olive oil just fine for about a month but last night I couldnt hold it down. This morning, even a little bit bothered me.

I usually have about half a glass of olive oil (about 5-6 tbsp) and then chaser it with orange juice.

So I was just wondering if anyone else ever had this problem of eventually getting sick off olive oil?

I think I may go back to pb.

Bako Lifter
07-07-2007, 02:41 PM
I'd throw up if I drank that crap by itself.

Alex.V
07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Why the hell are you drinking straight olive oil?

Mr. D
07-07-2007, 03:12 PM
I am with these guys. Dip some veggies or lean meats or bread or something in it. There has to be a better/easier/more tasteful way of getting cals in.

RichMcGuire
07-07-2007, 03:16 PM

Lol, calories.

Alex.V
07-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Damn dude. Yeah. Make a pesto sauce out of it. Cover some bread with the oil, add garlic, and bake it. Eat straight PB. Eat salmon.

Yikes. lol.

RedSpikeyThing
07-07-2007, 03:31 PM
oh for the love of God put it in a shake or something

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-07-2007, 03:35 PM
MIX IT IN SOMETHING!

What is wrong with you?

SupRsmall
07-07-2007, 04:23 PM
lol, i sometimes do a tablespoon, and most of the time my body tries to half gag it up. But i always win!! :D

BBB
07-07-2007, 04:57 PM
I've been known to down a tablespoon or so on occasion but I couldn't agree more...MIX IT IN SOMETHING!

RichMcGuire
07-07-2007, 06:04 PM
MIX IT IN SOMETHING!

What is wrong with you?

Dedication.

RichMcGuire
07-07-2007, 06:05 PM
I tried to convince myself it was something else I ate but Im quite sure it was indeed the olive oil.

I'll make sure to start mixing it, lol.

Thx for the replies

Howard 9
07-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Dedication.

Lol there is nothing dedicated about drinking straight olive oil. I did it before and it was terrible. Mix it with something.

RichMcGuire
07-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Lol there is nothing dedicated about drinking straight olive oil. I did it before and it was terrible. Mix it with something.

Sure there is. I was dedicated enough to drink it straight for calories. But thats a different story.

And as I said, Im going to be mixing it now regardless because puking is obviously not productive ;)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Dedication.Psychotic was more of the word I was looking for. You can be dedicated to calories and not be ridiculous at the same time. :thumbup:

RichMcGuire
07-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Psychotic was more of the word I was looking for. You can be dedicated to calories and not be ridiculous at the same time. :thumbup:

Sometimes extreme dedication breeds 'ridiculous' measures. That should be obvious in many examples.

But yes, it was a bad choice in taste as I puked 1 month later, lol. And of course, I will be taking different measures to meet dedication while also not being so extreme. You live, you learn I guess ;)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-08-2007, 01:23 AM
Making yourself puke or simply adding another ingredient to make you not puke...I don't see why there needs to be a gag reflex for you to consider yourself "dedicated". Your progress alone is a showcase of your dedication. What's next, raw eggs? Those are like drinking a few tablespoons of runny snot.

kate
07-08-2007, 02:32 AM
lol, thats gross!!

getfit
07-08-2007, 04:11 AM

seriously!Mix it in with your shake or something.

RichMcGuire
07-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Making yourself puke or simply adding another ingredient to make you not puke...I don't see why there needs to be a gag reflex for you to consider yourself "dedicated". Your progress alone is a showcase of your dedication. What's next, raw eggs? Those are like drinking a few tablespoons of runny snot.

I didnt say there needs to be a gag reflex in order to be dedicated, did I? And in fact, I believe I did say I was going to start mixing it to stay dedicated to getting my calories.

And of course, I will be taking different measures to meet dedication while also not being so extreme. You live, you learn I guess ;)

I started doing this in the first place because Yes, I was dedicated. But, I puked after a month so I had to alter my strategy to Not puke. Keep in mind it wasnt gross to me (taste factor) Its just that a couple hours later my stomach hurt and out it came. Thats why I said "You live, you learn" So obviously, I never said you need to puke in order to consider myself dedicated.

