PDA

View Full Version : Trying to lose fat around my waist.

marc_____
07-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Trying to lose fat around my waist.

After a year since I started this program, I have gained 25 lbs. Not all of its muscle, most of the fat is around my waist. I have lost about 5 lbs 3 weeks ago and haven’t lost much weight since. I am getting more ‘cut’ everywhere else on my body except my waist. I am now thinking that my diet is interfering or my body is in the “gaining muscle” mode.

My diet is quite simple, heavy saturated fats (whole fat milk, yogurt, organic eggs, and coconut oil) in the morning, salad (fruit or lettuce) with nuts and berries for lunch. Dinner is may consist of some complex carbs, not much. I am not consuming any juices high in sugar (natural occurring of course) either.

Perhaps I am gaining muscle mass. I have just recently read, correct me if I am wrong, that a person cannot or very hard, to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. That is why I factor in “gaining muscle” as a culprit.

The workout is from “New Rules of Lifting”.

What do you think!?

Jinkies
07-08-2007, 05:21 PM
The waist is the last place to lose fat from, your going to drop a significant ammount on other areas till you see the core start to trim up

Unholy
07-08-2007, 05:32 PM
How is your routine, cardio, protein intake?

love2sweat
07-09-2007, 12:31 PM
i've heard what jinkies said.

BigBossMan
07-09-2007, 02:18 PM
The waist is the last place to lose fat from, your going to drop a significant ammount on other areas till you see the core start to trim up

That sucks......that is where fat looks the worst IMO I would much rather have some fat padding my quads and bis making them look bigger and no fat in the ol spare tire region.....LOL I am expierencing the same thing right now!

cphafner
07-09-2007, 02:23 PM
your diet is totally backwards. Fats and salads during the morning/afternoon. Carbs at night? Try reading some of the articles on nutriet timing. It will make a world of difference. John Beradi writes some good stuff on the topic.

IZWAR
07-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Yea, theirs no direct way to lose the fat in that area however it is the most stubborn fat to lose. You just need to increase your cardio levels and tighten up your diet, perhaps try lowering your carbs but eventually it will be forced to drop off of you. Im going to be going through the same problem myself. Good Luck

marc_____
07-10-2007, 06:34 PM
cphafner thanks for the reference, I will check out his writings. The Carbs are a small amount if any with low GI.
Are you saying I should not being consuming the fats in the morning?

Unholy, I consume roughly 130 grams of protein. I know i should be consuming more. My cardio is just this Fat loss program i am on.

Also here is another question, would it be best for me to lift on a some what empty stomach versus having to do this Fat loss program with a serving of whey protein in my stomach? Therefore my body will burn the excess fat that i am trying to lose. Just a thought.

marc_____
07-10-2007, 07:07 PM
ahh...I see that "The Science of Nutrient Timing" has the answer to my last question.

Any comments still appreicated.

Built
07-10-2007, 07:28 PM
your diet is totally backwards. Fats and salads during the morning/afternoon. Carbs at night?
That's how I eat. Keeps me satisfied in the daytime, then carbs at night after I train.

If I ate carbs in the AM I'd be chewing my arm off from hunger all day long.

cphafner
07-10-2007, 07:39 PM
That's how I eat. Keeps me satisfied in the daytime, then carbs at night after I train.

If I ate carbs in the AM I'd be chewing my arm off from hunger all day long.

I'm not going to argue with your results, but that is the exact opposite of how my body works. When I workout at night I do get a pwo shake of pro and carbs (around 7) but then no more carbs after that. Right now I am training mid day and trying to cut carbs after 6ish. Every person has different reactions to nurtition.

Keith
07-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Every person has different reactions to nurtition.

Absolutely.

I'm the same way as you cphafner. Throughout the day I can quite easily live off P+C meals but later on in the evening my appetite increases so much, especially days that I train, that I'll need P+F for my last 2 meals.

Built
07-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Ultimately, it's all about hunger management. If you can't control intake, all other inputs are moot.

marc_____
07-11-2007, 06:54 AM
Interesting that you mentioned that Built. I can easily, compared to others, switch my entire diet in a day and continue with it for a long time, if not for ever. I hardly crave foods, other then saturated fats these days.

I have bookmarked your blog, so now I got two references from this post! Thanks all.

Al3X
07-11-2007, 07:13 AM
Why can't it be easier!!! Just one strict solid nutrition plan. Anyways for the op - continue to lower your bf, you will see the results in a couple weeks.

marc_____
08-22-2007, 08:12 AM
cphafner thanks for pointing me to John Berardi. I bought “Scrawny to Brawny” and just got reading about nutrient timing. According to John and you, my timing was off, way off. I workout in the mornings, and during these days I should be consuming P+C meals in the morning and afternoon. And then in the evenings I switch to a P+F meals.

I started today on this diet. I hope this works.

ArmandSV
08-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Ultimately, it's all about hunger management. If you can't control intake, all other inputs are moot.

Perhaps the best diet plan, I've ever read