PDA

View Full Version : Another Bench shirt thread...

1mmort4l
07-08-2007, 04:05 AM
Hey guys, i'm looking at getting a new bench shirt and hoping for some advice.

I have an Inzer EHDHP which is made wrong for me, and cuts in only one small place, but is kind of loose. Ridiculously uncomfortable, and has given me a lame 10 pound increase in bench. I ordered it from the U.S. and sending it back for alterations is not really worth while, so its going on Ebay...

I have used Risk10k from the forums double denim Inzer and got about 20 pounds out of it, but it is way too tight in the arms, and loose everywhere else, but at least no pain etc..

Since wearing his denim, i thought this is what i might want for comfort and a bit better performance, but i wouldn't mind trying some Titan gear. I bench elbows in with an arch, similar to many Titan benchers that i have seen, so i think this will be the way to go. The Katana looks sweet, and i would love to go for it, but most of you guys in the know will likely tell me to go the F6, which i will do if thats what you reckon.

Lastly, sorry for the long read..
Where should i order it from? I like houseofpain.com, but they only sell Inzer gear. I have seen in other threads people telling others to call Ken Anderson, but being in Australia, its not really an option. What sites do most of you goto to get your stuff?

Thanks very much for any help..

Oh, in case this helps with the type of shirt. My raw max would be just over 315 atm, and I can comfortably 2 board 350.

TommyBoy
07-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Personally, I don't like Titan shirts because they don't work for me. So I can't give you any advice on that part. But, if you are gonna order a Titan shirt, order through Prisilla Ribic @ www.plgearonline.com . Her service is really good.

waynedang
07-08-2007, 04:33 PM
The Katana is a great shirt. It takes time to learn all of the newer shirts If you have good training partners it is no problem. I get all my gear through Ken Anderson but I know that could be a problem so maybe this can help.

http://www.titansupport.com/dealers/aus_tropicalbodies.html

http://www.titansupport.com/dealers/aus_powersupply.html

http://www.titansupport.com/dealers/nz_simanu.html

Oh and I get 150lbs+ from my single ply shirt.

MolonLabe
07-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Since we are the subject of comfort.... I use an old Inzer Blast shirt that was giving to me. I have had good results with the shirt; however, it is terribly uncomfortable. It cuts in bad under my arms, enough to bruise them heavly and cut into the skin. This is the first shirt I have ever used. I am wondering if this is a normal thing. I just dig thru it when I wear it.
Mike

betastas
07-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Since we are the subject of comfort.... I use an old Inzer Blast shirt that was giving to me. I have had good results with the shirt; however, it is terribly uncomfortable. It cuts in bad under my arms, enough to bruise them heavly and cut into the skin. This is the first shirt I have ever used. I am wondering if this is a normal thing. I just dig thru it when I wear it.
Mike

Yes. It's normal. Anything else is a glorified T-shirt.

Guido
07-09-2007, 10:24 AM
The fit of the shirt is much more important that the type of shirt, really. If a shirt doesn't fit right then you won't get much out of it. That said, I've had great success with the Titan F-6 and get 100-110 lbs out of it. You'd likely get more out of the Katana but it's a little tougher to learn, too.