PDA

View Full Version : Low calorie foods that fill you up

growthrep
07-09-2007, 01:09 PM
I am in a cut phase and am struggling with hunger. I am eating about 1800 cals a day, mostly from lean meat and fruit. Any suggestions for getting full and not blowing my cal intake?

ShockBoxer
07-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Multigrain Life cereal. 120 calories for a cup. I nibble on one all day.

MMEI
07-09-2007, 01:30 PM
-Veggies, lettuce, celery, low cal broth with veggies in them.

-Adding fiber into your diet is an excellent way to suppress appetite. I use benefiber in my water (along with my veggies which give fiber).

-Drink a full glass of water before every meal.

-Don't avoid fats on diets, they keep you satiated. Sub in more fats by taking out sugars and other carbs.

-When drinking shakes, add more water and ice, so you drink more.

-Tea, Coffee, or other sources of caffeine tend to suppress appetite, too.

-Diet sodas and low cal ice teas are a great way to get flavor and taste without all the calories.

-Listen to your body; if you find yourself too hungry all the time you probably need to up your cals.

growthrep
07-09-2007, 01:31 PM
I'll go buy some today. Thanks. So this fills you up nicely by nibbling on one cup, spread throughout the day? My biggest hunger pangs tend to come between noon and 10 pm.

Cirino83
07-09-2007, 01:37 PM
southwestern egg beaters

ahh thanks paul for introducing these into my life ;)

Optimum08
07-09-2007, 02:36 PM
southwestern egg beaters?

getfit
07-09-2007, 02:37 PM
cottage cheese for me.

cphafner
07-09-2007, 02:40 PM
This is good advice. My only change would be to switch the diet sodas with Crystal Lite. Also try to not "drink" any calories. On a cut food is your friend, eat everything instead of eating shakes. Fish is also a great low-cal way to get your proteins. And don't forget nuts. They are a good way to quench your appetite.

-Veggies, lettuce, celery, low cal broth with veggies in them.

-Adding fiber into your diet is an excellent way to suppress appetite. I use benefiber in my water (along with my veggies which give fiber).

-Drink a full glass of water before every meal.

-Don't avoid fats on diets, they keep you satiated. Sub in more fats by taking out sugars and other carbs.

-When drinking shakes, add more water and ice, so you drink more.

-Tea, Coffee, or other sources of caffeine tend to suppress appetite, too.

-Diet sodas and low cal ice teas are a great way to get flavor and taste without all the calories.

-Listen to your body; if you find yourself too hungry all the time you probably need to up your cals.

Mr. D
07-10-2007, 01:38 AM
I am in a cut phase and am struggling with hunger. I am eating about 1800 cals a day, mostly from lean meat and fruit. Any suggestions for getting full and not blowing my cal intake?

I would add that your 1800 cals should come from lean meat and Veggies not fruit. You might be able to get away with half an apple or something, but the carbs in fruits will add up and make you hungrier.

growthrep
07-10-2007, 07:08 AM
Thanks all for the great replies. Cheers!

Unholy
07-10-2007, 07:38 AM
Southwestern style "Egg Beasters" Brand egg white, one carton is 210 cals and is equivalent to 7 eggs, oh and they have no fat and a tiny bit of carbs.