But anyways..theres no point in arguing about someones idea of 'dedicated' when this thread has answered my questions. And while the olive oil didnt taste bad to me, it certainly upset my stomach later so I have no choice but to mix it. So once again, thankyou for the replies :)

Lol, the worst part about that night was I ate a whole home bake meal of beef stragonoff that had about 1200 calories and then I added the 5 tbsp of olive oil and orange juice. So when it all came out, I was like choking on that crap. It was pretty nasty.

mikey4402
07-08-2007, 11:25 AM
lol silly kids

KingWilder
07-08-2007, 12:08 PM
seriously!Mix it in with your shake or something.

yeah...you can't taste it in the shake

drinking it plain...I guess you could call that "dedicated"

Bako Lifter
07-08-2007, 12:14 PM
yeah...you can't taste it in the shake

I can. I put 4 tbsp in my giant shake and it was freakin' sick. I can't imagine drinking it straight like Rich. Yuck :p.

KingWilder
07-08-2007, 01:30 PM
4 tbsp!

The most I've ever put into a shake is 2...why 4 when there are other ways to get healthy fats...or at least have 2 shakes if it's gross

Bako Lifter
07-08-2007, 01:47 PM
4 tbsp!

The most I've ever put into a shake is 2...why 4 when there are other ways to get healthy fats...or at least have 2 shakes if it's gross

Ya, I had never put it in my shake before and I figured, why not?
Now I know why though ;).

RichMcGuire
07-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Ya, I had never put it in my shake before and I figured, why not?
Now I know why though ;).

Yea - some lessons you learn the gross way, lol.

love2sweat
07-09-2007, 12:33 PM
haha i've had straight olive oil before... it was interesting. i can't imagine taking it straight everyday.

growthrep
07-09-2007, 12:56 PM
I prefer my olive oil mixed in with meat sauce and served over penne pasta :nod:

SupRsmall
08-14-2007, 07:13 PM
RichMcGuire Ive found out how to do it. I remembered reading this thread a couple weeks ago and made me think about posting this.

Well. Last night i was heading up to bed, brushed the teeth and all, when i realized i didn't feel entirely full i had my pre-snooze meal a little early (about 1 and a half hours before bed, and a shake right after) So i thought i really need some more cals so i could survivvvve the night, but i didn't want to brush my teeth again so i looked around.

OLIVE OIL YEAH. haha. So yeah realized 3 TBSPs would give me about 300cals which was adequet. Then i had a thought. Down it like i down creatine. Put the substance in your mouth (olive oil) let it sit, lol dont let it move I know how irisitable olive oil can be.... :drooling: get some water in there asap, wash it down. Easy like Swisschessyyy. Seriously. Those 3 TBSPs were a breeze. Try it out RichMcGuire, im sure it will work for you!

Alex.V
08-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Uhhh.....

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-15-2007, 01:50 AM
RichMcGuire Ive found out how to do it. I remembered reading this thread a couple weeks ago and made me think about posting this.

Well. Last night i was heading up to bed, brushed the teeth and all, when i realized i didn't feel entirely full i had my pre-snooze meal a little early (about 1 and a half hours before bed, and a shake right after) So i thought i really need some more cals so i could survivvvve the night, but i didn't want to brush my teeth again so i looked around.

OLIVE OIL YEAH. haha. So yeah realized 3 TBSPs would give me about 300cals which was adequet. Then i had a thought. Down it like i down creatine. Put the substance in your mouth (olive oil) let it sit, lol dont let it move I know how irisitable olive oil can be.... :drooling: get some water in there asap, wash it down. Easy like Swisschessyyy. Seriously. Those 3 TBSPs were a breeze. Try it out RichMcGuire, im sure it will work for you!That's disgusting.

Ramstein85
08-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Luckily for me olive oil is added in many of my dishes. Since my mom is Tunisian, all of the food she makes is packed with the stuff :O. But like Bako said, i put 2 tbsps in my weight gain shake and i STILL taste it (not that much) but i know its there godamnit!!! Apart from that though, long live live Olive Oil :)